Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
    Oh dang, very nice Rama. That's one thing, during my time making sure multiplayer works right for my game, that I found kinda annoying.

I ended up having to pass along the character reference to places where having the controller index for the client would have been perfect.

If, that is, these work how I'm thinking (but it seems like they would).
    Glad you like it! Hee hee!

Rama
    UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Featured Node

Trace for Closest Socket

Perform a trace against a mesh that will identify the closest socket to the trace hit location on the mesh!

Click image for larger version

Name:	picofclosestsocket.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	1050478

Click image for larger version

Name:	traceforcharactermeshsocket.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	1050479
      UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Not 4.3 Yet

I will let you know when I've updated my plugin to 4.3 !

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

Updated To 4.3

Both the Vertex snap mode and the Victory BP Library are updated to the full 4.3 release now!

~~~

Request

Can someone please verify that my 4.3 version is working with the installer-downloaded version of 4.3 engine?

Rama
          Last edited by Rama; 07-17-2014, 05:45 AM.

♥ Rama

Comment

Just wanted to quickly drop by and say a really big thanks. Really needed that Set Mouse Position function so I could use the default mouse, and therefore the default hitboxes, it simplified my UI blueprints a tonne!

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
              Updated To 4.3

Both the Vertex snap mode and the Victory BP Library are updated to the full 4.3 release now!

Rama
              Thank you!!! You're a hero.
              Twitter: @zerofiftyone_
              Button Frenzy store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/454630

Comment

Thanks you Rama.
                Could you add some basci encryption method on that blueprint :
                SaveStringTextToFile - Save human-readable text to a file of your choosing.
                This could avoid players to modify game game parameters discovering a file with plain easy ot understand text.

Comment

Originally posted by skipgamer View Post
                  Just wanted to quickly drop by and say a really big thanks. Really needed that Set Mouse Position function so I could use the default mouse, and therefore the default hitboxes, it simplified my UI blueprints a tonne!
                  You're welcome!

Originally posted by zerofiftyone View Post
                  Thank you!!! You're a hero.
                  Hee hee!

Originally posted by Galeon View Post
                  Thanks you Rama.
                  Could you add some basci encryption method on that blueprint :
                  SaveStringTextToFile - Save human-readable text to a file of your choosing.
                  This could avoid players to modify game game parameters discovering a file with plain easy ot understand text.
                  I will work on this when I get a chance!

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
                  Thanks again, Rama!
                  Great to hear from you Jacky!

It was a lot of work for me to get the vertex snap feature up to 4.3 due to API changes, I am glad you all appreciate it and the BP library plugin!

Rama
                  Last edited by Rama; 07-17-2014, 12:46 PM.

♥ Rama

Comment

44+ Extra BP Nodes For You!

No c++ required!

No compile required!

Download and plug in!

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

Hey Rama, could I bother you for a Plugin that removes the Iteration Limit(or makes it a trillion iteration)? Hoping by 4.4 it will be an project setting, but that is probably 2 months away. Appreciate any help you can provide!
                      Map Generator 1.0
                      Map Generator 2.0
                      Map Generator 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by Zeustiak View Post
                        Hey Rama, could I bother you for a Plugin that removes the Iteration Limit(or makes it a trillion iteration)? Hoping by 4.4 it will be an project setting, but that is probably 2 months away. Appreciate any help you can provide!
                        Can you explain more about what is happening where you are hitting the limit?

you can't break up the action into several ticks, doing sections of your whole endeavor over say 5 ticks ?

If you are hitting the limit for one tick , cant you just use several?

what exactly is the use case?

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                          Can you explain more about what is happening where you are hitting the limit?

you can't break up the action into several ticks, doing sections of your whole endeavor over say 5 ticks ?

If you are hitting the limit for one tick , cant you just use several?

what exactly is the use case?

Rama
                          I have tried splitting it up with delays, separate events, etc without success. I am not using Event Tick.

I am generating tile maps, such as those in Civilization 5. I am performing about 1500 iterations per tile, with 800 tiles on the second smallest map which is where I first hit the limit. I literally need the loop limit increased to a trillion or removed entirely.
                          Last edited by Zeustiak; 07-19-2014, 11:36 PM.
                          Map Generator 1.0
                          Map Generator 2.0
                          Map Generator 3.0

Comment

"I have tried splitting it up with delays, separate events, etc without success. I am not using Event Tick."

A delay wouldn't help, but a Timer would!

Have you tried using a timer function?

I am not trying to avoid checking out lifting the loop limit, I am just not convinced it is even possible.

What about a timer function?

That should do it!

You don't need Tick if you use a timer function

Show me your timer function setup if you've / once you've tried it

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

I will see if I can finish getting Timers to work tomorrow. Food poisoning is kicking my butt right now.
                              Map Generator 1.0
                              Map Generator 2.0
                              Map Generator 3.0

Comment

Working...
                              X