Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davision View Post
    If I ever want to release my game for mac or mobile I have to get rid of every victory node manually right? I currently have used a lot of victory nodes without even noticing since like half of the nodes have victory in the name while other half don't. Now If I want to get rid of all I used I have to find them somehow, how would that be possible?

I really appreciate the wide use the victory nodes have, a lot I have done will be very hard to create without them I imagine. Anyway, being stuck with PC Windows only is a huge bummer.
    I released a mac version of my plugin. It is in this thread a few pages back (sorry I can't find the link at the moment)
    Direct link is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4m...yPluginMac.zip

I believe this is 4.12

Regarding mobile, you would need someone who has C++ powers to compile for whichever mobile platform you need.

I wish people using my plugin who are doing mac and mobile would post versions for these platforms which I have a hard time supporting as I am mostly using PC

Rama
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasifall View Post
      I was able to compile and use the 4.13 update, but packaging Win64 Development returns the following errors:
      Edit: Same errors on Win64 shipping

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(VictoryBPLibrary.generated.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __cdecl UActorComponent::CreatePhysicsState(void)" (?CreatePhysicsState@UActorComponent@@MEAAXXZ)
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(Module.VictoryBPLibrary.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __cdecl UActorComponent::CreatePhysicsState(void)" (?CreatePhysicsState@UActorComponent@@MEAAXXZ)
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(VictoryBPLibrary.generated.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __cdecl UActorComponent:estroyPhysicsState(void)" (?DestroyPhysicsState@UActorComponent@@MEAAXXZ)
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(Module.VictoryBPLibrary.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __cdecl UActorComponent:estroyPhysicsState(void)" (?DestroyPhysicsState@UActorComponent@@MEAAXXZ)
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(VictoryBPLibrary.generated.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl AActor::UnregisterAllComponents(void)" (?UnregisterAllComponents@AActor@@UEAAXXZ)
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(Module.VictoryBPLibrary.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl AActor::UnregisterAllComponents(void)" (?UnregisterAllComponents@AActor@@UEAAXXZ)
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: Z:\UEProjects\TheNest_MP_02\Binaries\Win64\TheNest.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
      Hi there!

I just packaged 4.13 Shipping with no issues:

Code:
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory: ********** STAGE COMMAND COMPLETED **********
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Package: ********** PACKAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Package: ********** PACKAGE COMMAND COMPLETED **********
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Archive: ********** ARCHIVE COMMAND STARTED **********
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Archive: ********** ARCHIVE COMMAND COMPLETED **********
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Automation.Execute: BUILD SUCCESSFUL
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=0 (Success)

Do you have VS2015 on that computer / C++ powers?

I can't explain why you are getting those errors and I am not.

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Dear Community,

Here is a reminder of some of the extra UMG nodes that are in my Victory Plugin, and available to you courtesy of our lovely UE4 Community Member [MENTION=267]Kris[/MENTION]!

Originally posted by Kris of Red Beard Fame View Post
        Figure a quick explanation of these widgets is order, for those who aren't sure of their usage.

Get First Widget Of Class
        This is just for conveniences sake.
        If there is only ever one version of a particular widget at a time (such as a menu screen), this will get it as quickly as possible without having an existing reference to it.

Get Widget From Name
        Exposes existing C++ function that the user widget class already had.

We use it in GB to create different screens that do not share a base class or layout through the same macros/function, without the need to pass along a reference to a particular.
        Instead, the macro/function finds a Widget Switcher that uses the name "ScreenContainer" and continues.

Widget Get Children Of Class
        Finds all widgets of a certain class that are children to an existing widget.
        They do not have to be direct children or visible.
        If they are in the chain of widgets somewhere below the parent widget, the function will find them.

If you want to generate a bunch of similar entries in multiple lists, then assign them later, this makes it very easy.

Widget Get Parent Of Class
        Finds a widget of a certain class that is a parent to an existing widget.
        They do not have to be a direct parent or visible.
        It doesn't matter how far down the chain of widgets you are when you call this function - if the a widgets exists somewhere up the chain, it will find it.

This one has been particularly useful in GB, allowing us to get a reference to the parent manager without passing around references or cycling through widgets of a similar class.

Widget Is Child Of
        Exposes existing C++ function that the widget class already had.
        Superseded by GetChildOfClass, but still might come in handy.

Rama

Comment

Hello, thought I would post about my issues with Linux and the plugin (also for Rama if you read this it impacts your Save plugin as well).

We used the plugin in 4.10 on our linux servers with no issue and recently started the process of updating to 4.12. I thought there was some new process or something going on as the servers were spitting out tons of errors related to the plugin where as the windows client and windows server had no issue.

The plugin has windows whitelisted in the uplugin file at the root of the plugin directory. Once I removed the whitelisting it compiled just fine and the linux server binaries were back to working.

Just thought I would post to hopefully save someone else some time and perhaps get it mentioned in the documentation somewhere if you want to keep that enabled if you want to only "officially" support it on Windows as it seems to work in Linux without much issue.

Thanks.

Comment

Hey, it seems my last message went by unnoticed. So I'll just quote myself real quick.

Originally posted by Seirei View Post
            I'm experiencing an issue with the "Get Brush Resource as texture 2D" Node.

I'm generating a brush from a Material Instance with a size of 256x256, but the resulting Texture 2D is always 0x0. Is there a specific workflow to make it work?

I'm using 4.12.
            Are there any pointers what the issue could be?

I'm basically trying to get a thumbnail for my save games. For that I'm spawning a scene capture, use it's output as a texture in a material that is converted into a slate brush with the "Make Brush from Material" node and the output of that goes into the "Get Brush Resource as texture 2D".

This seems to be overcomplicated, but it's so far the only thing I got working in a way that shows the images from the scene capture on my widgets. I'm just stuck at actually saving those images in any way.
            I'd be happy with a workaround or anything as long as it works in the end.

Comment

[MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION] thanks for all these great nodes, is it possible to make a character portrait node for UMG? there is hardly any info about this and the current blueprint method is a hack job having a node for this would be great thanks.

Comment

Load Level Instance is Live in 4.13 Main Release!

Dear Community,

Epic accepted my C++ Code for the Victory BP Library node, Load Level Instance, and it is now live in 4.13!

You can now access this BP node in the main engine release right now!

Click image for larger version

Name:	LoadLevelInstance.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	1114391

Name:	LoadLevelInstance2.jpg
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	1114392

Name:	LoadLevelInstanceBP.jpg
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	1114393

Comment

This looks fantastic Rama! I didn't see this node before, but I can start making use of this almost immediately. No more manually linking my streamed levels. Thank you so much.

Comment

Hey Rama, do you have a 4.13 packaged build available?

Comment

Any chance of getting proper releases on Github? I'm on 4.12.5 currently. The latest on Github for 4.13 is not compatible, and the download you've linked to on the wiki is older (pre-4.11.6) and needs manual fixing just to compile.

Comment

4.13 version ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                          As I mentioned Epic has integrated the spirit of my very old pull request for an Instanced Static Mesh Editor feature in their Actor Merging experimental (now no longer experimental!) feature!

I'd love to know how you get along with using this new feature!

Rama
                          Hello [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION], thanks again for your awesome contributions

Regarding the Actor Merging, unless I'm missing something silly this doesn't create instanced static meshes? It just combines into a single static mesh (thankfully with collision in 4.13), so it's not a replacement for your system? I'm confused!

I've re-enabled ISMs in your plugin and it still works great, the ability to go back and forth between ISMs and SMs so easily is invaluable

Would love to know what I'm missing here!

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CognitionTom View Post
                            This looks fantastic Rama! I didn't see this node before, but I can start making use of this almost immediately. No more manually linking my streamed levels. Thank you so much.
                            You're Welcome!

Rama

Originally posted by Thebluefish View Post
                            Any chance of getting proper releases on Github? I'm on 4.12.5 currently. The latest on Github for 4.13 is not compatible, and the download you've linked to on the wiki is older (pre-4.11.6) and needs manual fixing just to compile.
                            The latest is on github now

Originally posted by Andrea_92 View Post
                            4.13 version ?
                            Originally posted by Neur0t1c View Post
                            Hey Rama, do you have a 4.13 packaged build available?
                            Oops I think I made assumption that my preview 4.13 build would work in 4.13 official release but that's probably not the case

Will do that soon

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by MajorFailure View Post
                              Hello [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION], thanks again for your awesome contributions

I've re-enabled ISMs in your plugin and it still works great, the ability to go back and forth between ISMs and SMs so easily is invaluable

Thanks.
                              Whoa neat!

You re-enabled ISMs in 4.13 or 4.12 ?

I will have to try ISM editing in 4.13 soon!

Rama

Comment

Victory Plugin Updated to 4.13 Main Release!

Dear Community,

Hiii!

I've updated Victory Plugin to 4.13 Release!

Enjooooy!

~~~

New Download for UE4 4.13 (55mb, Media Fire)
                                https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
                                2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
                                3. Win32 Development
                                4. Win32 Shipping
                                4. HTML5 Development
                                5. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.12: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...ryPlugin12.zip

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
                                http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama

Comment

Working...
                                X