UMG widget On Remove event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UMG widget On Remove event

Hey all, I can't seem to find an event that is called when a widget is removed by it's parent, so if a widget requires any clean up I have to call this manually whenever I call Widget->Remove from Parent. Does anyone have a way of executing a graph when a widget is removed?
    Journeyman's Minimap - Available on Marketplace - Forum topic - Video

What do you mean "executing a graph when a widget is removed?"

Comment

What I mean is I want a blueprint entry point for when the widget is removed from the parent, like an event or a delegate. I can't find something like that and I was wondering if I was missing something.

Actors for example have a Event BeginPlay and Event EndPlay. Widgets have the Event Construct which is similar to BeginPlay, but no corresponding one for when it's lifetime ends.

Comment

I would be interested in having such a feature for this as well. I hope widgets get this functionality soon, because it would make unbinding an event dispatcher for me much easier to do.
        Lastest Developed Games
        Online Portfolio

Comment

You mean removing the widget from the viewport?

Comment

Originally posted by Snow901 View Post
            I would be interested in having such a feature for this as well. I hope widgets get this functionality soon, because it would make unbinding an event dispatcher for me much easier to do.
            That is exactly the issue I'm struggling with. Widgets having no easy "OnAdd/OnRemove" event pair makes it difficult to make sure everything is cleared up after the widget is no longer in use. Event dispatchers as well in my case.

Comment

Hi there! Maby that`s thread is too old, but I`m live an answer here Widgets has Event Construct and Event Destruct so that`s pretty same as OnBeginPlay and OnEndPlay. So maybe, that`s a solution

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey_Ryzhov View Post
                Hi there! Maby that`s thread is too old, but I`m live an answer here Widgets has Event Construct and Event Destruct so that`s pretty same as OnBeginPlay and OnEndPlay. So maybe, that`s a solution
                You can't rely on that, you don't know when the garbage collector will be called so it's not the same a native removed from viewport event would be.

Comment

Working...
                X