Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cleec View Post
    Hi, am new to ue4, d plugin doesn't seem to work in 4.10.2. How do I create the effect using download image node. specifically, if I want to change the texture in a widget.

Thanks
    Hi there, welcome to the UE4 forums!

You have to download the right version of my plugin for your current engine version

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...Future_Updates

Last 4.10 plugin version was February 6th upload

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Originally posted by SG1Wolf View Post
    Hi Rama. I am getting an error when trying to package with android. It says that some dependency keeps generating an error with a define getting redefined. Something about #define with apex 1 when it was previously defined as #define with apex 0.
    This won't stop you from packaging, it is warning, I've packaged for HTML5 many times and gotten the same warning, it is related to the PhysX includes in the plugin.

Originally posted by Taerarenai View Post
    Any idea why the meshes disappear after you build the light ?
    Both of my main computers died a few days ago so I can't test anything right now, I use force no precomputed lighting (world settings) for most projects and hit build once and dont worry about lighting after that, using all dynamic lighting. Dynamic lighting in UE4 is so awesome.

If you can get by with that for now you can side step the matter, when 4.11 is released and I have new computer I can do more thorough investigation.

Rama
    Last edited by Rama; 03-28-2016, 05:35 PM.
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

BP node for Multi-Platform Projects

Dear Community,

For all you folks making projects that ship to multiple platforms, make sure to check out this node!

This will let you perform custom BP actions based on whether your game is currently packaged for a mobile, console, PC, mac, or other platform!

~~~

Macro ~ OS Branch

You can wrap my node with a macro that has many execution pins to make this node an OS branch!

Click image for larger version

Name:	OSGet.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	1103430

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post

This won't stop you from packaging, it is warning, I've packaged for HTML5 many times and gotten the same warning, it is related to the PhysX includes in the plugin.

Rama
        The issue seems to be that the warning is getting flagged as an error. Is there something that might be flagging warnings as errors in the unreal build process?

Comment

You have to download the right version of my plugin for your current engine version

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...Future_Updates

Last 4.10 plugin version was February 6th upload

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip
          Hi Rama,

So I use 4.9.1. Which version of your plugin am I supposed to download? The oldest listed version in that second link is 4.9.2.

I've tried September 21st, September 27th, October 6th, and October 14th, and they're all incompatible.

Thanks!

P.S. It might be worth noting that I'm using the GitHub version of UE4.
          Last edited by Marth8880; 03-30-2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Both of my main computers died a few days ago so I can't test anything right now, I use force no precomputed lighting (world settings) for most projects and hit build once and dont worry about lighting after that, using all dynamic lighting. Dynamic lighting in UE4 is so awesome.

If you can get by with that for now you can side step the matter, when 4.11 is released and I have new computer I can do more thorough investigation.

Rama
            Sure ! I'm still messing around until my 3d assets are done. I wish i could find a good light tutorial, my lights always suck and its time consuming to test all the settings >_<.

Comment

Victory Plugin Upgraded to 4.11.0 Release! ♥ Rama

Dear Community,

I've upgraded Victory BP Library to 4.11.0 Release!

Enjoy!

New Download (28mb, Media Fire)
              https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

Please note my downloads also include these packaged binaries:

1. Win64 Development
              2. Win32 Shipping
              3. HTML5 Development

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

Donations can be sent to me via:
              http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
              Last edited by Rama; 03-31-2016, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Wow, that was fast! Thanks for your awesome work, Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Kenomica View Post
                  Wow, that was fast! Thanks for your awesome work, Rama
                  You're welcome [MENTION=1152]Kenomica[/MENTION]!

Rama

Comment

4.11 BP nodes From Me For You, live in-Engine!

Dear Community,

In 4.11 here are the BP nodes / C++ code that I contributed to the engine that Epic accepted!

1. Is Player Controlled

From the release notes:

Code:
                    New: Added Pawn::IsPlayerControlled() to compliment IsLocallyControlled() (thanks EverNewJoy!)
                    This is for BP multiplayer games!

It lets you know if the character is currently being controlled by a human player

If you combine this with IsLocallyControlled() via a macro you can find out easily if any character/pawn is being locally controlled by a human player!

Name:	IsPlayerControlled.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	1103606

From the 4.11 Release notes:

Code:
                    New: Vector2D now has equal and not equal functions, just like Vector3D.
                    2. Vector2D == Vector2D and Vector2D != Vector2D

Name:	Vector2DEqualsNotEquals.jpg
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	1103607

3. Get Capsule Half Height Without Hemisphere

If you are working with PhysX code a lot, you will enjoy this addition to UE4 because it gives you the half height of the capsule the same way hte PhysX engine sees it!

Name:	CapsuleHHWithoutHemisphere.jpg
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	1103608

Enjoy!

Rama
                    Last edited by Rama; 04-01-2016, 06:20 AM.

Comment

In complete disregard of the fact i am repeating myself, i just want to say THANKS man!

Comment

Since I know people occasionally put requests in here:
                        [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION] I know that Slate includes RichTextBlock functionality, but this is not exposed to UMG/Blueprints (yet).

I don't know how trivial it would be to expose RTF functionality to UMG but it would be deeply appreciated (or really, just any way to change font colors in-line without recoloring the entire font string).

Comment

Big thanks for the update. Is there yet a way to get Victory Ed Engine working with 4.11?

Comment

Originally posted by Marth8880 View Post
                            Hi Rama,

So I use 4.9.1. Which version of your plugin am I supposed to download? The oldest listed version in that second link is 4.9.2.

I've tried September 21st, September 27th, October 6th, and October 14th, and they're all incompatible.

Thanks!

P.S. It might be worth noting that I'm using the GitHub version of UE4.
                            I really need a response here, please. Thanks!

Comment

It might be worth noting that I'm using the GitHub version of UE4.
                              I really need a response here, please. Thanks!
                              If you are using a github version of UE4 than you must know how to compile the engine yourself? Well then just recompile my plugin yourself and you should be set!

Going from 4.9.2 to 4.9.1 you should be fine.

Rama

Originally posted by Harcarik View Post
                              In complete disregard of the fact i am repeating myself, i just want to say THANKS man!
                              You're welcome!!!

Originally posted by SaOk View Post
                              Big thanks for the update. Is there yet a way to get Victory Ed Engine working with 4.11?
                              Yes great point! I have a to do list as follows:

1. Rama Save System Plugin 4.11 (videos and description)
                              2. Rama Melee Weapon Plugin 4.11 (lots of videos of my melee plugin)
                              3. Rama Steam Friends Plugin 4.11 (connect to people via your steam friends list!)

and then

4. Victory Ed Engine 4.11

I'll get there! Hee hee!

Feel free to remind me in a week tho if I've not gotten to it.

Rama
                              Last edited by Rama; 04-02-2016, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RhythmScript View Post
                                Since I know people occasionally put requests in here:
                                [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION] I know that Slate includes RichTextBlock functionality, but this is not exposed to UMG/Blueprints (yet).

I don't know how trivial it would be to expose RTF functionality to UMG but it would be deeply appreciated (or really, just any way to change font colors in-line without recoloring the entire font string).
                                This is indeed a topic of great interest to me as well!

Seems as though it is experimentally exposed?

check out this UE4 doc link!

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ock/index.html

EDIT:

It's obviously being worked on, in 4.10.4 it extends UWidget:

Code:
                                URichTextBlock : public UWidget
                                In 4.11 it extends this:

Code:
                                URichTextBlock : public UTextLayoutWidget
                                I guess the only thing left to do is see if it can be extended, exposed to editor, and will actually work

Does anyone see an option to expose The Rich Text Block via editor or project properties? I could not find anything.

And if that's the case probably its not ready, but of course there's the curious wish to try extending it and seeeeee

If you make a new variable, RichText and RichTextBlock are already available

Rama
                                Last edited by Rama; 04-02-2016, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X