Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i change a 3D UMG widget to a different one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can i change a 3D UMG widget to a different one?

Basically i am trying to make a main menu using a 3D widget, i fully understand that it's in experimental so i'm not sure if there is a way or if i'm just missing it completely.

I want it so that when i press one of my widget buttons the actual widget itself changes, lets say to an options screen rather than main menu.
    I was having difficulties, i even tried having both widgets in the blueprint and setting the visibility to true/false, but for some reason this isn't working and i assume it's to do with it being experimental.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Thanks.

There's currently no way to change the 3D widget's class, but you can use the Widget Switcher widget as your base widget then set its active child as the widget you want to switch to.

Create a widget switcher as your root, mark it "is variable" and save the widget. Add a function to it that adds a UserWidget to the Widget Switcher as a child. Make this widget the class of the 3D Widget. Then you can add widgets as needed and set the one you want the player to see as the active one.
    iTween For UE4
    Procedural pathed animation for actors, components & UMG - $0
    Runtime DataTable
    DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!
    easyCSV
    Fast, cheap, and accurate CSV parsing at runtime!

Comment

Originally posted by Jared Therriault View Post
      There's currently no way to change the 3D widget's class, but you can use the Widget Switcher widget as your base widget then set its active child as the widget you want to switch to.

Create a widget switcher as your root, mark it "is variable" and save the widget. Add a function to it that adds a UserWidget to the Widget Switcher as a child. Make this widget the class of the 3D Widget. Then you can add widgets as needed and set the one you want the player to see as the active one.
      Thanks, ill give it a try tonight and get back to you,
      Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X