Input mapping at runtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input mapping at runtime

Is there any way to map the inputs of any given controller at runtime, save them and then have your game inputs respond to what you have saved? I was thinking sort of like mapping the controls in a fighting game.
    It has the layout of the controller and you can switch what the buttons do to map which attacks go where. Is there any way to do this at runtime and save it so that I won't need to have users go into inis to change their controls?
    Origin of Storms

First you want to make sure you are setting up your inputs in the project settings. I know you can change the INI file, which is what we may resort to depending on compatibility. I think Rama had a plugin that allowed you to do this with blueprints, but I am not 100% sure on this.

Comment

I'll look around and see if he has that.

As far as the inputs go, they're fully mapped in the project settings. I want to be able to swap them around for different controlschemes.
      Origin of Storms

Comment

Originally posted by Streak Thunderstorm View Post
        I'll look around and see if he has that.

As far as the inputs go, they're fully mapped in the project settings. I want to be able to swap them around for different controlschemes.
        I'm currently looking into the best solution for our project as well. If I find something suitable, I will post back here.

Comment

Hello,
          Maybe this thread will help : https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...eys-at-Runtime

Comment

Definitely helps. Thanks a lot Fen!
            Origin of Storms

Comment

Working...
            X