[UMG] Snap animation to a specific frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[UMG] Snap animation to a specific frame

I have an image that i made an animation for that is 5 frames that just snaps the image to a location. I want to be able to tell the animation to go to a specific frame and just stay there without playing. Is this possible?

Currently no, we could add a way to jump to a specific point in time. It's a series of key-frames and we interpolate between key-frames based on the sample time, so you'll never be able to say 'goto frame 4", but we could potentially add a "Goto 2 seconds". What's the goal of having this functionality?

PS. This seems like a super buggy feature to introduce, so I don't know that we would. Someone writes code that says, goto 2 seconds, and then some artist tweaks it and moves the frames around and now it's no longer meaningful to go to 2 seconds. You'd be much better off declaring specific states/animations for given states instead of arbitrary offsets in a particular animation. Or if it were possible, named points in an animation. That way you divorce specific times from known state points in the animations.
    Last edited by NickDarnell; 02-16-2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

We divide 1 by the number of frames to get the average time per frame. The input is the frame number, it multiplies and finds the time of whatever frame you specify taking into consideration that frame 1 is at time 0. We then set playback position to the output.

Comment

I have a menu and you can select 1 of 4 options and a indicator highlights that option. I would like just to have an animation with 4 frames so I can just set the indicator to the selected location. I guess I could have 4 different animations, 1 for each location
        Last edited by falola; 02-16-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X