Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rama, i have a question, the load level instance is great, but i was wondering if there's any way to unload a level instance

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
      Whoa neat!

You re-enabled ISMs in 4.13 or 4.12 ?

I will have to try ISM editing in 4.13 soon!

Rama
      [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION] ... In both! They appear to be working fine

However, I can only get them to work when I use your Victory ISM class. Making one in the editor by adding an ISM component to an Actor and making it the root appears to work at first, but when you save and reload the project the instances have disappeared. I have set the class in the project settings.

Any ideas on why that is?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for getting this out so fast Rama! And the save system, very excited to play around with both in 4.13 once the ocean system one is up to scratch!

Adam

Comment

Hey Rama (or anyone that may be able to help),

I just downloaded and started using the Victory Plugin, using 4.13. Everything seems to be working properly and I can get most of the new nodes to work. However, when I try to use the 'Capture 2D Save Image' node provided by user Kris way back in 2015 ( http://bit.ly/2c75XXV ) I cannot get it to output any image files. I may be doing something wrong or misunderstanding how it works, but if anyone has any insight or help I would appreciate it.

Otherwise, thanks for the plugin! Lots of really helpful stuff in there!

Comment

Hey Rama,

We are using the 4.13 plugin and I am getting multiple errors on PS4.
            CreateImport: Failed to load Outer for resource...

I didn't have any problem with the 4.12 plugin.

Any idea what is happening there?

Cheers,
            Charlie
            Last edited by CharlieVolpe; 09-09-2016, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone
              Just decided to try using plugin in my 4.13 project

I followed the manual, but can't package the project for any supported platform, getting "fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'tbbmalloc.lib'" when plugin is active
              Never used any plugins before, so feel confused a little. What am I missing?
              Final Protection the game
              Final Protection RU VK group

Comment

This is excellent, very useful. Thank you very much, Rama!

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieVolpe View Post
                  Hey Rama,

We are using the 4.13 plugin and I am getting multiple errors on PS4.
                  CreateImport: Failed to load Outer for resource...

I didn't have any problem with the 4.12 plugin.

Any idea what is happening there?

Cheers,
                  Charlie
                  I would love it if someone developing for ps4 could help in this matter, I do not have the hardware to test with myself

Rama

~~~

Answer to Level Streaming Unloading

Originally posted by yanzco View Post
                  Rama, i have a question, the load level instance is great, but i was wondering if there's any way to unload a level instance
                  Drag off from the return value of my node, and then you can set the bool bLoaded or visible to false

Code:
                  	/** Whether the level should be loaded																						*/
                  	UPROPERTY(Category=LevelStreaming, BlueprintReadWrite)
                  	uint32 bShouldBeLoaded:1;

/** Whether the level should be visible if it is loaded																		*/
                  	UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, Category=LevelStreaming, BlueprintReadWrite)
                  	uint32 bShouldBeVisible:1;

It's not particularly intuitive because you just set the boolean flag and UE4 processes the flag on the next engine tick, which is not the typical way of operating in BP but that is how level streaming works, and this is the only format I could expose without extensive engine modifications being required to support BP.

There could be functions made that would just flip this bool I suppose... maybe will make that a github pull request....
                  Last edited by Rama; 09-18-2016, 01:02 PM.
                  100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by MajorFailure View Post
                    [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION] ... In both! They appear to be working fine

However, I can only get them to work when I use your Victory ISM class. Making one in the editor by adding an ISM component to an Actor and making it the root appears to work at first, but when you save and reload the project the instances have disappeared. I have set the class in the project settings.

Any ideas on why that is?

Thanks
                    ooh that's great intel, thank you! I will investigate

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Get Your / the local player's IP Address from BP!

BP Node to Get Your Computer's IP Address!

Dear Community,

I've finally succeeded at implementing a node that many have been trying to implement since the Beta!

This is a BP node that gets the IP address of your computer!

My node relies on http://api.ipify.org, a free and easy way to get your current IP address.

Because this node involves an HTTP request I can't make it a static library node, so I instead made a VictoryPC class that contains only this functionality.

You can easily re-parent your current player controller blueprint to use my plugin VictoryPC class!

File->Reparent

and if you are not using a PC already, make sure to go to World Settings and use my VictoryPC as your player controller!

As long as my Victory BP Library is an active plugin for you, then this VictoryPC class will show up!

~~~

Celebration!

Yay!

Now we can all get the IP address of the local computer for use with multiplayer games or webserver activities!

Enjoy!

Rama

~~~

Pic

Here's the setup you should create in your Blueprinted version of my VictoryPC!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IPGetMyIP.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	1115574

~~~

C++ Source Code For You

Here is the C++ source code I wrote just earlier today!

Code:
                      bool AVictoryPC::VictoryPC_GetMyIP_SendRequest()
                      {
                      	FHttpModule* Http = &FHttpModule::Get();

if(!Http)
                      	{
                      		return false;
                      	}

if(!Http->IsHttpEnabled()) 
                      	{
                      		return false;
                      	} 
                      	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FString TargetHost = "http://api.ipify.org";
                      	TSharedRef < IHttpRequest > Request = Http->CreateRequest(); 
                      	Request->SetVerb("GET");
                      	Request->SetURL(TargetHost);
                      	Request->SetHeader("User-Agent", "VictoryBPLibrary/1.0");
                      	Request->SetHeader("Content-Type" ,"text/html");

Request->OnProcessRequestComplete().BindUObject(this, &AVictoryPC::HTTPOnResponseReceived);
                      	if (!Request->ProcessRequest())
                      	{
                      		return false;
                      	}

return true;
                      }

void AVictoryPC::HTTPOnResponseReceived(FHttpRequestPtr Request, FHttpResponsePtr Response, bool bWasSuccessful)
                      {
                      	this->VictoryPC_GetMyIP_DataReceived(Response->GetContentAsString());
                      }
                      ~~~

New Download for UE4 4.13 (55mb, Media Fire)
                      https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
                      2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
                      3. Win32 Development
                      4. Win32 Shipping
                      4. HTML5 Development
                      5. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.12: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...ryPlugin12.zip

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
                      http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama

Comment

new release is working like a charm - I had troubles packaging with previous one
                        I dunno what happened, but am greatly thankful, [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION]

the only thing - maybe, it's time to update plugin's BP node list at 1st post of the topic?
                        it would be useful for newcomers like me
                        Final Protection the game
                        Final Protection RU VK group

Comment

Hi Rama!
                          I might be especially dumb today but I cannot figure how to make ISM editing work for 4.13.
                          I've followed wiki with VictoryEdEngine/DefaultEngine.ini staff but looks like there is outdated version or smf. I have installed VictoryPlugin for 4.13 and cannot see how to SM<->ISM.
                          I simply need to convert huge amount of SM to ISM

Comment

Hi Rama! Thank you for this amazing plugin!!!!
                            I'm using it with UE4.11 for Skeletal mesh with Morph targets. But I can't receive data from vertices with morphs. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Could you help me please?

Name:	no-vert-data.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	1115810
                            My Graph:

Name:	graph.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1115811

Comment

Originally posted by Voradori View Post
                              The only thing - maybe, it's time to update plugin's BP node list at 1st post of the topic?
                              it would be useful for newcomers like me
                              Ahh that's a good idea

Originally posted by overlaps View Post
                              Hi Rama!
                              I might be especially dumb today but I cannot figure how to make ISM editing work for 4.13.
                              I've followed wiki with VictoryEdEngine/DefaultEngine.ini staff but looks like there is outdated version or smf. I have installed VictoryPlugin for 4.13 and cannot see how to SM<->ISM.
                              I simply need to convert huge amount of SM to ISM
                              I will investigate state of ISM editor for 4.13, I thought Epic's new actor merge feature would replace need for my ISM editor but that doesnt appear to be the case

Originally posted by yuriki View Post
                              Hi Rama! Thank you for this amazing plugin!!!!
                              I'm using it with UE4.11 for Skeletal mesh with Morph targets. But I can't receive data from vertices with morphs. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Could you help me please?
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]111267[/ATTACH]
                              My Graph:
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]111268[/ATTACH]
                              Hi there!

The issue is that vertex positions can only be obtained on the game thread for cpu-based manipulations of the vertices, ie, skinned mesh vertex animation using animation assets.

Morph targeting is done by the GPU / render thread, so there is no CPU / game thread position data available (as far as I know).

This means if you really do need the morph targeted position you'd have to switch to a facial bone rig and use that instead, if you have one, those animation adjustments, because they are done via bones and are performed on the cpu by the skeletal/skinned mesh class code, will show up correctly.

If your entire workflow is based around morph targeting then I do not currently know of a way to get those position.

You could get absolute state positions, ie, the static poses of each morph target

And you could theoretically blend between those static poses (vertex positions) if you knew what morphs were in effect (as you surely would since you are applying the morphs)

But there's no built in way to get the morph target vertex positions that I know of, again since it is performed on the gpu not the cpu.

Again since you know the absolute bounds of each morph target from the static version of the morph in your original art asset, you could export all those static poses and use those vertex positions, blending between them based on the alphas of the applied morphs.

Solution:

So now that I am thinking about it, it is not that hard, you just have to import each static pose for the face that is a morph target for the skeletal mesh, and get the vertex positions of the static mesh poses and blend between them using series of simple Vector Lerps.

Good luck!

Rama
                              Last edited by Rama; 09-24-2016, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Victory Instanced Static Mesh Editor 4.13

Dear Community,

By popular request I've finally restored the Victory ISM Editor functionality in my vertex snap plugin!

I provide you here with an entire project that you can use to understand the setup:

Media Fire ~ Entire functional UE4 Project for 4.13
                                https://www.mediafire.com/?21nsv6zrlxdp35f

Overview Of Victory ISM Editor With Videos
                                https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama&#39;s...ic_Mesh_Editor

The 4.13 Implementation
                                Basically my Victory ISM editor has to use a C++ based instanced static mesh actor in order to work correctly, as BP-added ISM components dont survive serialization for some reason, but my C++ class does, which is called VictoryISM.

The VictoryISM class is set in project settings -> Victory Ed Engine

You also have to set in your DefaultEngine.ini that you want to use VictoryEdEngine your extended UnrealEdEngine class

Controls
                                Select a bunch of static mesh actors, and press I in order to merge them, press SHIFT + I to separate them again for editing.

Undo/Redo
                                My merging process works with undo/redo feature of UE4

Packaging
                                My Victory Plugin is included as a runtime plugin that contains the VictoryISM class that will package with the game so that your levels will have the VictoryISM actors in them after packaging.

I had to do it this way because the Victory Ed Engine plugin is an editor only plugin and wont package, so I can't put the special C++ VictoryISM actor class in the editor only plugin because that class would not be found in packaged games.

You can use any recent version of my Victory Plugin with this setup, I dont plan to change the VictoryISM class any time soon

Rama

Videos

Last edited by Rama; 09-25-2016, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X