Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to tell SpringArmComponent to ignore specific actors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to tell SpringArmComponent to ignore specific actors?

Hello,

I just started to use SpringArm for my FPS : when the arm of my character is too close something, instead of overalaping the wall, the arms recede.
    However, I want to tweak SpringArm to ignore a list of actors, for example, I don't want my arms to recede when it's getting too close from a enemy sphere collision. So how to tell SprinArm to ignore specifics actors ? I already saw that on the web https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-custom-c.html but I doesn't resolve my problem, and the function is still not implemented.

Here's my current configuration :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Springarm.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	665.0 KB
ID:	1148886

You can't do that from the spring arm, unfortunately you have to set the collision channels to the rest of the actors to not block the camera channel instead.
    ---

Since we are talking about the spring arm, there is also no option for self-collision.. let's say your pawn is a tank and you want the camera to no go through it for example, you can't.
    Definitely something that Epic needs to work on, there is also a weird camera jittering bug with it that I reported a few weeks ago.

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
    WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
    WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

So on my Pawn, I have to set the Capsule collision to ignore Camera trace ? I already did that but it isn't working.

Comment

It should be working (just tested, works for me).

I noticed in your screen however that your spring arm is attached to your camera instead the other way around.. could this be the problem?

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
        WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
        WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
          It should be working (just tested, works for me).

I noticed in your screen however that your spring arm is attached to your camera instead the other way around.. could this be the problem?
          I don't want it to attach it to my camera, because the camera will overlap a wall if the character is in a corner because she will pulls back ; I just want my arms to recede. Here's a screen shot to prove the problem with the camera :

If I used Spring Arm in front of the character, the Camera will overlap with the wall on the left with the pull back effect.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NaggingDaivy; 04-28-2015, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Up please! :'(

Comment

change probChanel to visibility, I don't Know how but it's only way work to me

Comment

Working...
              X