Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
    Thanks for answering.
    It is working now! And the only thing I did was turn of my computer yesterday, I turn it on today. I tried again and it is working.
    Oh wow so I guess I should add a step 6!

6. Turn computer off and back on, it is a well known solution to many issues. The wise and Illustrious Alex3D is a proponent of this method.

100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Crash Fix for Vertex Snap Editor

I just finished fixing a crash that a community member mentioned to me.

He said it was happening whenever he would click and not actually end up selecting an actor.

So the crash was occurring any time selection changed, but no new actor was selected.

The crash was because of rushed code I added last minute to support Epic's new redo/undo work flow.

It is now fixed!

Enjoy using my vertex snap editor mode!

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
        2. My plugin will not work in a packaged game, nor will any other plugin apparently, unless you have a c++ project.
        So my blueprint project using your stuff won't work when packaged (cooked or whatever it is called) unless I remake my entire project? I thought the whole point was that we can use your plugin without needing to use C++?

Comment

Originally posted by Torabi View Post
          So my blueprint project using your stuff won't work when packaged (cooked or whatever it is called) unless I remake my entire project? I thought the whole point was that we can use your plugin without needing to use C++?
          It's an issue that needs to be fixed by Epic. The same thing happens with a lot of plugins.
          Twitter: @zerofiftyone_
          Button Frenzy store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/454630

Comment

Originally posted by Torabi View Post
            I thought the whole point was that we can use your plugin without needing to use C++?
            Me too!

I was quite surprised by this news as well!

I hope Epic addresses this!

Plugins apparently only work in content-only projects pre-packaging, but to work in a packaged build, currently, it must be a c++ project so it can recompile the plugin source code!

I do hope this gets addressed by Epic and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, other than continue to give people my entire source code for my plugins

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Zeustiak View Post
              By terrain, do you mean an equivalent to landscape in UE4? That would be pretty sweet if I could take my map and use landscape to make the terrain look more realistic, but can you even generate landscapes during runtime?
              Yeah, landscape in UE4 parlance.

I think it actually just generated the heightmaps and then did the import sequence on them (this was Torque 3D).

Me too!

I was quite surprised by this news as well!

I hope Epic addresses this!

Plugins apparently only work in content-only projects pre-packaging, but to work in a packaged build, currently, it must be a c++ project so it can recompile the plugin source code!

I do hope this gets addressed by Epic and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, other than continue to give people my entire source code for my plugins

Rama

Wow, that's quite surprising.
              Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Supporting Plugins for Content-Only Projects

You can add your voice to this issue here!

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-packaged.html

Rama

Comment

Get OS Platform

Click image for larger version

Name:	OSGet.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	1050872

Platforms you can check for:

Windows
                  Mac
                  Linux

PS4
                  XBoxOne

iOS
                  Android

HTML5

WIN RT
                  WIN RT ARM

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

Wiki Tutorial on Transitioning to a C++ Project

I have posted a wiki tutorial on how to change a BP-only project to C++!

It's really really easy!

If you want to package your game and use my plugins, you will need to do this, but it's really not complicated

How to Convert a BP-Only Project to a C++ Project in 8 steps
                    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/How_to..._Project_Guide

This will become unnecessary once Epic resolves this issue of only being able to use plugins in a C++ packaged game.

But in the meantime, using my guide above, you will find its not that hard!

The above guide is a non-destructive process for your original project, because you make a new one instead.

So you can't hurt your original project by trying my guide above, and it will very likely be very easy for you!

Rama
                    Last edited by Rama; 07-28-2014, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Two New Nodes As Of 7/28/14

Set Max Frame Rate

Set Frame Rate To Be Unbound!

These two nodes can be run at any time during game time!

Can be part of your options menu or for testing how game behaves at low frame rates, or what the max frame rate possible is with only your hardware limits!

Click image for larger version

Name:	framerateunbound.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1053033

Enjoy!

Comment

Two New Nodes As Of 7/28/14

Set Max Frame Rate

Set Frame Rate To Be Unbound!
                        Brilliant as always Rama! Thanks.
                        FREE VR Drum Kit Project
                        FREE Color LUT Collection
                        FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
                        FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
                        Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
                        Camera Crossfade

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
                          Brilliant as always Rama! Thanks.
                          Hee hee! Glad you like!

Enjoy the new nodes Jacky!

Rama

Comment

Update:

Blueprint Nodes Now Work in Shipping Builds

Special thanks to Lion for sending me an updated version of my plugin code that works with shipping builds!

The vertex editor mode is still there, but the BP Nodes portion is a separate module now and will compile when my nodes are included in a packaged game.

thanks Lion!

~~~

I am still getting an error when i package a game saying;
                            Plugin 'victoryplugin' failed to load because module 'VictoryBPLibrary' could not be found. the plugin's functionality will not be available. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project.

Do i have to add it in the project settings, packaging area ?

Comment

Originally posted by YrgPikk View Post
                              Do i have to add it in the project settings, packaging area ?
                              Do you have a content only project? no C++ / visual studio?

If so, Epic must address this, please add your weight to our movement to get Epic's attention on this:

Supporting Plugins for Content-Only Projects

You can add your voice to this issue here!

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-packaged.html

Comment

Thanks Rama,

Yes my first project was content only ( blueprint)

I converted it to c++ and now can't package my game with your plugins

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: e:\test\KL_VS\Plugins\victoryplugin\Binaries\Win32\VictoryBPLibrary-Win32-Shipping-Static.lib

IN the log, it shows almost all calls to the library stating

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: e:\test\KL_VS\Plugins\victoryplugin\Source\victorybplibrary\private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(1593) : error C2653: 'UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary' : is not a class or namespace name

Comment

Working...
                                X