Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abilities System/Module - Examples? Docs? Estimates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iniside View Post
    You current approach would be good, if.. you would generate AbilityMagnitude (like damage) outside (in something like excel), and you would import it as Curve Asset (or data table), and used it to evaluate current ability damage.
    I don't plan to go all this further... I thought simply on watch players asking for nerf something on some forum, go to the table, index, reduce the Multiplier (or chances as described on the builtin system) and release a patch if the request makes sense. LOL

About localization, as you see "I'm" storing the Strings on the DataAsset plus with some gameplay info, about "auto-tooltips", well, some fancy skill descriptions are a nice way to give tips from the game story, and to some RPG fans (imo) it's a must have.

But back to topic... No one from Epic will talk anything about the Ability system to us ? I'll use the Puss in Boots again! LOL
    VIDA - U4 Indie Goth Horror Game
    Project Thread

Comment

Originally posted by creasso View Post
      But back to topic... No one from Epic will talk anything about the Ability system to us ? I'll use the Puss in Boots again! LOL
      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...em-Explanation
      Here is something.
      I guess they are to busy working on it, to talk about something that can be utterly changed next week .
      https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

I've found this post on my searches, but thank you by the link.

Probably they're using this system already on Fortinite, by what I've seen on videos so it's "working".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for info about how Fortinite guys used it (that's Epic secret magic), but just the same "start" information to explore the system by our own (enable, build a simple skill, play it) OR a "we don't plan on release anything about this before X", "next months" is a heck of vague statement. LOL

Personally if any info about this will come:
        - Until March - Ok, let me take care from something else.
        - Until May - Hmmm... At least I could work on All animations, particles and sounds before implement.
        - On August+ - Better make my own SkillSystem now, implement the entire combat, and forget about this.

Doubts, Doubts, Doubts...

I think that most of us share this "feeling".
        We could learn a new built in system (with docs) in more or less a week.
        10-45 days to implement an own (varying on complexity).
        Last edited by creasso; 02-01-2015, 11:26 AM.
        VIDA - U4 Indie Goth Horror Game
        Project Thread

Comment

I agree, I am just getting started in game development myself and I'm wondering how to do my skill system at the moment, or quite frankly the best place to start in general haha. But the skill system is absolutely my most interested catego0ry atm, but it seems there is no support for any built in functionality, and I am at a loss as to where to begin myself, with 0 knowledge in c++ at this point.

Comment

Working...
          X