Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Rama, I'm hoping you can shed some light on an issue I'm having while attempting to use your plugin. I have a 4096x4096 texture imported from my image editor of choice, Krita, and have used your plugin to generate an array of pixels from the image. I then convert to hit location of a trace and find that within the array of pixels, determining the color of the pixel in the array at that coordinate. Now, this works for pixels that have binary RGB values, such as (0, 1, 1) / (0, 255, 255) or (1, 0, 1) / (255, 0, 255). However, whenever I attempt to read to pixel color of a pixel in the texture that is anywhere between 0 and 1, the result is highly inaccurate to both UE4's color picker, and my image editing software. sRGB is also turned off, and all other requirements for the node to work are in effect.

I have attempted to use (0, .5, 0), in my image editing software, this would be (0, 128, 0), and I then import the image. The pixel color result via your node comes out to something around (0, .29608, 0), and even when using UE4's color picker on the ingame texture, I still come out to around .5~. Needless to say this is due to the color profile in UE4 conflicting with the color profile of the image editing software I am using, but I don't exactly know UE4's color profile or how to convert my RGB from my software to the engine accurately. Relatedly, trying to use .bmp's with the node crashes UE4.

Comment

Hello Rama, It's amazing to work with this plugin. I'm trying to modify each pixel of a texture2D, getting the pixel with your tool, and saving that information overwriting the original image. In the editor, it works perfectly, but, If I compile the game, that stop working anymore.

¿The question is fow can I modify mi texture inruntime?

Thank you so much

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	1107832

Comment

Switched to UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard, Should Fix All Packaging Issues

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
        Thanks Rama for the speedy update.
        You're welcome!

Switched to UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard, Should Fix All Packaging Issues

Originally posted by huanghuihu View Post
        Hi,

I tried to build the 4.12 version plugin but this is what happens:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]95931[/ATTACH]

Originally posted by FenrirStudios View Post
        same Plus this

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: D:\Users\dark5\Documents\Unreal Projects\darkstorm\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(11): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'HeadMountedDisplay.h': No such file or directory
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\Users\dark5\Documents\Unreal Projects\darkstorm\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4-VictoryBPLibrary-Win64-Shipping.lib

Also tried what you wrote here. https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Plugin...With_Your_Game

Update : Compiling a 32 Bit version first in visual studio then Packing in the Editor worked just fine but doing the 64 bit version i never can compile it because of some kind of error in the LIB file maybe its courpted? >...> i really need that 64 bit one to work i'll keep experimenting with it

Never mind it just crashes when you run the exe. Is anyone else getting these issues with 4.12 and the updated plugin?
        Hi there!

I recently switched to Epic's UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin coding standard!

The issue is that in 4.12 the build process is looking for some Intermediate files, I was told in the beta that you never should need Intermediate files in a release build, but that changed in more recent engine builds. (intermediate folder can be huge so avoiding packaging it was a big benefit)

It looks like in UE4 Marketplace C++ standard a very small number of intermediate files are included.

So my most recent release should fix these issues and is the same format being put on the Marketplace right now

UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin standard in use as of this date:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post543847

Rama
        Last edited by Rama; 06-07-2016, 05:29 PM.
        100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

4.12 New Node ~ JoyIsKey ~ Streamlined Checking for Key values in UMG Overridden Functions

Dear Community,

I have a fun update for you today!

~~~

UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard Now In Use!

I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ standardized way of packaging plugins for distribution, for Victory plugin, which is for you!

~~~

JoyIsKey for Fast UMG Blueprint Coding

I do a lot of UMG coding (if you've not checked out my GetAllWidgetsOfClass node make sure to check it out!).

Well I wanted a streamlined way to check for Key equality off of the KeyEvent from overridden UMG functions.

So I created one!

And now you can enjoy it too!

My favorite part is that I supplied some key words in the C++ meta data, which means you can just type "==" off of the UMG input node and you will now get my single key equality check node!

Name:	JoyIsKey_UMG.jpg
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	1107859

~~~

My C++ Code For You

Code:
          /** Handy helper to check if a Key Event was for specified Key ♥ Rama*/
          UFUNCTION(BlueprintPure,Category="VictoryBPLibrary|UMG", meta = (Keywords = "== match same equal"))
          static void JoyIsKey(const FKeyEvent& KeyEvent, FKey Key, bool& Match)
          {    
          	Match = KeyEvent.GetKey() == Key;
          }
          ~~~

New Download for UE4 4.12 (55mb, Media Fire)
          https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
          2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
          3. Win32 Development
          4. Win32 Shipping
          4. HTML5 Development
          5. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
          http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
          Last edited by Rama; 06-07-2016, 05:34 PM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Rama
            I recently switched to Epic's UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin coding standard!

The issue is that in 4.12 the build process is looking for some Intermediate files, I was told in the beta that you never should need Intermediate files in a release build, but that changed in more recent engine builds. (intermediate folder can be huge so avoiding packaging it was a big benefit)

It looks like in UE4 Marketplace C++ standard a very small number of intermediate files are included.

So my most recent release should fix these issues and is the same format being put on the Marketplace right now
            Hey Rama! Been a while, it's great to see this plugin continuously expanding, great work as always!

Is there a public document or link for the plugin guidelines? I don't plan to put a plugin on the marketplace (not yet at least), but I would be interested in reading up on their coding standard for my free plugins.

If it's something they give you when you submit, then no worries I'll contact the marketplace team and ask for a copy.

Thanks Rama!
            Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

How to Package Plugins Using UE4 Marketplace C++ Coding Standard

Dear Community,

Here is the process you can use to package your plugin using Epic's Clang compiling process that will automatically generate all the binaries for you!

This is the process that UE4 Marketplace engineers use to prepare C++ plugins for world distribution!

Again, the output of this automation process is every packaged binary for every platform you have whitelisted (see below). It is an extremely handy tool!

Please note you should be sure to specify your whitelist to avoid having the automation tool trying to compile for platforms you dont/can't support, especially true if you dont have the Android runtime installed on your computer.

This is the same process I used in tandem with UE4 Marketplace engineers to get my Rama Melee Plugin on the Marketplace. The CLang compiler is more rigorous than Visual Studio and so if this process works for you, you are set!

~~~

.Uplugin White List

Here is my Victory Plugin .uplugin descriptor file:

Code:
              {
              	"FileVersion" : 3,
              	"Version" : 1,
              	"VersionName" : "1.0",
              	"FriendlyName" : "Victory Plugin",
              	"Description" : "120+ Custom Blueprint Nodes For You! <3 Rama",
              	"Category" : "Rama",
              	"CreatedBy" : "Rama",
              	"CreatedByURL" : "http://www.ue4code.com",
              	"DocsURL" : "http://www.ue4code.com",
              	"MarketplaceURL" : "http://www.ue4code.com",
              	"SupportURL" : "http://www.ue4code.com",
              	"EnabledByDefault" : true,
              	"CanContainContent" : false,
              	"IsBetaVersion" : false,
              	"Installed" : true,
              	"RequiresBuildPlatform" : false,
              	"Modules" :
              	[
              		{
              			"Name" : "VictoryBPLibrary",
              			"Type" : "Runtime",
              			"LoadingPhase" : "PreDefault",
              			"WhitelistPlatforms" :
              			[
              				"Win64",
              				"Win32",
              				"HTML5"
              			]
              		}
              	]
              }
              The above is how you avoid getting Android errors when you are not trying to support android.

You could also specify Mac, Linux, or IOS or PS4 or XboxOne if you support those

~~~

The Batch File

JoyCompilePlugin.bat
              Code:
              @echo ~~~ Dont run this in your project dir, IT DELETES EVERYTHING IN ITS PATH ~~~ 
              @echo ~~~ Also make sure you are using the correct Engine version for RunUAT for your project ~~~
              @echo ~~~ Enjoy! -Rama ~~~ 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.12\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\RunUAT.bat" BuildPlugin -Plugin="C:\Users\Rama\Documents\Unreal Projects\Sun\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\VictoryBPLibrary.uplugin" -Package="%CD%\PluginPackaged" -Rocket
              You can create a text file and rename it to .bat, if windows doesnt complain about extension change and it stays as text make sure you have enabled showing of file extensions in windows. (google "windows show file extensions")

~~~

Extremely Important Major Look At This First Please

Recommended Work Flow

First time I used this tool it nuked my entire project because I specified output directory to be same place where my .uproject was located!

I recommend you do the following

1. Put my batch file above in its own subdirectory of your project, or somewhere completely different
              2. Even then, specify a subdirectory of this new directory, just to avoid your .bat file getting nuked.
              3. Subdirectory can be specified as %CD%/subdir for ease of use.

!!! Warning !!!

I hope I have made it clear, do NOT run this .bat file in the same directory as your .uproject, your entire project will get nuked with no recycle bin hope of recovery! ( I know from experience )

So to be safe, simply dont ever run this .bat file anywhere near your actual project!

Safe Use Case

Put my .bat file above here:

Code:
              C:/NiceIsolatedUnusedDirectoryThatCanGetNuked
              and then specify output directory:

Code:
              C:/NiceIsolatedUnusedDirectoryThatCanGetNuked/output
              Now when you run the .bat file you will get to keep the bat file, and your project!

PS: I have to say all this loudly since this is a public document and can be read/translated in many languages.

~~~

What is %CD% ?

This will be translated as the current directory that you launched the .bat file from.

So if you store my batchfile here:

Code:
              C:/MyStagingDir/JoyCompilePlugin.bat
              then

Code:
              %CD%/output
              will turn into

Code:
              C:/MyStagingDir/output
              ~~~

How to see the output? The screen disappears?

Dont run the .bat file from within windows explorer, instead

1. right click on the folder where you put the .bat file
              2. hold down left shift
              3. right click with shift held down
              4. now you will see an additional option "Open Command Prompt here"
              5. now run the bat file, type Joy and then press tab and it will auto complete

Now if you get any errors, the errors will stay visible to you!

~~~

Victory!

Now you can compile your plugin using the UE4 Marketplace C++ coding standard too!

Enjoy!

Rama
              Last edited by Rama; 06-07-2016, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Perfect!

Thanks so much Rama, much appreciated!
                Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Increment Float and Int by Any amount, No Get/Set combo required!

Dear Community,

I've now released both a Increment Int and Increment Float BP node that streamlines your mathematical workflow!

These nodes change the value of the original input so you can not have to make a get/set combo of nodes.

Because these nodes change the value of the passed in parameter, an execution pin is required to control the order of events during gametime

Here is an example of the += operator in C++

Code:
                  float x = 5;
                  x += 5; //value is now 10
                  x += 14; //value is now 24
                  As you can see this += operator greatly expedites the process of adding to an existing value!

Name:	IncrementFloatInt.jpg
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	1108130

Name:	DecrementIncrementFloatInt.jpg
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	1108190

~~~

New Download for UE4 4.12 (55mb, Media Fire)
                  https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
                  2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
                  3. Win32 Development
                  4. Win32 Shipping
                  4. HTML5 Development
                  5. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
                  http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
                  Last edited by Rama; 06-13-2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Hi Rama,

I had great fun with this tool in v4.10.0, now I'm trying to take the project I built in that version over to v4.12.2. I heavily used the ISM tool from the Victory Editor plugin in v4.10.0, but it sounds like it no longer works in v4.12.2. Is this correct, and is there any way to move my project over?

I've not used Visual Studio before, and I'm currently trying to figure out what to do with it, but any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Hi Rama, any possible update on VictoryEdEngine 4.12? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Jacopo Papaccio View Post
                        Hi Rama, any possible update on VictoryEdEngine 4.12? :P
                        Its already done... Working with it on my 4.12.2. Check above for link.

teak
                        "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                        -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Originally posted by samuelthomson View Post
                          Hi Rama,

I had great fun with this tool in v4.10.0, now I'm trying to take the project I built in that version over to v4.12.2. I heavily used the ISM tool from the Victory Editor plugin in v4.10.0, but it sounds like it no longer works in v4.12.2. Is this correct, and is there any way to move my project over?

I've not used Visual Studio before, and I'm currently trying to figure out what to do with it, but any help would be appreciated.
                          Fundamental changes that Epic made to the InstancedStaticMesh component have made it harder for me to support the Victory ISM tool, it would require a lot of time for me to make it work with the editor now, though if I understand correctly Epic took the spirit of my Victory ISM tool (github pull request) and turned into an actor merging feature that is now in 4.12. I saw it in the release notes somewhere

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                            Fundamental changes that Epic made to the InstancedStaticMesh component have made it harder for me to support the Victory ISM tool, it would require a lot of time for me to make it work with the editor now, though if I understand correctly Epic took the spirit of my Victory ISM tool (github pull request) and turned into an actor merging feature that is now in 4.12. I saw it in the release notes somewhere

Rama
                            Ouch, I was just told to use your plugin to mess with instanced static meshes

Do you happen to have a tutorial about working with instanced and hierarchical instanced static meshes? I couldn't find any tutorials, especially for the latter

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                              Ouch, I was just told to use your plugin to mess with instanced static meshes

Do you happen to have a tutorial about working with instanced and hierarchical instanced static meshes? I couldn't find any tutorials, especially for the latter
                              If you are wanting to learn how to use instanced static meshes in C++ my code that is still the VictoryEdEngine plugin will definitely be useful for anything you do during runtime!

The thing that doesnt work right now is having the instanced data get serialized on the property itself, so when the constructor runs the instances are cleared.

If you are working with ISM's during runtime all of my code will be extremely useful

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                                If you are wanting to learn how to use instanced static meshes in C++ my code that is still the VictoryEdEngine plugin will definitely be useful for anything you do during runtime!
                                Unfortunately I don't know much of C++ and I'd simply want to know how to make hierarchical instanced static meshes to build modular maps offline.

Comment

Working...
                                X