Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edge grabbing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
    Cybergebi, are you having problems with root motion? Man, I am going crazy here. Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't. And Root Motion rotation, I can make it to work at all.

    Another thing is that sometimes the end notification event from AnimMontage doesn't fires. Also, the box end overlaping event also does not fires. And that makes my character to stay there floating because it does not change its states.
    I also noticed that the Root Motion Rotation didn't seem to work

    About the other Thing, i can't say anything about that because I have not yet developed the Corner Grabbing.
    Currently Working on a little Project called Vision Runner
    It's a First Person Parkour Game with an In-Game Map Editor.

    Check it out on Steam Greenlight
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=211681776

    Comment


      I just added a Print string to my blueprint, and Root Motion stopped working. How can we work with that? I remove the print string, compile and save, and now root motion is working again.

      Well, I made another test. Root motion was working. So, I save everything and close the editor. Then I openned it again, and played the level... Surprise, root motion is not working again.
      Last edited by Alex3d; 05-01-2014, 03:44 PM.
      BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
      PRO version can be bought on my site only.
      www.3dalex.com

      Comment


        Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
        I just added a Print string to my blueprint, and Root Motion stopped working. How can we work with that? I remove the print string, compile and save, and now root motion is working again.

        Well, I made another test. Root motion was working. So, I save everything and close the editor. Then I openned it again, and played the level... Surprise, root motion is not working again.
        Yeah, there are only troubles with the root motion it must be fixed quickly!
        Currently Working on a little Project called Vision Runner
        It's a First Person Parkour Game with an In-Game Map Editor.

        Check it out on Steam Greenlight
        http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=211681776

        Comment


          Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
          Looks like someone is working on this as well.

          Awesome! This is the next climbing issue I was going to ask about. Soon we'll have characters climbing everything like Spiderman. Nothing will be unclimbable!

          Comment


            Originally posted by ReverendK View Post
            we could help if you gave more information about what's going wrong. It should work just fine in 4.1
            Ok thx :3. Just making sure it wasn't the update that broke it. Here is the Uasset files http://www.paperhero.net/uploads/6/9...ue4-player.zip. Its not that different from what Cybergebi posted. I think some of the trace events are firing but nothing after that.

            Comment


              Change the Draw Debug Type to persistent to see if they are finding a ledge.
              Also, did set the generate overlap events property for the meshes that you are tracing?

              BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
              PRO version can be bought on my site only.
              www.3dalex.com

              Comment


                Yeh I set the generate overlap events on the meshes. I tried changing the debug and yeh its not actually finding anything. Where should I go back and check for the error?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Paper_Hero View Post
                  Yeh I set the generate overlap events on the meshes. I tried changing the debug and yeh its not actually finding anything. Where should I go back and check for the error?
                  Then, I sugest that you start again from here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ll=1#post19789
                  BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
                  PRO version can be bought on my site only.
                  www.3dalex.com

                  Comment


                    OK, this is starting to really annoy me. I've implemented some of the stuff you guys are doing by copying some of the blueprints posted in this thread. Only its disabled the normal third person control from the thirdperson example. What I'm seeing is that as I yaw the camera around, the forward vector of the player character moves around too. It looks wrong to me and I can't seem to find where that is being done!

                    I basically just want to go back to the original third person character default movement for "third person". I've implemented a reasonable first/third person toggle but I prefer the old third person movement, so anyone give me an idea where it does the alignment to the control direction? (the control direction is correct, its just that the player is always locked such that their forward is the same as the camera forward).

                    TIA.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by zoombapup View Post
                      OK, this is starting to really annoy me. I've implemented some of the stuff you guys are doing by copying some of the blueprints posted in this thread. Only its disabled the normal third person control from the thirdperson example. What I'm seeing is that as I yaw the camera around, the forward vector of the player character moves around too. It looks wrong to me and I can't seem to find where that is being done!

                      I basically just want to go back to the original third person character default movement for "third person". I've implemented a reasonable first/third person toggle but I prefer the old third person movement, so anyone give me an idea where it does the alignment to the control direction? (the control direction is correct, its just that the player is always locked such that their forward is the same as the camera forward).

                      TIA.
                      If you are following everything right, you should have a variable called bLEdgeGrabbing or something like that. This variable turns true when the character is grabbing a ledge.
                      So, inside the character Blueprint, go into the "Movement input" section or comment, and just add a test(if or branch rsss) to see if this variable is false, there between "Input MoveForward" and "Add Movement Input". This will make the character to move forward only when bLEdgeGrabbing is false.
                      BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
                      PRO version can be bought on my site only.
                      www.3dalex.com

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
                        If you are following everything right, you should have a variable called bLEdgeGrabbing or something like that. This variable turns true when the character is grabbing a ledge.
                        So, inside the character Blueprint, go into the "Movement input" section or comment, and just add a test(if or branch rsss) to see if this variable is false, there between "Input MoveForward" and "Add Movement Input". This will make the character to move forward only when bLEdgeGrabbing is false.
                        Thanks, I was actually just working out the kinks in third person mode really. Found the variables to set/unset (the orient to movement + set use camera yaw) values. It appears that you need to set both variables to the correct values to get the effect I want (basically orient in the direction of movement for the character, but still move relative to the camera view).

                        Now I've got to figure out some other code before I can make a video

                        Thanks for the response.

                        Comment


                          One more video update and a new problem...
                          Does anyone knows what could be causing that animation problem?

                          BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
                          PRO version can be bought on my site only.
                          www.3dalex.com

                          Comment


                            This has been driving me up a wall but I can't seem to find where and why I'm getting such inconsistent hits on the ledge grab. Click image for larger version

Name:	wNAgiry.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1050440 It's hitting the sides of the wall. But logically it shouldn't. What am I missing?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
                              One more video update and a new problem...
                              Does anyone knows what could be causing that animation problem?

                              thats great addition....can u share with us what part u add in ur BP to have this

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
                                Does anyone knows what could be causing that animation problem?
                                What problem do you mean exactly? That the pawn is doing some fast animation before climbing upwards?

                                Looking at your Anim Montage: Should be fine with root motion, as long as the root motion is setup correctly in your modelling software.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X