Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Rama,

i find your plugin very handy thank you for that.

At the moment i'm a little bit stucked with ismActor. I use the "Ism Convert To Victory Ism Actor". It works fine and generate a Victory Ism Actor but i loose my material.
    I tried also to manualy create a "Victory ISM" and add a simple cube with one simple meterial it works but also no material. (only default checkerboardtecture visible)

Do you have any idear what i made wrong ? UE Version is 4.11.2.

Comment

Originally posted by Dealman View Post
      Hey Rama, this plugin's quite amazing! I'm using your node to get the available resolutions for the display adapter and while it works, I always get duplicates. For example 800x600 will show up 16 times in my dropdown menu :P I'm not including refresh rates. Do you reckon this happens because I have a more than 1 monitor?
      Hi there! I am glad you are enjoying my plugin!

I have code to ensure that duplication doesn't happen, as I experienced it myself, and I am using this exact code in my project and have not run into many duplicates, but I do include refresh rates.

Please try including refresh rates to see if you actually have many different refresh rates, and if that is the issue I can come up with a solution if you dont need to see them all.

Here's the relevant C++ code

Code:
      FString Str = "";
      Str += FString::FromInt(EachResolution.Width);
      Str += FString::FromInt(EachResolution.Height);

//Include Refresh Rates?
      if(IncludeRefreshRates)
      {
      	Str += FString::FromInt(EachResolution.RefreshRate);
      }		

if(Unique.Contains(Str))
      {
      	//Skip! This is duplicate!
      	continue;
      }
      else
      {
      	//Add to Unique List!
      	Unique.AddUnique(Str);
      }

Rama
      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
        Dear Community,

At the request of [MENTION=15064]SaviorNT[/MENTION] and for the benefit of all you lovely VR enthusiasts who have more than one VR headset that you are testing with, I present to you a BP node to let you know which type of headset is currently hooked up to the computer!

Please keep in mind that I've added my own addition, which is the None option, this can happen if you don't have any device hooked up and could help with debugging, especially in packaged games.

Rama
        You are amazing sir! TYTYTYTYTYTY!

As someone that develops for the PC platform and GearVR, there was way too much trickery I had to do to evaluate headset types (platform name, if PC, what temperature is the Rift.. if at 0 Celsius, then use the Vive. Bloated BP code ftl). This will make life much easier for everyone. Again, thank you VERY much!

Once I get paid, I'll throw some donation money your way most definitely!
        WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
        World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
        WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

I'm trying to set material onto object at run-time.

I'm creating material from texture & displacement map image file. These image files are loading from folder using Victory Plugin's "Load Texture 2D from File" Node.

Victory Plugin Link : https://github.com/EverNewJoy/VictoryPlugin

I'm creating the material instance dynamic of the "test material". Now I'm setting the texture and displacement parameter as shown in figure 4. After creating material instance dynamic, I'm setting this material to the object.

figure[1] test material: http://imgur.com/PHlU0TA figure[2] texture: http://imgur.com/6YmZ4ea figure[3] displacement map: http://imgur.com/iGDYsrS figure[4] Method: http://imgur.com/PQZ9C3a

Now here is the problem.

When I directly create material in material editor from texture and displacement map and set it onto object. It doesn't generate** moiré pattern.**

But when I run-time set the material onto object using figure [4]. It will generate moiré pattern.

Here are the sample screen shots of both.

figure[5]: Material Editor result: http://imgur.com/nKan9eK figure[6]: Runtime result: http://imgur.com/ao2XnDk

I think the "Load Texture 2D from File" Node is not calculating the Mip Map correctly.

Comment

Thanks for the amazing plugins, Rama!

Much appreciated!!!
            Currently lurking on:
            Twitter - @FurryTailDragon
            Facebook - @FurryTailDragon

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
              You are amazing sir! TYTYTYTYTYTY!

As someone that develops for the PC platform and GearVR, there was way too much trickery I had to do to evaluate headset types (platform name, if PC, what temperature is the Rift.. if at 0 Celsius, then use the Vive. Bloated BP code ftl). This will make life much easier for everyone. Again, thank you VERY much!

Once I get paid, I'll throw some donation money your way most definitely!
              Hee heee!

I am so glad I made you happy SaviorNT!

Originally posted by Andy_FTD View Post
              Thanks for the amazing plugins, Rama!

Much appreciated!!!
              You're welcome!

Originally posted by QBert View Post
              Wow Mac version now!
              Although I'm not a Mac user, but this is great for the Mac community!
              Champ Rama cheers once again for your efforts!
              Victory!

Rama
              Last edited by Rama; 05-13-2016, 02:42 AM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Victory To UE4! Far Shadows Feature for RTS & Open World Games

Dear Community,

I'll be honest, I almost cried when I discovered the new Far Shadows feature, which finally allows me to render shadows in UE4 at distances in the 100,000s oh my... its.... *sniff* SO GOOD!

If you dont know the back story of this matter I was requesting Epic to do something about shadows fading out too quickly since 4.3, I needed them for an RTS game I am part of, Abatron.

Well the answer has finally come, my dear Community, shadows in the 100s of 1000s of units!!!!

Celebration!

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                  Oh, that works great! Now it compiles fine Just changed 'Developer' to 'Runtime' in those two lines like you said.

Thanks Dannington!
                  Hey John, can you tell me in detail where you made this change. Which file I have to do changes ? There are many cpp nad header files in plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Fieol View Post
                    Hey John, can you tell me in detail where you made this change. Which file I have to do changes ? There are many cpp nad header files in plugin
                    The error we talked about was this:

1>[...]\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(10): fatal error C1083: File (Include) can't be opened: "Developer/ImageWrapper/Public/Interfaces/IImageWrapper.h": No such file or directory

So there you see in which line the include happens

But I would guess Rama has already fixed this bug now. Do you still get it?
                    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Hey, I'm fiddling a bit with your ragdoll nodes and I'm having some issues when trying to leave the ragdoll. At first the character would just disappear when I tried to reset it, but I realized I should get the location of the ragdoll before leaving it - so I get back up at its current position.

While it works to some extent, my character's mesh is stuck mid-air. I can actually move around, and the character is animated properly. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
                      Why do all programmers wear glasses? Because they can't C#

Comment

Hey Rama, is it possible to request editor plugin? I mean tool that improves editor functionality instead of blueprints?

If so, ->
                        I would like to request tool i saw in CryEngine.
                        CE editor has this super useful trick called 'Quick Rotate'. What it does is, no matter what type of transform gizmo is currently selected (move, rotate, scale), pressing button will rotate currently selected mesh along world's Z axis (or the one that points up) in predetermined degrees (usually 45) without switching to rotate gizmo. Seems like small thing but it is super useful when you try it few times.
                        Imagine you are placing framed paintings on the wall. You drag one from the CB, move it close to the wall and because luck would have it, painting is facing wrong way. Without selecting any other tool, just tap 'Quick Rotate' shortcut few times and picture is oriented as is should. Works perfectly if you are populating world with assets, no breaks in the flow, just move, quick rotate, select next one and so on. In the CE editor you can setup shortcuts for all axis but in my experience only Z axis is most used.

If not - >
                        I still love your work and i just want to say thanks!
                        H.

Comment

Originally posted by Harcarik View Post
                          Hey Rama, is it possible to request editor plugin? I mean tool that improves editor functionality instead of blueprints?

If so, ->
                          I would like to request tool i saw in CryEngine.
                          CE editor has this super useful trick called 'Quick Rotate'. What it does is, no matter what type of transform gizmo is currently selected (move, rotate, scale), pressing button will rotate currently selected mesh along world's Z axis (or the one that points up) in predetermined degrees (usually 45) without switching to rotate gizmo. Seems like small thing but it is super useful when you try it few times.
                          Imagine you are placing framed paintings on the wall. You drag one from the CB, move it close to the wall and because luck would have it, painting is facing wrong way. Without selecting any other tool, just tap 'Quick Rotate' shortcut few times and picture is oriented as is should. Works perfectly if you are populating world with assets, no breaks in the flow, just move, quick rotate, select next one and so on. In the CE editor you can setup shortcuts for all axis but in my experience only Z axis is most used.

If not - >
                          I still love your work and i just want to say thanks!
                          H.
                          Isn't this kind of already doable since you can just tap space to alternate between the different movement modes?
                          Why do all programmers wear glasses? Because they can't C#

Comment

Yes it is, but that just switches to rotation. Imagine one click would rotate the object without switching from the current mode you are in, it may not seem like it, but it is very useful thing to have. People who populate levels in CE with meshes, actors and so on use that feature all the time and for good reason.

Comment

I saw somebody binding a mouse Input to a Vive controler. I would really need this for interacting with Widgets.

II can't find the Simulate Key Press Thing with the Plugin.

Comment

Hi Rama, can we make suggestions for future addons to the library? I would love to see a node that returns all blueprint classes (as an array for example) that are children of a specified blueprint class (not only the spawned objects). I found this post on the AnswerHub but it says it's currently not possible in Blueprint: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...sses-that.html

Edit: Another suggestion (if this is possible) would be nodes for animation blueprints that returns the current state of a state machine.

Second Edit: I did a rather quick and dirty approach of this myself - https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...899#post533899
                                Last edited by florianbepunkt; 05-21-2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X