Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"How To" Know if an actor is on Screen ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"How To" Know if an actor is on Screen ?

Is there a way, to know if an actor is visible "on screen" ?

Thanks in advance

yes there is. Kind of. Determining if any part of actor is on screen is not easy.
    But checking if some location is on screen (or in camera fov) has node so its trivial.
    You can check this way if origin of actor or some component is on screen.

Comment

Check out the Rama's plugin (the ultimate legend!) He has made a lovely little BP node (get rendered actors) to do just this.
      [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

Comment

Thanks @ULLS and @Nawrot, i've found another way, as my game is in 2D and the fact my question was in relation with the fact "my wish" was to be able to destroy an actor "fireball" when it's out of the screen.
        I've simply added around my camera a nice bouding box, and when my fireball "end overlap" the bounding box i destroy this actor taged as fireball !

Again thanks for your time guys !

Comment

Hello GolgothX01, I would really like you can tell me more details about your solution! since I am working on a 2D game too.

thanks in advanced.

Comment

I haven't used 2d but I'd imagine this would still work....Just need to know which player controller to check so it knows what's on their screen and then needs an actor to check their location....True, they're on the screen...False they are not....I made a macro so I can use it easily but feel free to use as you please....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IsOnScreenMacro.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1094709
            Last edited by President; 12-08-2015, 04:08 PM.

Streams: www.Twitch.tv/BlinkTheory
            Patreon: www.Patreon.com/BlinkTheory

Comment

Originally posted by ULLS View Post
              Check out the Rama's plugin (the ultimate legend!) He has made a lovely little BP node (get rendered actors) to do just this.

Just for the record, this function does not behave like that. People were asking for ways to determine if an actor is visible on screen. His function does *not* do this at all, it checks if the actor has been rendered which includes off screen rendering from what I can tell. This does not accomplish what the OP and others asked for, just saying. I mean its still a useful function its just not what people are led to believe.

Comment

Working...
              X