Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay it works great
    Another bugging question, will you be working on the shift+i similar to merge actors blueprint again?
    it is currently disabled with this version

Comment

How to Ensure Maps Get Packaged With Your Game

Originally posted by sivan View Post
      Hi Rama,
      I have read on GitHub that your level instance loading solution might cause problems in cooked/packaged projects (maybe I misunderstood that comment), but you wrote it was tested.
      So is there an actual conflict? And if yes, is there a chance to have a workaround for it in future?
      I started to built on it an important part of my game system (a pseudo random world due to the lack of runtime landscape creation/deformation possibilities), so this feature would be essential for me...
      thanks.
      Hi there!

I responded on Git hub, with 2 solutions that are already built into UE4, as well as the fact that I rely on my Load Level instance BP node for my own game and it has worked great in packaged win32 and win64, development and shipping.

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/2320

For those without github access, if you ever find maps are not packaging with the game, you can use 1 of these 2 solutions, that are already built-in with the Engine!

Again I myself have not needed to use these 2 solutions, all my maps are stored in a Maps folder and they all package great even though not directly referenced as a sublevel, which is what gives my BP node its great usefulness (not having to store the sub-levels in the level list)

I have a wiki on adding non-uasset or uasset/umap files to your cooked build here:
      https://wiki.unrealengine.com/How_To...With_Your_Game

Rama

Manually specify maps to include in packaged game
      Click image for larger version

Name:	AdditonalMaps.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	1105940

Can add an entire folder of UE4 assets if you want to!

Use "Additional Assets to Cook" for .umaps!

Name:	AdditionalPackgeDir.jpg
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1105941
      Last edited by Rama; 05-04-2016, 09:03 PM.
      UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo.lpc View Post
        NICE JOB RAMA! Thanks a lot to share it!!

I just would like to know if there is any BP to execute an external file, it would save my life.

i really don't know how to use this "FPlatformProcess::CreateProc(TEXT("C:\\Users\\Cero\\Desktop\\Test.exe"), nullptr, true, false, false, nullptr, 0, nullptr, nullptr);"
        ooooh, that's a great one!

Will work on it soon as I can

Rama
        UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

New BP Node ~ Is Alpha Numeric

Dear Community,

This BP node lets you find out if a string contains only letters and numbers!

This is very useful when allowing users to pick login names and passwords!

Name:	IsAlphaNumeric.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	1105946

~~~

C++ Code For You

My solution relies entirely on a core C++ function called isalnum.

So I am not making up my own solution, I am enabling you to call this core C++ function via a BP node, doing the necessary conversion to go from UE4 FString to c++ std::string / UTF8 char string

Code:
          #include <string>
          bool UVictoryBPLibrary::IsAlphaNumeric(const FString& String)
          {
          	std::string str = (TCHAR_TO_UTF8(*String));

for ( std::string::iterator it=str.begin(); it!=str.end(); ++it)
          	{
          		if(!isalnum(*it))
          		{   
          			return false;
          		}
          	}

return true;
          }
          New Download (50.21mb, Media Fire)
          https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

Please note my downloads also include these packaged binaries:

1. Win64 Development
          2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
          3. Win32 Development
          4. Win32 Shipping
          4. HTML5 Development

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

Donations can be sent to me via:
          http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
          Last edited by Rama; 05-04-2016, 09:34 PM.

♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
            Hi there!

I responded on Git hub, with 2 solutions that are already built into UE4, as well as the fact that I rely on my Load Level instance BP node for my own game and it has worked great in packaged win32 and win64, development and shipping.

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/2320

For those without github access, if you ever find maps are not packaging with the game, you can use 1 of these 2 solutions, that are already built-in with the Engine!

Again I myself have not needed to use these 2 solutions, all my maps are stored in a Maps folder and they all package great even though not directly referenced as a sublevel, which is what gives my BP node its great usefulness (not having to store the sub-levels in the level list)

I have a wiki on adding non-uasset or uasset/umap files to your cooked build here:
            https://wiki.unrealengine.com/How_To...With_Your_Game

Rama
            Great news, thanks Rama for the prompt answer!

And that wiki page is also super useful for me! But I have a question:

I need a custom level save/load system (not ready), and later want to add some modding features via text files (an advice: never start to develop RTS games ), and you mention these additional non-uasset directories should be placed out of game project content folder, so is the best practice to make an own directory e.g. "MyOwnData" and use FPaths::ConvertRelativePathToFull(FPaths::GameDir() + "/MyOwnData/"); to access my files runtime in packaged game?
            and is there an easy way to have the same work with the development version ? I think in development I should not use ConvertRelativePathToFull(), and there should exist a precompiler directive...

P.S.
            with the dark skin your purple letters and really invisible
            Edge of Chaos RTS
            "Age of Total Heroes" - RTS Pathfinding and Movement System for UE4
            RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

Comment

Thanks Rama ! I'm donating some good vibes because I am a poor programmer right now. Have had a lot of usage of the plugin over the past year or so. First paycheck and I can donate some actual dollar. GL HF !
              http://unrealdeveloper.uk

Comment

Victory Plugin For Mac!

Dear Community,

Today is a happy day!

I now offer a version of my Victory Plugin for Mac, including packaged binaries!

~~~

1. Win64 Development
                3. Win32 Development
                4. Win32 Shipping
                4. HTML5 Development

~~~

Mac Editor and Packaged Game Binaries
                <~~~~~~ NEW!

1. Mac Editor Build
                2. Mac Shipping (any architecture)
                3. Mac Development (any architecture)
                4. Source code!

Victory Plugin For Mac (~14.22mb)
                http://www.mediafire.com/download/4m...yPluginMac.zip

~~~

Rama
                Last edited by Rama; 05-08-2016, 12:43 AM.

♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by sivan View Post
                  with the dark skin your purple letters and really invisible
                  oooooh, I use Hacker Vision for Chrome, so I did not notice that

Hey see the just higher post! tell all your mac friends!

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

Wow Mac version now!
                    Although I'm not a Mac user, but this is great for the Mac community!
                    Champ Rama cheers once again for your efforts!

Comment

[MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION] Hey Rama, by any chance can you (or anyone else!) expose EHMDDeviceType::Type (https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ype/index.html) to blueprints? This would help immensely to a whole lot of VR developers!
                      WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                      World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                      WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
                        [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION] Hey Rama, by any chance can you (or anyone else!) expose EHMDDeviceType::Type (https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ype/index.html) to blueprints? This would help immensely to a whole lot of VR developers!
                        What functions do you need it for that are already exposed to BP, or what exactly do you nee to do with it?

I can help but I need more info

I can't expose stuff in the engine, but I can make my own version that ties into the requiste BP functions, or write my own BP functions to call what you need, just need a function list

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

[MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION] Basically a function that detects what HMD the user is currently using. This would be beneficial for people developing for both the Rift and the Vive (along side the GearVR). There is currently a function in UE4 that does this, however, it is solely based in C++, and not exposed to blueprints for some reason.
                          WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                          World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                          WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
                            [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION] Basically a function that detects what HMD the user is currently using. This would be beneficial for people developing for both the Rift and the Vive (along side the GearVR). There is currently a function in UE4 that does this, however, it is solely based in C++, and not exposed to blueprints for some reason.
                            Almost there, I am just compiling all the binaries now

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

New BP Node ~ Get Current Head Mounted Display Device, When You Have Multiple!

Dear Community,

At the request of [MENTION=15064]SaviorNT[/MENTION] and for the benefit of all you lovely VR enthusiasts who have more than one VR headset that you are testing with, I present to you a BP node to let you know which type of headset is currently hooked up to the computer!

Please keep in mind that I've added my own addition, which is the None option, this can happen if you don't have any device hooked up and could help with debugging, especially in packaged games.

Name:	GetHMD.jpg
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	1106149

1. Win64 Development
                              3. Win32 Development
                              4. Win32 Shipping
                              4. HTML5 Development

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

Hey Rama, this plugin's quite amazing! I'm using your node to get the available resolutions for the display adapter and while it works, I always get duplicates. For example 800x600 will show up 16 times in my dropdown menu :P I'm not including refresh rates. Do you reckon this happens because I have a more than 1 monitor?

Comment

Working...
                                X