Umg Help. [Skill Tree]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I have a couple different working skill trees working with a grid in 4.7p7 so I can confirm they are working well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it fixed in the preview build?. Becuase it still seems buggy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The grid is buggy in 4.6, should be fixed in 4.7.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would it be easier to make a seperate widget just for this system?. Because i have spent hours trying to place these how i want the to be placed inside of a "Grid Panel" But i'm doing something wrong or its buggy because sometimes i cannot even move the buttons. And when i do move the buttons they all end up resetting or jumping ending up somewhere i did not place them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mpie View Post
    Add a variable to the blueprint that represents the selected talent. When you click on a button you set that variable.
    Then when you click apply you do different stuff depending on the value of the variable.

Some additional points:
    - You could put the different talents into an enum
    - Try not to modify your player state in the UMG widget. Add functions to your player that you call from your UMG widget. If you keep all your player related modifications in your player blueprint it will help you later on.

Here an example setup with enums. The buttons are generated automatically and you can add new talents by changing the Talent enum.
    The player has a method "ApplyTalent" that you can modify to handle the changes.
    https://github.com/mfpi/UETalentSelection
    I don't really understand your example. What makes the buttons get placed into the Verticle Box?. Also is there a way to make them be placed in a certain way other then just verticle. Something like this is my end goal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Talenttree.png
Views:	1
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	1066519
    Last edited by Firezown; 02-16-2015, 05:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Add a variable to the blueprint that represents the selected talent. When you click on a button you set that variable.
    Then when you click apply you do different stuff depending on the value of the variable.

Some additional points:
    - You could put the different talents into an enum
    - Try not to modify your player state in the UMG widget. Add functions to your player that you call from your UMG widget. If you keep all your player related modifications in your player blueprint it will help you later on.

Here an example setup with enums. The buttons are generated automatically and you can add new talents by changing the Talent enum.
    The player has a method "ApplyTalent" that you can modify to handle the changes.
    https://github.com/mfpi/UETalentSelection

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, I'm not sure if i need to make a new thread about this but its under the same topic. Now i have multiple Buttons to choose from. And then if you press the "Accept" button it runs the nodes set to that talent button. But my problem now is. Since i have about 9 buttons and 1 accept button how do i connect them all to the accept button without all commands being run wether they clicked the talent or not?.

Name:	Talents.png
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1066479
    Last edited by Firezown; 02-15-2015, 06:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah i figured that out above Sorry that was my mistake

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You need to set the target of the "Set Is Enabled" to your button. The way it is now you enable/disable your whole widget. That is the reason why all your buttons were disabled.

Name:	enable.png
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1066476

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Never mind i messed up and did not set a target on "Set Is Enabled" Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here it is, Its inside the event graph.

Name:	7696760ad7cc00674cc9680c2a4a0f2c.png
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1066475

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,
    Can't add a "doonce" ? And reset when new point available ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can you share the blueprint? It is quite hard helping you without seeing your setup.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its on event click is that whats messing it up.?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is this in your Bindings?

Narg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X