Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teak421 View Post
    Its already done... Working with it on my 4.12.2. Check above for link.

teak
    I'm sorry, but I really can't manage to find it. Could you please post the link?
    Are you sure we're both talking about VictoryEdEngine and not VictoryEngine?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Jacopo Papaccio; 06-14-2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Hi,
      I noticed crash on Android in 4534 line in VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp file (https://github.com/EverNewJoy/Victor...rary.cpp#L4534) when I try to load cooked texture larger than 500x500.

I get the error:
      Signal 11 caught!
      and nothing more... Any additional message and even not stack trace.

What's interesting, the same texture but downloaded by DownloadImage node works good.

So let's me introduce cases:
      1. 500x500 with DownloadImage works
      2. 960x960 with DownloadImage works
      3. 500x500 with cooked texture works
      4. 960x960 with cooked texture doesn't work

Anyone knows what's wrong?
      Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

Comment

Originally posted by Jacopo Papaccio View Post
        Hi Rama, any possible update on VictoryEdEngine 4.12? :P
        Latest version of Victory Ed Engine (Vertex snapping!) is here:

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:V...Latest_Version

Again please note I could not update the Victory ISM editor to 4.12 due to engine changes which have no simple workaround. I will have to examine this indepth when time permits

Have fun with vertex snapping!

Rama
        100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by gameDNA studio View Post
          Hi,
          I noticed crash on Android in 4534 line in VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp file (https://github.com/EverNewJoy/Victor...rary.cpp#L4534) when I try to load cooked texture larger than 500x500.

I get the error:

and nothing more... Any additional message and even not stack trace.

What's interesting, the same texture but downloaded by DownloadImage node works good.

So let's me introduce cases:
          1. 500x500 with DownloadImage works
          2. 960x960 with DownloadImage works
          3. 500x500 with cooked texture works
          4. 960x960 with cooked texture doesn't work

Anyone knows what's wrong?
          Strange that that only happens on Android, re: large textures, I will investigate at my nearest opportunity and let you know what I uncover, if anyone else has any contributions on the matter let us know!

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

UMG Suite of BP Nodes for You! Remove Widgets Of Class, Get First Widget of Class, and many more!

Click image for larger version

Name:	UMGSuite.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	1108450

Dear Community,

Our lovely UE4 Community member Kris contributed some new UMG nodes to Victory BP library, and I decided to take the opportunity to let you know about the full Suite of UMG BP nodes that are available to you in my Victory Plugin!

New From Kris:

Get First Widget Of Class

Get Widget From Name

Widget Get Children Of Class

Widget Get Parent Of Class

Widget Is Child Of

Existing UMG Nodes From Me, For You

Is Widget Of Class

Remove Widgets Of Class

Get All Widgets Of Class: //<~~~~ This one has been in the main UE4 Engine since 4.7 ! ♥ Rama

~~~

New Download for UE4 4.12 (55mb, Media Fire)
            https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
            2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
            3. Win32 Development
            4. Win32 Shipping
            4. HTML5 Development
            5. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
            http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
            Last edited by Rama; 06-16-2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Figure a quick explanation of these widgets is order, for those who aren't sure of their usage.

Get First Widget Of Class
              This is just for conveniences sake.
              If there is only ever one version of a particular widget at a time (such as a menu screen), this will get it as quickly as possible without having an existing reference to it.

Get Widget From Name
              Exposes existing C++ function that the user widget class already had.

We use it in GB to create different screens that do not share a base class or layout through the same macros/function, without the need to pass along a reference to a particular.
              Instead, the macro/function finds a Widget Switcher that uses the name "ScreenContainer" and continues.

Widget Get Children Of Class
              Finds all widgets of a certain class that are children to an existing widget.
              They do not have to be direct children or visible.
              If they are in the chain of widgets somewhere below the parent widget, the function will find them.

If you want to generate a bunch of similar entries in multiple lists, then assign them later, this makes it very easy.

Widget Get Parent Of Class
              Finds a widget of a certain class that is a parent to an existing widget.
              They do not have to be a direct parent or visible.
              It doesn't matter how far down the chain of widgets you are when you call this function - if the a widgets exists somewhere up the chain, it will find it.

This one has been particularly useful in GB, allowing us to get a reference to the parent manager without passing around references or cycling through widgets of a similar class.

Widget Is Child Of
              Exposes existing C++ function that the widget class already had.
              Superseded by GetChildOfClass, but still might come in handy.
              Last edited by Kris; 06-17-2016, 12:30 AM.
              Rule#21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Comment

Does it work on Android?

Btw, if instanced mesh editor doesn't work with 4.12, how do I manually turn bunch of static meshes into hierarchical instanced static meshes ?

Comment

[MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION]: Is it possible to build a scene element (rock formation, comprised of many copies of the same static mesh) and then add those meshes it's made of to HISM BP without using your plugin?

Comment

[MENTION=267]Kris[/MENTION]

Thanks for sharing the in-depth explanations!

~~~

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                    [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION]: Is it possible to build a scene element (rock formation, comprised of many copies of the same static mesh) and then add those meshes it's made of to HISM BP without using your plugin?
                    As I mentioned Epic has integrated the spirit of my very old pull request for an Instanced Static Mesh Editor feature in their Actor Merging experimental (now no longer experimental!) feature!

I'd love to know how you get along with using this new feature!

~~~

Originally posted by ♥ Our Lovely Friends at Epic ♥ (My formatting)
                    NEW: ACTOR MERGING

You can now easily merge mesh actors together right in the level viewport. This allows you to reduce draw calls to get better performance.

The Merge Actor functionality is no longer an experimental feature of the Engine, and can now be found under Window/Developer/Miscellaneous.

The UI panel has been extended and updated to support the latest changes made to the merging path for the Hierarchical LOD System.

Name:	ActorMerging.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1108545

Rama
                    Last edited by Rama; 06-17-2016, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION] Thanks for the plug in, Ive tried on 4.11 , its works fine, only the ISM is temporarily disabled. When will this feature be reapplied?
                      Thank you
                      Portfolio Webpage
                      http://fcsupreme.wix.com/gamedesign

LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/pub/adam-facey/77/a01/61/

Comment

Originally posted by AdamF View Post
                        Hey [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION] Thanks for the plug in, Ive tried on 4.11 , its works fine, only the ISM is temporarily disabled. When will this feature be reapplied?
                        Thank you
                        Hi please see this post just above your question

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post549975

Rama

Comment

lol thanks Rama i searched for the answer , typical the answer was right there the whole time
                          Portfolio Webpage
                          http://fcsupreme.wix.com/gamedesign

LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/pub/adam-facey/77/a01/61/

Comment

Victory Append Inline, Easily And Efficiently Construct Text Documents in Blueprints

Name:	AppendInline.jpg
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	1108606

Dear Community,

This node allows you to easily add together strings / FText to construct a dynamically generated document / tooltip / anything you want!

The primary advantage is that no new vars are created in the process, the existing variable data is modified instead, which is why I am calling it "inline".

This vastly speeds up the workflow of adding to a string many many times!

It is also ultra-efficient if you want to add like 1000 lines of text together, the same single string variable memory space is simply being added to over and over. Lightning speeds!

I also provide you with the option to add a newline / carriage return automatically, which defaults to disabled.

~~~

New Download for UE4 4.12 (55mb, Media Fire)
                            https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
                            2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
                            3. Win32 Development
                            4. Win32 Shipping
                            4. HTML5 Development
                            5. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
                            http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
                            Last edited by Rama; 06-19-2016, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Trouble packaging 4.12.3 in Development mode with compiled engine

Dear Mr. Rainbow Warrior,

Thank you so much for your contributions to the UE4 community.

I've been using your plugin for a few months now and all was well until I tried to package the plugin with my very slightly custom compiled version of 4.12.3. While everything compiles correctly in order to be used with the editor, and everything runs beautifully, I get about 300 of the following types of errors while trying to package my game:

[2016.06.20-16.10.41:527][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(42): error C2504: 'APlayerController': base class undefined
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:527][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C3646: 'Super': unknown override specifier
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:527][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:528][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C2065: 'P_FINISH': undeclared identifier
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:528][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C2065: 'P_NATIVE_BEGIN': undeclared identifier
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:528][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C2065: 'P_NATIVE_END': undeclared identifier
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:528][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C2275: 'FSubtitleCue': illegal use of this type as an expression
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:528][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: W:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\VictoryPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\BroadstoneCourt\Inc\VictoryBPLibrary\VictoryPC.generated.h(11): note: see declaration of 'FSubtitleCue'
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:528][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C2065: 'Z_Param_Out_VictorySubtitles': undeclared identifier
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:528][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C3861: 'P_GET_TARRAY_REF': identifier not found
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:529][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C2275: 'UFloatProperty': illegal use of this type as an expression
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:529][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\UObject/UObjectHierarchyFwd.h(21): note: see declaration of 'UFloatProperty'
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:529][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C2065: 'Z_Param_CueDuration': undeclared identifier
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:529][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C3861: 'P_GET_PROPERTY': identifier not found
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:529][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C2275: 'USoundBase': illegal use of this type as an expression
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:529][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: W:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\VictoryPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\BroadstoneCourt\Inc\VictoryBPLibrary\VictoryPC.generated.h(12): note: see declaration of 'USoundBase'
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:529][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C2065: 'Z_Param_Sound': undeclared identifier
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:530][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C3861: 'P_GET_OBJECT': identifier not found
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:530][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C2065: 'Z_Param_VolumeMultiplier': undeclared identifier
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:530][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C2065: 'Z_Param_PitchMultiplier': undeclared identifier
                              [2016.06.20-16.10.41:530][794]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: w:\unrealengine\engine\plugins\runtime\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryPC.h(43): error C2065: 'Z_Param_StartTime': undeclared identifier
                              The same errors show up when compiling the game for "Development, Win64" in Visual Studio, but do not show up when compiling the game for "Development Editor, Win64". I've copied your source directly from https://github.com/EverNewJoy/VictoryPlugin into my Engine/Plugins/Runtime folder and built the engine in both "Development Editor, Win64" and "Development, Win64", with no errors for either one. Project runs great when launched from within the editor.

To me it seems that when compiling in game only mode, it is referring to classes that haven't yet been defined to the compiler.

Is there a direction you may be able to point me in to do some further troubleshooting on my own?

Thanks so much,
                              Cameron

EDIT: I had a hunch so I added #include "Engine.h" to all of those files that had an error thrown at compile time, and it seemed to fix the issue. I'm assuming that means there's some module I'm not properly including in my packaged game, but I already have "Engine" called out in the <projectfile>.Build.cs file (tried in both Private- and PublicDependencyModuleNames), so I'm not sure where else to look.
                              Last edited by Cameron Abt; 06-20-2016, 09:50 PM.
                              Cameron Abt
                              Founding Partner
                              Atlas Bay VR

Atlas Bay VR Logo

Comment

Rama great plugin love it but I have a problem. When ever I go to cook or package project it always fails and teels me binaries are missing automation tool failed. How do I fix this? Im using newest update for 12 and installed in the engine\runtime, lets me use plugin no problem but its been 5 months since I have been able to package project since i started using the plugin please help!

Comment

Working...
                                X