HELP How can I specify execution order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP How can I specify execution order?

I have 2 blueprints and a camera spawned into the viewport.

Background
    Player
    Camera

The Player moves, and the camera is a child of Player so is following him.
    Then Background "positions" according to the Camera position.

The problem is I want the Player to execute BEFORE the Background blueprint so the Blueprints positions according the new camera position (if the Player moves).
    I found some people pointing to "SetTickGroup" but all about that relates to C++ which I'm staying away until I fully dominate blueprints.

Please help!!! this is stoping the development of my game.

Thanks

EDIT: THANKS!!
    I DID IT THIS WAY

Click image for larger version

Name:	forum1.png
Views:	1
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	1066391
    Last edited by Rockseller; 02-12-2015, 06:33 PM.

Originally posted by Rockseller View Post
    I have 2 blueprints and a camera spawned into the viewport.

Background
    Player
    Camera

The Player moves, and the camera is a child of Player so is following him.
    Then Background "positions" according to the Camera position.

The problem is I want the Player to execute BEFORE the Background blueprint so the Blueprints positions according the new camera position (if the Player moves).
    I found some people pointing to "SetTickGroup" but all about that relates to C++ which I'm staying away until I fully dominate blueprints.

Please help!!! this is stoping the development of my game.

Thanks
    What if you used custom events, and then had a master tick on your game mode or something? In this way, you would control the tick pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by The Britain View Post
      What if you used custom events, and then had a master tick on your game mode or something? In this way, you would control the tick pattern.
      Custom events are made inside a Blueprint aren't they?
      As far as I understand, the idea is to make Blueprints for each type of object you want to spawn into your Level,

I found an easier solution, based on an statement that I had a hard time finding:
      Order of execution is defined by the order you spawn the elements into your Viewport/Level

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by The Britain View Post
        Right, so your first blueprint would Tick, execute its logic, then call a custom event on your second blueprint which would then execute all its logic, then call a custom event on the third and so on.

This is what I do to ensure On Begin Play execution order.
        iTween For UE4
        Procedural pathed animation for actors, components & UMG - $0
        Runtime DataTable
        DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!
        easyCSV
        Fast, cheap, and accurate CSV parsing at runtime!

Comment

Originally posted by Jared Therriault View Post
          Right, so your first blueprint would Tick, execute its logic, then call a custom event on your second blueprint which would then execute all its logic, then call a custom event on the third and so on.

This is what I do to ensure On Begin Play execution order.
          Jared, in the end I did as you said, thanks!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	forum1.png
Views:	1
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	1066391

Comment

Just to document that my approach is no longer correct as of version 4.9.0.

There is a better alternative using Prerequisite Tick Actor in Blurprints.

Comment

Working...
            X