Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Rama, again thank you for your amazing work.
    I'm trying to get the plugin to work on the PS4, however I receive the following warnings and error:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Warning field 'Key' will be initialized after field 'KeyAsString' [-Wreorder] PS4_Test C:\Users\Users\adria\Documents\Unreal Projects\PS4_Test\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Public\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h 138

Warning field 'KeyAsString' will be initialized after field 'AxisName' [-Wreorder] PS4_Test C:\Users\Users\adria\Documents\Unreal Projects\PS4_Test\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Public\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h 139

Warning field 'Key' will be initialized after field 'KeyAsString' [-Wreorder] PS4_Test C:\Users\Users\adria\Documents\Unreal Projects\PS4_Test\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Public\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h 145

Error use of undeclared identifier 'fillSoundWaveInfo' PS4_Test C:\Users\adria\Documents\Unreal Projects\PS4_Test\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp 4461

Error Failed to produce item: C:\Users\adria\Documents\Unreal Projects\PS4_Test\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Binaries\PS4\PS4_Test-VictoryBPLibrary.a PS4_Test C:\Users\adria\Documents\Unreal Projects\PS4_Test\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1
    Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    -Adrian
    PLANET ALPHA

Comment

Hi Rama, thanks for guiding me on where to find the Download Links for 4.10..
      But now, I've been following The YouTube Videos on the First Page to Install it but unfortunately I don't use Visual Studio or the like..
      All I've done is to extract the file and put it in Engine\Plugins\Runtime but it doesn't shown up at all..

Comment

I'm trying to use the Victory_GetPixelFromT2D but I get some crashes, It seems to me that you lock the file but if the X or Y is bigger ("//Safety check!") then you return but don't unlock it, so if it's run again it crashes.
        I think its safe to just move the check up before the locking.

Comment

Originally posted by SalihBalkan View Post
          Hi Rama,
          It says there are incompatible modules in VictoryEdEngine. If I ignore it, it gives this error:
          Hi there! I have not yet upgraded VictoryEdEngine to 4.11, due to issues with Instanced Static Mesh Component in 4.11, please use only Victory BP Library by itself.

That is this download, and only this:
          https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2
          100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianLazar View Post
            Dear Rama, again thank you for your amazing work.
            I'm trying to get the plugin to work on the PS4, however I receive the following warnings and error:

Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
            Thank you,
            -Adrian
            Hi there!

Code:
            Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
            Error	use of undeclared identifier 'fillSoundWaveInfo'	PS4_Test	C:\Users\adria\Documents\Unreal Projects\PS4_Test\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp	4461
            I have now fixed this error, if you want you can replace the old function with this one:

Code:
            class USoundWave* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::GetSoundWaveFromFile(const FString& FilePath)
            {
            	#if PLATFORM_PS4
            	UE_LOG(LogTemp, Error, TEXT("UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::GetSoundWaveFromFile ~ vorbis-method not supported on PS4. See UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::fillSoundWaveInfo"));
            	return nullptr;
            	#else
            	USoundWave* sw = NewObject<USoundWave>(USoundWave::StaticClass());

if (!sw)
            		return NULL;

//* If true the song was successfully loaded
            	bool loaded = false;

//* loaded song file (binary, encoded)
            	TArray < uint8 > rawFile;

loaded = FFileHelper::LoadFileToArray(rawFile, FilePath.GetCharArray().GetData());

if (loaded)
            	{
            		FByteBulkData* bulkData = &sw->CompressedFormatData.GetFormat(TEXT("OGG"));

bulkData->Lock(LOCK_READ_WRITE);
            		FMemory::Memcpy(bulkData->Realloc(rawFile.Num()), rawFile.GetData(), rawFile.Num());
            		bulkData->Unlock();

loaded = fillSoundWaveInfo(sw, &rawFile) == 0 ? true : false;
            	}

if (!loaded)
            		return NULL;

return sw;
            	#endif 
            }
            The warnings should not stop your build

Fix will be in my next release AFTER the one below with DuplicateExistingObject

I assume you can put in the new code? Good luck!

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Set Component Tick Rate! ♥ Rama

Dear Community,

Click image for larger version

Name:	SetComponentTickRate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	1104704

Set Component Tick Rate

This node allows you to change the tick rate of a component during runtime!

I used this to control the performance cost of a Scene Capture 2D camera that was set to tick every frame!

It works beautifully!

Please note if you set it to a very high number like 60 seconds, and then change it to a shorter time, it will complete the 60 seconds before switching to the shorter time.

I submitted a pull request to Epic to expose this for everyone.

~~~

New Download (29mb, Media Fire)
              https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

Please note my downloads also include these packaged binaries:

1. Win64 Development
              2. Win32 Shipping
              3. HTML5 Development

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

Donations can be sent to me via:
              http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
              Last edited by Rama; 04-17-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

This component tick rate is very interesting, sounds like you must have gone deep under the hood for that one? I'm working on a game that sends images to an in-game screen from a remote camera device - it'd be good to glitch it by adjusting the tick dynamically (not to mention reign in the performance overheads).

Good stuff as usual!

While we're talking about cameras and captures - I never did work out how to create a node which captures a 'live' source (Texture2D) as a still one. If you're at a loose end - i know you have abundant time on your hands - maybe it'd be a handy addition to the victory plugin.

Cheers buddy!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dannington View Post
                  This component tick rate is very interesting, sounds like you must have gone deep under the hood for that one? I'm working on a game that sends images to an in-game screen from a remote camera device - it'd be good to glitch it by adjusting the tick dynamically (not to mention reign in the performance overheads).

Good stuff as usual!

While we're talking about cameras and captures - I never did work out how to create a node which captures a 'live' source (Texture2D) as a still one. If you're at a loose end - i know you have abundant time on your hands - maybe it'd be a handy addition to the victory plugin.

Cheers buddy!

Dan
                  Lovely to hear from you Dannington!

I'm not sure what you mean by a live source 2D, you mean something other than TextureRenderTarget?

How is it live? who is updating it?

Rama

Comment

My Color Picker is updated to 4.11!

Dear Community,

If you did not know, I made a UMG widget for Epic's Slate color picker, which was facilitated by Nick Darnell's choice to put the color picker slate widget in a folder called APPFRAMEWORK.

It is very powerful, it is pretty much exactly what you use in the Editor! Including saving colors!

Well I've updated it to 4.11!

Forum Link
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post514711

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                      Lovely to hear from you Dannington!

I'm not sure what you mean by a live source 2D, you mean something other than TextureRenderTarget?

How is it live? who is updating it?

Rama
                      In my case i'm using BLUI which is a HTML renderer plugin - I want to be able to grab the Texture2D buffer at a given point, not a pointer to the buffer which can update (Does a SceneCapture2D constantly update or do you have to tell it to?). This is so I can make an array of dynamic textures at runtime. Or it could be a webcam or something where I want to capture a still from it rather than a pointer to the 'live' buffer.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dannington View Post
                        In my case i'm using BLUI which is a HTML renderer plugin - I want to be able to grab the Texture2D buffer at a given point, not a pointer to the buffer which can update (Does a SceneCapture2D constantly update or do you have to tell it to?). This is so I can make an array of dynamic textures at runtime. Or it could be a webcam or something where I want to capture a still from it rather than a pointer to the 'live' buffer.

Dan
                        I believe the reason this is complex is because this involve getting the contents of the Texture2D back from their encoded format to raw pixel data, which is a complex thing it seems, it would be best to capture the data when it is first coming into the T2D rather than trying to reconstruct raw data after the fact. Capturing the data when it is first coming into the T2D involves writing a custom version of the function you are currently using to get the image.

I am wishing you luck with this!

Rama

Comment

I'm getting the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-04-19 00_15_35-Message.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	1104845

I've downloaded the latest Mediafire version published 2 days ago.

Comment

Hi, can anyone really guide me on how to install this?
                            I've tried extracting it to Project Folder\Plugins and not working..
                            I've tried extracting it to 4.10\Engine\Plugins\Runtime and not working..
                            Any help? Thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by majieric View Post
                              I've downloaded the latest Mediafire version published 2 days ago.
                              Originally posted by TenzoNakami View Post
                              Hi, can anyone really guide me on how to install this?
                              I've tried extracting it to Project Folder\Plugins and not working..
                              I've tried extracting it to 4.10\Engine\Plugins\Runtime and not working..
                              Hi there! What engine version are you using?

The latest version of Victory Plugin is on 4.11.1

It may or may not be compatible with 4.11.0, are you using 4.11.0 ?

I just tested, in a BP only project, I did the following:

1. create new BP only project
                              2. create plugins folder
                              3. download and stick VictoryPlugin inside of this folder from media fire link
                              4. click on the uproject to open the editor
                              5. go to level BP and tested that all the victory nodes are there (just do a search for Victory! )

I am unable to repro your issue on 4.11.1 but I'd love to figure out why you are having the experience that you are.

Rama
                              Last edited by Rama; 04-20-2016, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Hey Rama,

Thanks for getting back to me. So, we are on 4.11.1 but it's a custom build that integrates a library that we've been using. And i didn't realize that it was a project specific plugin folder. I was adding it to the game engine run-time plugin folder. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X