Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanted to get feedback before I posted this as a bug.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to get feedback before I posted this as a bug.

Engine Version 4.6.1

In Paper2D if you "Set Looping" to false, it will correctly stop looping the animation, however, if you "Set Looping" to true, it refuses to start looping again. I made sure to do a print out of the looping variable, and they are being set correctly. Can anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by The Britain; 02-06-2015, 06:59 PM.

I can confirm this behavior but do not consider it a bug. The looping behavior is only relevant if the flipbook is playing. And in your case it stopped playing after the first animation.
    If you want to start it another time you can call Play on the flipbook.

Comment

Originally posted by mpie View Post
      I can confirm this behavior but do not consider it a bug. The looping behavior is only relevant if the flipbook is playing. And in your case it stopped playing after the first animation.
      If you want to start it another time you can call Play on the flipbook.
      I am not understanding how this is a bug. If I am telling it to start looping again after switching to a new animation, and it's freezing on frame 0 of all animations while telling me it is looping. I consider that a bug. Unless I am misunderstanding the function.

Comment

You tell the flipbook to loop when it is playing. It is not playing. You need to play the flipbook for it to loop.

Comment

Originally posted by mpie View Post
          You tell the flipbook to loop when it is playing. It is not playing. You need to play the flipbook for it to loop.
          Oh, so once you stop it, you literally need to use a play function to start it back up. I see. Thanks for the explanation!

Comment

I agree. set looping on/off is independent of turning play on/off. I just wish set looping was an exposed component property on flipbooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Furroy View Post
              I agree. set looping on/off is independent of turning play on/off. I just wish set looping was an exposed component property on flipbooks.
              I wish we had animation events for flipbooks.

Comment

it seems like a semantics problem. "islooping" implies that it is currently playing and looping, because looping sounds like an action verb, but its being used as an adjective. maybe it should be called IsALoopingSprite, or isLoopEnabled, or isLoopable, CanLoop, GetLoopMode, etc...

if it was changed to GetLoopMode, they could have multiple loop settings, like sawtooth wave, triangle wave, or none.
                Last edited by ScottSpadea; 06-13-2015, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X