Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rama do you know that you're the patron saint of Unreal? <3 <3 <3 it works if I keep it project level only, but I'm okay with that!

Comment

Originally posted by MattD View Post
      Rama do you know that you're the patron saint of Unreal? <3 <3 <3 it works if I keep it project level only, but I'm okay with that!
      Hee hee!

Sounds good to meee!

Lovely to hear from you MattD!

Rama
      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

How to get the Relative Path to your project Game Dir in a packaged game, anywhere on device

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paths.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1112055

Dear Community,

A reminder of these extremely powerful nodes to help you access the directory structure of your game after it has been packaged and put wherever by your user!

Victory Absolute Paths!
        Live as of March 3rd 2015 build

Get the File Path to your project .exe, your project root directory, and more!

These paths are dynamically updated even if you move the entire project to a new location on your computer!

All these nodes are fully compatible with packaged builds and return absolute paths!

These nodes also work in Development/Editor builds!

~~~

More Power For You in BP

Now you can easily create your own folders/files, relative to the project root directory or your project's .exe!

Please note that in editor builds, the .exe returns your UE4Editor.exe location, but in packaged games it returns your game's .exe

Name:	Paths2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	1112056

~~~

Recommendation:

I recommend using the Project Game directory for most of your relative path needs! This works the same in Editor and packaged builds!

You can also get your Saved and Logs folders for your project in both packaged and editor builds!

~~~

New Download for UE4 4.12 (55mb, Media Fire)
        https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
        2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
        3. Win32 Development
        4. Win32 Shipping
        4. HTML5 Development
        5. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
        http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
        Last edited by Rama; 07-15-2016, 12:33 AM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

[MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION], I think, there's a typo in your code on github. See this.

Shouldn't it be
          Code:
          Pixel.A = ((Pixel.R == ClearFColour.R) && (Pixel.G == ClearFColour.G) && (Pixel.B == ClearFColour.B)) ? 0 : 255;
          instead?

Or simpler:
          Code:
          Pixel.A = Pixel == ClearFColour ? 0 : 255;
          Last edited by Atheist91; 07-19-2016, 09:31 AM.
          Check out the game I'm working on: the Freedom Code! (FPP, jumping around, arcade, simple puzzles)
          Info: [ UE4 forum topic | my blog post #1 | my blog post #2 ]
          Videos: [ trailer #1 | trailer #2 | update 0.4.4 ]
          Download v0.4.4 x32: [ download | mirror (gdrive) ]
          Download v0.4.4 x64: [ download | mirror (gdrive) ]

Comment

Originally posted by Atheist91 View Post
            [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION], I think, there's a typo in your code on github. See this.

Shouldn't it be
            Code:
            Pixel.A = ((Pixel.R == ClearFColour.R) && (Pixel.G == ClearFColour.G) && (Pixel.B == ClearFColour.B)) ? 0 : 255;
            instead?

Or simpler:
            Code:
            Hi there, welcome to the forums!

I am forwarding your comment to the person who authored that code for their review, it does appear that some modifications are needed

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Atheist91 View Post
              @Rama, I think, there's a typo in your code on github. See this.

Shouldn't it be
              Code:
              instead?

Or simpler:
              Code:
              Yes, yes it should be (.R, .G, .B).
              But not that latter (Pixel == ClearFColour), as we don't want the user to worry about the correct alpha, just the colour.

Thank you.
              Rule#21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Comment

Oh, right. Silly me.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.
                Check out the game I'm working on: the Freedom Code! (FPP, jumping around, arcade, simple puzzles)
                Info: [ UE4 forum topic | my blog post #1 | my blog post #2 ]
                Videos: [ trailer #1 | trailer #2 | update 0.4.4 ]
                Download v0.4.4 x32: [ download | mirror (gdrive) ]
                Download v0.4.4 x64: [ download | mirror (gdrive) ]

Comment

Hi Rama!

Really thanks for this BP Library is really helpfull!!!!

In some other thread someone told me that with your BP library I can send commands to windows like execute a .bat. But I cant find the BP

Can someone pls tell which one is the BP that executes this.

Thanks!

Comment

New Node, DateTime, UTCToLocal, and fix for CaptureComponent2D_SaveImage

Name:	UTCToLocal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	1112348

Dear Community,

Kris's fix for CaptureComponent2D_SaveImage is in this newest build!

Also I am releasing my 2-day research project to you all! (My final solution took 5 min to figure out, but discovering the problem took much longer ).

Here I am giving you the ability to convert a UTC Date Time into your local time zone, at the time of the execution of the code (not hardcoded in BP or anywhere).

This node retrieves the local time of your computer, and the current UTC time, and uses that offset to take any UTC time and convert it to your/the end user's local time zone!

This is very important for any time you can only get times in UTC but need a BP node to convert to the user's local time!

I needed this for my Rama Save System Plugin to allow people to get a File Time stamp in local time!

And I am giving this research of mine to you as part of Victory Plugin (source code is included in the complimentary download)

~~~

C++ Code

Here is the code I figured out to do this dynamic UTC to Local conversion in very succinct fashion!

Note I return by Reference for maximum memory efficiency

Code:
                    UFUNCTION(BlueprintPure, Category = "Rama Save System|File IO")
                    static void UTCToLocal(const FDateTime& UTCTime, FDateTime& LocalTime)
                    {    
                    	//Turn UTC into local ♥ Rama
                    	FTimespan UTCOffset = FDateTime::Now() - FDateTime::UtcNow();
                    	LocalTime = UTCTime;
                    	LocalTime += UTCOffset;
                    	//♥ Rama
                    }
                    ~~~

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
                    3. Win32 Development
                    4. Win32 Shipping
                    4. HTML5 Development

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

~~~

Rama
                    Last edited by Rama; 07-20-2016, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NitoKyu View Post
                      Hi Rama!

Really thanks for this BP Library is really helpfull!!!!

In some other thread someone told me that with your BP library I can send commands to windows like execute a .bat.
                      Thanks!
                      Sounds like a prediction of the future!

I was also request to write way to Exec a process from BP.

On my to do list

Rama

Comment

Hi Rama, Hi All! Can you help me? I don't understand how to enable snapping hotkeys mode? I am trying instructions on https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...n#Installation, but unsuccesfully. UE just crushed.

Comment

Originally posted by xdeviloper View Post
                          Hi Rama, Hi All! Can you help me? I don't understand how to enable snapping hotkeys mode? I am trying instructions on https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...n#Installation, but unsuccesfully. UE just crushed.
                          Welcome to the forums!

Rama

Comment

New BP nodes for MD5 Hash File Verification, Verify your game's downloaded patch files!

Name:	MD5Hash.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	1112475

Dear Community,

I've just release 2 new nodes that help you to do MD5 file verification on your downloaded files!

What are MD5 Files For?

MD5 hashes of files enable you to verify the data integrity of files that your users download from the internet.

You generate your own MD5 from original file, and then distribute the MD5 file (1kb in size) to users along with the much larger download file.

After your user downloads your game's patch files or other important files, then you can use my BP nodes to compare the downloaded file hash with the md5 you gave to the user, to verify the file's integrity!

The result:

With my BP nodes you have a way to check actual data integrity of a downloaded file, not just whether the time and file size match, this gives you binary data integrity verification powers

~~~

1. Win64 Development
                            3. Win32 Development
                            4. Win32 Shipping
                            4. HTML5 Development

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

~~~

Rama

Comment

Rama, I'm sorry, but I still don't understand, how to enable snap mode in your plugin.
                              I have downloaded, and I correctly installed plugin and I have enabled it in Plugins in UE. But... How can I enable snapping mode in viewport window?

Comment

Originally posted by xdeviloper View Post
                                Rama, I'm sorry, but I still don't understand, how to enable snap mode in your plugin.
                                I have downloaded, and I correctly installed plugin and I have enabled it in Plugins in UE. But... How can I enable snapping mode in viewport window?
                                Ahh sorry, please see these docs:

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...ertex_Snapping

You have to add the lines to your config file, DefaultEngine.ini, so that the engine knows where to find the custom editor mode

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...ertex_Snapping

Rama

Comment

Working...
                                X