Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to use "servertravel" command with specific game mode options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ok I figured it out, I realized that ShooterGame can reuse maps so I digged into that.

so either you use the full GameClassName

Code:
    ?game=YourProject.YourGameMode

or you can add an alias to your DefaultGame.ini like this

Code:
    [/Script/Engine.GameMode]
    +GameModeClassAliases=(ShortName="DefaultGame",GameClassName="YourProject.YourGameMode")
    and then you can just write ?game=DefaultGame to load it.

Edit: just tested it with ServerTravel, and it doesn work. It seems it will just keep the current options.
    Last edited by DennyR; 02-08-2015, 10:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any luck on your side? Didn't look into it that much, but I am reaching a point in development where I have to figure this out. I really want to reuse maps for different GameModes.
    I will probably just hook it up on LoadLevel() in c++, but I'd prefer a working default implementation

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have not tested it with open command, Ill give it a try

Someone has more info about this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just hit the same problems. I want to reuse a map with different GameModes but I just can't get it to work. Did you get it to work with "open Map?Game=GameMode".

That doesn't work for me either.

Leave a comment:

• Any way to use "servertravel" command with specific game mode options?

I was looking forward to this a loot of time but I cant find any reference to that, using the command "servertravel Map?Game=/Game/Blueprints/MyGameMode.MyGameMode_C" doesnt work, the server dont do nothink

If I use "servertravel Map" it works, but the loaded game mode is the maps default game mode so, how can I change the game mode when using servertravel()?

Thank you community
Working...
X