No announcement yet.

Mouse click breaks all input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been trying to make progress but I've been getting absolutely nowhere. Even looking through the wiki and whatnot, It seems that I'm the only one with the issue - Which is super-weird.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm seriously burning myself out about the issue. I guess I'm going to have to strip all the UMGs of all input and do it all via the level blueprint which is less than ideal but what might need to be done

Pooh-sticks
    KITATUS
    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

can you upload a newer version, I or someone else in the community may find some time to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickDarnell View Post
        can you upload a newer version, I or someone else in the community may find some time to look at it.
        Nothings really changed from the other upload. I keep changing things and then reverting it when it doesn't work :/
        KITATUS

Comment

Screw it, I've tried and tried for days and nothing will fix the issue. I don't know why - I've tried other engine versions and blank projects but it still happens. I'm just going to call it a day and do all of the input through the Level Blueprint. It's not ideal but I've wasted WAY too much time on this infuriating problem

Thanks all who tried to help; I'm pretty confident now (After trying to fix it for a whole darn week!) that it's not a problem on my end, But I just don't know WHAT is causing the problem
          KITATUS

Comment

Well, it looks like you've given up. I too have this exact problem in the project I'm making. It sure feels like a bug. All the input is working fine until the user clicks. I assume it has something to do with transferring focus. However, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me as if anything I should just be transferring focus to the UMG I'm already interacting with. If anyone has a solution or work around it would be extremely appreciated. I'm working in 4.7.1 btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Lich120 View Post
              Well, it looks like you've given up. I too have this exact problem in the project I'm making. It sure feels like a bug. All the input is working fine until the user clicks. I assume it has something to do with transferring focus. However, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me as if anything I should just be transferring focus to the UMG I'm already interacting with. If anyone has a solution or work around it would be extremely appreciated. I'm working in 4.7.1 btw.
              Try clicking your CanvasPanel and changing it's mode to "Visible" instead of "Hit Test Invisible" or whatever it is. Let me know if it works!
              KITATUS

Comment

Oh man. Kitatus you're a life saver. And so quickly too! That fixed it completely. I really can't thank you enough as I think I was about to punch a hole in one of my monitors. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Lich120 View Post
                  Oh man. Kitatus you're a life saver. And so quickly too! That fixed it completely. I really can't thank you enough as I think I was about to punch a hole in one of my monitors. Cheers!
                  LOL That was a total guess. I guess I solved my own problem too. Guess it really is true that you can solve problems better when you take a break and come back with a fresh pair of eyes! Shame I changed all my control scheme over

Glad I could help

/HappilyEverAfter
                  KITATUS

Comment

Haha you hadn't even verified that yourself?! That's insane. Well I guess you're right then. Take a break, and then come back a wizard.

Thanks again!

Comment

I'm having the exact same issue. Setting Visibility to 'Visible' does the trick of hiding the cursor right away, but the moment I left click on the screen, BOOM, gamepad/keyboard navigation functionality breaks instantly, no way back. Any ideas/developments on this?
                      Can't even find a workaround for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke di Rago View Post
                        I'm having the exact same issue. Setting Visibility to 'Visible' does the trick of hiding the cursor right away, but the moment I left click on the screen, BOOM, gamepad/keyboard navigation functionality breaks instantly, no way back. Any ideas/developments on this?
                        Can't even find a workaround for this.
                        It's a bug that appeared in 4.11, but bugfix is scheduled for 4.11.2
                        Setting ShowMouseCursor to true bugs things out
                        SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                        Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                          It's a bug that appeared in 4.11, but bugfix is scheduled for 4.11.2
                          Setting ShowMouseCursor to true bugs things out
                          Phew, that's great to hear! I was cracking my head at this. Thanks zeOrb!

Comment

I was having a similar problem where mouse clicks on "visibility: visible" items. They would do some weird stuff with focus and stop "On preview down key" working in any of my UMGs. I did a hack to get around it. I do all my controller navigation from the main menu and send the commands through to the child widgets. In my main menu, I hijacked the " Event On Focus Lost", did a small delay and then set intput back to my main menu widget. The small delay was because without it mouse clicks would lose focus before they actually fired their click events.
                            Hope this helps someone else having problems

Comment

Working...
                            X