Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morph targeting is done by the GPU / render thread, so there is no CPU / game thread position data available (as far as I know).
    Thank you for your answer!
    I found other solution (I baked morph as base in external package Blender -> import to UE4 as new character through FBX -> export character from UE as FBX (with pose I need) -> edit in 3ds Max to delete skeleton and use only mesh -> import to UE4 just mesh with applied morph and with my pose).
    But now I have other issue. For some reason indices of vertices in your node don't match to coordinates after some number.
    For example, I need track vertex with number 29479. I know that this vertex has next coordinates in OBJ file (x,y,z) 175.9547, 41.1285, 113.0462. But when I look in UE I see other coordinates (see attachment). Zeroes for "Get Static Mesh Vertex Locations" and completely different coordinates for "Animated Vertex Get Animated Vertex Locations".
    Click image for larger version

Name:	array.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	1115935
    But if I compare first 10 vertices, they are completely the same as in OBJ file.
    Why this happens?

Comment

Hi rama,
      Thanks for your great works,
      I want to know is it possible to load a mp3 sound files into engine in runtime ? something like you did to load texture during runtime
      ABC Augmented Reality by UE4
      GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

Hi Rama,
        thanks for your contribution to the unreal community!
        i'm currently using Victory Plugin 4.11 with Unreal Engine 4.11.2 version.
        I followed your instructions about how install the plugin, copying the Victory Plugin content under the Engine/Plugins/Runtime folder but i'm facing some issues with Shipping packaging (both 32/64) as when i try to launch the game exe as shown in the screenshots below that error message appears.
        To get the package to work i have to use the exe file under "MyProject\Binaries\Win32/64" but only after renaming it by removing the suffix "-Win32/64-Shipping"
        Is this normal or am i missing something?[

Comment

Originally posted by Vahid View Post
          Hi rama,
          I want to know is it possible to load a mp3 sound files into engine in runtime ? something like you did to load texture during runtime
          You can load an audio file with the plugin but it has to be an ogg file - probably because it's an open format.

Comment

Rama if you ever have time, id like to talk to you about a commission to creating private blueprints or a plugin for me, if that is possible

Comment

Originally posted by yuriki View Post
              Thank you for your answer!

But if I compare first 10 vertices, they are completely the same as in OBJ file.
              Why this happens?
              Congratulations on your progress! Yay!

The way that an OBJ stores data, an FBX, and the way that UE4 stores imported vertex data are very likely all different

You'd really want to do a readout from within UE4 using one method, and stick to that method, but I imagine there's some reason you want to examine the index alignments pre-UE4?

Originally posted by Vahid View Post
              Hi rama,
              It's very nice to hear from you [MENTION=4353]Dannington[/MENTION] !

Vahid, its an interesting concept, but it's getting kind of close to the UE4 EULA barrier about not making a packaged game that has editor-capabilities that replace your end-user / potential developer's need for UE4, in my opinion.

Any time you are importing assets at runtime from external file formats the way UE4 would, you need to dearly consider the UE4 EULA, and consider making a mod or content pak instead

Rama
              Last edited by Rama; 10-03-2016, 08:29 PM.
              100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by FraZack View Post
                Hi Rama,
                thanks for your contribution to the unreal community!
                i'm currently using Victory Plugin 4.11 with Unreal Engine 4.11.2 version.
                I followed your instructions about how install the plugin, copying the Victory Plugin content under the Engine/Plugins/Runtime folder but i'm facing some issues with Shipping packaging (both 32/64) as when i try to launch the game exe as shown in the screenshots below that error message appears.
                To get the package to work i have to use the exe file under "MyProject\Binaries\Win32/64" but only after renaming it by removing the suffix "-Win32/64-Shipping"
                Is this normal or am i missing something?[

You're welcome!

Ahm, it's definitely not normal, but I don't quite know why this is your experience. When I package from within UE4 and end up with a packaged game, it just sort of... runs So I am not yet sure what the difference is.

Your workaround is actually the most peculiar part, but I am glad you figured out a solution, that's amazing!

I will have to investigate as time permits, but please keep me posted if your workaround breaks at any point

Rama

Originally posted by Tea-Rexx View Post
                Rama if you ever have time, id like to talk to you about a commission to creating private blueprints or a plugin for me, if that is possible
                I pm'ed you

Rama
                Last edited by Rama; 10-03-2016, 08:37 PM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                  You're welcome!

Ahm, it's definitely not normal, but I don't quite know why this is your experience. When I package from within UE4 and end up with a packaged game, it just sort of... runs So I am not yet sure what the difference is.

Your workaround is actually the most peculiar part, but I am glad you figured out a solution, that's amazing!

I will have to investigate as time permits, but please keep me posted if your workaround breaks at any point

Rama
                  Hi Rama, thanks for your answer!

I've done some more tests and these are the results
                  • I've tried, with a different computer, the same installation process described in my previous post but the same behaviour still occurs: if packaged for Shipping 32 or 64 that error appears when launching the exe file in the root folder and, to solve this i have to use the workaround. Packaging for development instead doesn't have any kind of problem.

• I've also tried with a clean windows 10 installation on my main computer but the problem persists

• Finally, using the same steps used to install the 4.11 plugin version, i made some tests with the 4.12 plugin version and, no problem occurred. This should mean that i follow the instruction correctly and that the problem may be in the 4.11 plugin version itself, what do you think?

More details about my setup:

The 4.11 plugin version i've downloaded is this one: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jp91b9...ryPlugin11.zip
                  Can you confirm that it is the most up to date plugin version for 4.11.2 Engine?

I've Visual Studio 2015 Community installed

The workaround seems to have no limitations at all but i would prefer to have a proper .exe file in my root folder if possible!
                  Anyway thanks for your support and keep up the good work!

here two screenshots, one for the plugin installation folder and one with my package settings

Comment

I'm having a small issue with the fullscreen nodes. I'm trying to force regular fullscreen, but "PreferredFullscreenMode=1" is always saved to GameUserSettings.ini instead of Mode=0. Any advice?

Name:	Fullscreen.jpg
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1116358

Comment

Dear Community,

For the benefit of all you lovely VR enthusiasts who have more than one VR headset that you are testing with, I present to you a BP node to let you know which type of headset is currently hooked up to the computer!

Please keep in mind that I've added my own addition, which is the None option, this can happen if you don't have any device hooked up and could help with debugging, especially in packaged games.

Name:	GetHMD.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	1116436

~~~

New Download for UE4 4.13 (55mb, Media Fire)
                      https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
                      2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
                      3. Win32 Development
                      4. Win32 Shipping
                      4. HTML5 Development
                      5. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.12: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...ryPlugin12.zip

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
                      http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama

Comment

Name:	Paths.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1116700

Dear Community,

A reminder of these extremely powerful nodes to help you access the directory structure of your game after it has been packaged and put wherever by your user!

Victory Absolute Paths!
                        Live as of March 3rd 2015 build

Get the File Path to your project .exe, your project root directory, and more!

These paths are dynamically updated even if you move the entire project to a new location on your computer!

All these nodes are fully compatible with packaged builds and return absolute paths!

These nodes also work in Development/Editor builds!

~~~

More Power For You in BP

Now you can easily create your own folders/files, relative to the project root directory or your project's .exe!

Please note that in editor builds, the .exe returns your UE4Editor.exe location, but in packaged games it returns your game's .exe

Name:	Paths2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	1116701

~~~

Recommendation:

I recommend using the Project Game directory for most of your relative path needs! This works the same in Editor and packaged builds!

You can also get your Saved and Logs folders for your project in both packaged and editor builds!

~~~

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
                        3. Win32 Development
                        4. Win32 Shipping
                        4. HTML5 Development

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

~~~

Rama

Comment

Hello Rama,
                          I'm trying your plugin for the first time because I need to be able get pixel color from a texture.
                          However I only get it to work if I use your load texture nodes that require an absolute path. If I use "Victory Get Pixel From T2D" and just select one of my textures from the dropdown menu I get an engine crash and it breaks saying "Color was nullptr."
                          Is there some special requirement for the texture2d type to work?

Name:	f5ced548eb.png
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1116738

Thank you for this awesome plugin btw
                          Project Shinrin | Portfolio

Comment

Hi Rama, any eta for a 4.14 update thanks.

All good ended up rebuilding it for 4.14 P1.
                            Last edited by OverRated_AU; 10-21-2016, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FloreVanackere View Post
                              Hello Rama,
                              I'm trying your plugin for the first time because I need to be able get pixel color from a texture.
                              However I only get it to work if I use your load texture nodes that require an absolute path. If I use "Victory Get Pixel From T2D" and just select one of my textures from the dropdown menu I get an engine crash and it breaks saying "Color was nullptr."
                              Is there some special requirement for the texture2d type to work?

Thank you for this awesome plugin btw
                              Hi there!

To try and isolate any hardware or other platform issues, can you try the following test:
                              Load Texture From T2D

Use the AnalogHat texture, engine content, make sure to Show Engine Content if you are not seeing it

The full reference for the asset I am talking about is:

Code:
                              Texture2D'/Engine/MobileResources/HUD/AnalogHat.AnalogHat'
                              I did this in 4.13 just now and it worked great

Rama

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                              Hi Rama, any eta for a 4.14 update thanks.

All good ended up rebuilding it for 4.14 P1.
                              So it sounds like you did the 4.14 upgrade easily? Is there an eta on 4.14 itself? I dont want to transition too soon if most ppl are still using 4.13

Rama

Comment

Launch any program from your computer's OS from UE4 Blueprints, with Parameters!

Name:	CreateProc.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	335.1 KB
ID:	1117013

Dear Community

True to my wish of empowering all of you in Blueprints via my Victory BP library, these new nodes are VERY powerful!

With these nodes you can launch other applications of your choosing, with commandline arguments, right from BP!

You can even choose whether the application you launch should be detached and/or hidden.

1. Detached ~ Your UE4 app can close itself if Detached is true. If false, your UE4 app considers itself the parent of the created process and will wait until that child process finishes running before closing itself.

2. Hidden ~ If hidden, the process will run silently and undetectable to the user. Useful for background tasks that are not meant to distract from gameplay.

Software Design Consideration
                                Please use Detached + Hidden with consideration for your end user's computer resources, as they wont be able to close the app if it is detached AND hidden.

I could not locate a way to end a process via process ID, only handles which are not BP exposeable. If people enjoy these nodes and would like it, I can make a BlueprintType exposed Process handle to enable additional features. So let me know if you are using these nodes!

~~~

Get Application Name

When you create a process through my BP node, you should save the resulting ProcessID as a var so that you can then verify it was created, and you can use this node to get the name back from the OS.

~~~

Is Application Running

If you launch a process and want to wait to perform other logic until you know that process has finished running, you can save to variable the Process ID from CreateProcess and use this node to find out when your other app finishes running!

~~~

More Power For You in BP

Victory to You!

Rama

~~~

1. Win64 Development
                                3. Win32 Development
                                4. Win32 Shipping
                                4. HTML5 Development

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

~~~

Rama

Comment

Working...
                                X