Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha ok, nevermind, the name slightly changed from 4.10 to 4.11 version, once I updated it in my uproject file it was happy :P

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
      Hi there!

I use my own sound nodes in a packaged game, win32 shipping, and also a mac build, and I've not had an issue.

I am in no way proclaiming there could not be an issue here, I am just reporting my own successes as a reference

I am using one of the engine default sound classes, Music.

Are you using a custom class?

Can you try using an engine default sound class and let me know how that goes?

Thank you very much, that's fixed it nicely

Comment

An update on this:

As of 4.11 the system for InstancedStaticMeshComponent is compeletely incompatible with my current implementation, as soon as the ISM actor is created, it looks fine, but if you move it once, all the instances disappear.
        Ugh, sorry to hear that. As a VR developer, I've become a huge fan of your instancing solution; Epic's is just too clunky when dealing with large numbers of meshes.

as soon as the ISM actor is created, it looks fine, but if you move it once, all the instances disappear.
        In my case I'm simply trying to upgrade from 4.10 (where ISM works perfectly) to 4.11, so I can take advantage of instanced stereo and Oculus SDK 1.3. I actually don't need to move any of the meshes I've already placed in my level. I wonder if the EdEngine was just recompiled for 4.11 it would work, as long as nothing is moved. Of course, that doesn't solve the problem going forward.

The only way I could make it work now is to generate a new Blueprint for each ISM that you make, and store it in your project Content folder somewhere.
        If that's the only solution, I don't see too much of a problem with it. It seems like it would just require more diligent content folder organization.

Comment

If you are using a github version of UE4 than you must know how to compile the engine yourself? Well then just recompile my plugin yourself and you should be set!

Going from 4.9.2 to 4.9.1 you should be fine.

Rama
          Works now! Thanks Rama!

Comment

Hey Rama when I compile for android I get this message

Missing UE4Game binary.
            You may have to build the UE4 project with your IDE. Alternatively, build using UnrealBuildTool with the commandline:
            UE4Game <Platform> <Configuration>

Is the victory plugins not supported for android yet? I really hope it would be since theirs a BP node I absolutely need in your plugin . is their a way I can make it work? Also does doesn't seem to work for IOS either. Is their a method you made to make it work for mobiles or android. Anyone know a solution? Thanks!

Also i'm using 4.10 with the jan 15, 2016 update since Feb 15 seems not to work for 4.11 and Feb 6 seems not to work for 4.10 either when I tried.

Comment

When you try to switch engine versions, the plugin wont compile because there are changes from 4.10 to 4.11, which is bit of a loopy situation when you are trying to switch so that you can compile.

Exactly what message are you getting while trying to switch engine versions? Is it just saying that VictoryPlugin could not be compiled?

Solution1: Have you tried putting the 4.11 plugin code in the plugin folder before trying to switch engine versions?

Solution2: If that doesnt work you can disable the plugin by temporarily renaming your Plugins folder to Plugins_, then after your project .sln is generated you can switch the plugin code to 4.11 and recompile your project, switching Plugins_ back to just Plugins

I've upgraded multiple projects to 4.11 that use VictoryPlugin so I am sure you will find a way!

Rama

Thanks for the reply! I tried solution 1 which I thought I had tried before but this time I looked into that error and it turns out it was a known issue when upgrading to 4.11 with the lightmass propagation plugin disabled, which I had recently disabled to make my game smaller. (UE-29010) I re-enabled the plugin and it worked perfectly! I wasn't doing it right before since the other errors were likely caused by trying to upgrade with the old plugin files still in my project folder, and I also had the plugin listed twice after since I thought it had to be installed in the editor engine plugins directory as well. Now that it's all sorted I was able to successfully build my standalone dedicated server with 4.11 source! I donated what I could for now because your plugin is awesome and you help a lot of people on here. Keep up the good work and thanks again!

Comment

Hi Rama,

Thanks for the awesome plugin. I have a need to change axis configurations (deadzone, sensitivity, and exponent) at run-time in a full BP project. Do you have an idea how to do it? Thanks in advance!

Max

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26386[/ATTACH]

Three New Nodes From Kris!

Save Image To Disk From Capture Component 2D

Save Image To Disk From Capture Actor

Load Image By Extension

~~~

Note on Using the Save Image Nodes

For the Save Capture Component 2D Image to Disk node, make sure to specify the image format you want by including the appropriate extension, such such as .bmp, .jpg, .png

If you are having trouble getting the image to save, try a different extension

~~~

Save Thumbnails / Snapshots from Capture Components!

Quoting Kris:

"You can see the result in the following picture.
                  Each of the thumnails are generated via a custom scene capture component, saved and loaded as required:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26387[/ATTACH]
                  (Picture is from Kris's project called Ground Branch, http://www.groundbranch.com/ )

I'm passing them into a material to remove the background (green screening) and then using set brush material.

Should save people some time."

~~~

Thanks for the new nodes Kris!

Being able to save screenshots from a CaptureComponent2D in Blueprints is so very useful!

UE4 Wiki, Plugin Download Page
                  https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Rama
                  Hello Rama,

It's amazing to see your work, very interesting.

As you show in Kris' picture, I'm trying to create icons of my objects directly inside Unreal, and your plugin seems to fit exactly with my needs, but I'm not sure of how it works, and I can't achieve anything with it.

Could you show a little how to use it, just to clarify?

Thank you so much

Comment

Hi everyone!

I'm having trouble getting this plug-in to work in my custom 4.9 engine (Wwise integration).

Could anyone please provide step-by-step instructions on how to properly integrate the Victory plug-in into a custom engine? It'd be super helpful!

Thanks,
                    Dan

Comment

Yay 4.11 thanks Rama
                      I'm keen for the 4.11 of the Instanced Static Mesh Editor, I can't wait
                      Question on it, I've never actually used the static mesh editor but seen your youtube video on it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC1sjgalEJg)
                      is it only possible to join a mesh that is the same? (same UVs, same collisions, etc) or can you join meshes that are different and still retain their UVs, collisions, etc ?
                      Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Death_With_An_H View Post
                        Thanks for the reply! I tried solution 1 which I thought I had tried before but this time I looked into that error and it turns out it was a known issue when upgrading to 4.11 with the lightmass propagation plugin disabled, which I had recently disabled to make my game smaller. (UE-29010) I re-enabled the plugin and it worked perfectly! .. I donated what I could for now because your plugin is awesome and you help a lot of people on here. Keep up the good work and thanks again!
                        You're welcome! And thanks for the donation!

Glad you got it working!

Rama
                        100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by jeffym85 View Post
                          Ugh, sorry to hear that. As a VR developer, I've become a huge fan of your instancing solution; Epic's is just too clunky when dealing with large numbers of meshes.
                          I will have to spend some time finding the proper solution for the ways in which InstancedStaticMeshComponent no longer works at all as of 4.11 if you want to serialize any aspect of it to disk using the original code, the only way it saves currently is as a blueprint, all ability to save instances within the level has been removed as of 4.11.

I am investigating!

It is a big time investment, I'm getting there

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Attention Android and HTML users, WITH_APEX 0 compile error is fixed!

Originally posted by imbakeks View Post
                            Hi Rama,

first off, thanks for providing such a great plugin for free!

My issue: I am trying to do an Android build but that keeps failing with your plugin activated with the following error:

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: [3/12] clang++.exe Module.VictoryBPLibrary.cpp [armv7-es2]
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: In file included from <built-in>:345:
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: <command line>(76,9) : error: 'WITH_APEX' macro redefined [-Werror,-Wmacro-redefined]
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: #define WITH_APEX 1
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: ^
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: <command line>(73,9) : note: previous definition is here
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: #define WITH_APEX 0
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: In file included from <built-in>:345:
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: <command line>(76,9) : error: 'WITH_APEX' macro redefined [-Werror,-Wmacro-redefined]
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: #define WITH_APEX 1
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: <command line>(73,9) : note: previous definition is here
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: #define WITH_APEX 0
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\MyProject\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Binaries\Android\UE4-VictoryBPLibrary-armv7-es2.a

Note: With your plugin disabled the build works.

~ imbakeks

I have now fixed this error!

the issue with #define WITH_APEX 0 is resolved!

This means you wont get the warning in HTML5 and you wont get the error in Android any more!

Support for IOS will be in the next release.

I had to do the following:

I had to separate out the APEX module in build cs

Code:
                            PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(
                            	new string[]
                            	{
                            		//... the usual

"PhysX"

}
                            	);

//APEX EXCLUSIONS
                            if (Target.Platform != UnrealTargetPlatform.Android && Target.Platform != UnrealTargetPlatform.HTML5 && Target.Platform != UnrealTargetPlatform.IOS)
                            {
                            	PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(
                            	new string[]
                            	{
                            		"APEX"
                            	}
                            	);
                            }
                            I also made sure to undefine WITH_APEX prior to the PhysX includes:

VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp
                            Code:
                            //Apex issues
                            #if PLATFORM_ANDROID || PLATFORM_HTML5_BROWSER || PLATFORM_IOS
                            #ifdef WITH_APEX
                            #undef WITH_APEX
                            #endif
                            #define WITH_APEX 0
                            #endif //APEX EXCLUSIONS

//~~~ PhysX ~~~
                            #include "PhysXIncludes.h"
                            #include "PhysXPublic.h"		//For the ptou conversions
                            New Download (29mb, Media Fire)
                            https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

Please note my downloads also include these packaged binaries:

1. Win64 Development
                            2. Win32 Shipping
                            3. HTML5 Development

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

Donations can be sent to me via:
                            http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
                            Last edited by Rama; 04-14-2016, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the android fix. Can't wait to include your plugin again.

Comment

Hi Rama,
                                With a clean install of Visual Studio 2015 and Unreal Engine 4.11.1, Victory Plugin doesn't work. It says there are incompatible modules in VictoryEdEngine. If I ignore it, it gives this error:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1104491

edit: Now I don't get the error above, but now it gives this compiling error upon startup of the project:
                                http://pastebin.com/DVtdWr5e
                                Key lines are:

LogModuleManager:Warning: Found module file ../../../Engine/Plugins/VictoryEdEngine/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-VictoryEdEngine.dll (API version 2758231), but it was incompatible with the current engine API version (2927265). This is likely a stale module that must be recompiled.
                                LogModuleManager:Warning: Found module file ../../../Engine/Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-VictoryBPLibrary.dll (API version 2843242), but it was incompatible with the current engine API version (2927265). This is likely a stale module that must be recompiled.
                                LogInit:Warning: Still incompatible or missing module: UE4Editor-VictoryEdEngine.dll
                                LogInit:Warning: Still incompatible or missing module: UE4Editor-VictoryBPLibrary.dll
                                I can successfully rebuild the project in Visual Studio 2015, but it still gives this error when I open up the project.
                                Last edited by SalihBalkan; 04-14-2016, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X