Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edge grabbing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Originally posted by Cybergebi View Post
    It should be the Same, you only need to Delete the Movement Part in our Blueprint
    ok i will try that

    Comment


      #92
      can anyone of u share ur blueprint which is fully working now.....i can take help from that
      thank you
      Last edited by huxi; 04-29-2014, 05:53 PM.

      Comment


        #93
        Originally posted by McFearson View Post
        Another small update from me, I can turn corners now!



        there is a slight problem with it you can see at the 31 second mark where it detaches from the wall when turning a 90 degree corner, but that only happens when I'm recording, so I'm not sure what to do to fix it.

        also, the 90 degree angles don't really work as smoothly on meshes as they do with the brushes for some odd reason. You have to gain a little momentum to go around corners. I would show it, but the same bug as in the video happens instead when recording.

        Nice work!
        How are you doing the "turning a 90 degree corner" part?
        BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
        PRO version can be bought on my site only.
        www.3dalex.com

        Comment


          #94
          Originally posted by huxi View Post
          can anyone of u share ur blueprint which is fully working now.....i can take help from that
          thank you

          I wouldn't consider mine "fully working" quite yet. I still have some bugs to fix and some features to add. Alex posted his WIP blueprints a little earlier in the thread that pretty much has all the pieces in place and that should get you going in the right direction. HERE is an old version of mine that is at about the same level of functionality as the one Alex shared earlier.


          Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
          Nice work!
          How are you doing the "turning a 90 degree corner" part?
          When in ledge grab mode I replace the capsule trace with 5 line traces a little below where the ledge would be, one in the middle, two to the left, and two to the right. The one in the middle returns the wall location and sets the parent, the others just get the impact normal and I average the normals of all the traces to get the normal to rotate the player to. The 90 degree angle is done by checking to see if the far left or far right trace returns false and if it does I trace to the right (or left depending on which trace missed) from where the trace is to get the normal of the side wall and average that in with the others.

          Comment


            #95
            Originally posted by McFearson View Post
            I
            When in ledge grab mode I replace the capsule trace with 5 line traces a little below where the ledge would be, one in the middle, two to the left, and two to the right. The one in the middle returns the wall location and sets the parent, the others just get the impact normal and I average the normals of all the traces to get the normal to rotate the player to. The 90 degree angle is done by checking to see if the far left or far right trace returns false and if it does I trace to the right (or left depending on which trace missed) from where the trace is to get the normal of the side wall and average that in with the others.
            What happens when the character finds something like this:


            Also, you should use only three traces, one in the middle, and two for the direction that the character is moving. If you are moving in one direction, that is no need for you to trace to the other direction.
            Last edited by Alex3d; 04-30-2014, 11:55 AM.
            BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
            PRO version can be bought on my site only.
            www.3dalex.com

            Comment


              #96
              Right now, nothing lol. My plan to turn corners like that is to do another trace in the direction the player last moved in at a 90 degree angle from the player. If the trace returns positive then work those normals into the average. I haven't had time to try it yet but it should work. I've had to put the ledge climbing stuff aside for a little bit to work on another project, I just thought of this way to turn the corners and had to see if it would work.

              I actually tried just 3 traces. Not two in one direction, but one to the left, one to the right and one in the middle. when the surface normal changed it was really snappy and I just didn't like the feel of it. Also, If you just did two in the direction the player was moving you wouldn't get the average normal of all the walls the character was touching, just the ones in the direction he was moving in. I haven't tried tracing just in the direction the player is moving yet so it might work.

              Comment


                #97
                Instead of just rotating the character it would be better to use an animation? Something like this:
                Last edited by Alex3d; 04-30-2014, 03:54 PM.
                BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
                PRO version can be bought on my site only.
                www.3dalex.com

                Comment


                  #98
                  Why would that be better? I figured it would be much more fluid and versatile to rotate the player. That way the player can stop on a corner, and I don't have to make animations for different angles. I still need to do multiple traces to do any sort of rounded surface anyways.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by McFearson View Post
                    I wouldn't consider mine "fully working" quite yet. I still have some bugs to fix and some features to add. Alex posted his WIP blueprints a little earlier in the thread that pretty much has all the pieces in place and that should get you going in the right direction. HERE is an old version of mine that is at about the same level of functionality as the one Alex shared earlier.
                    thnx for the BP

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Cybergebi View Post
                      Hey Guys,

                      a short Tutorial:

                      i have took the Climbing BP from Alex3D and modified it a little bit.
                      NOTE: My BP is not done efficiently

                      1)For the Root Animation, we need a Target for the Player.
                      i have Simply made a Box and use his World Position when the Player climbs on the Edge.



                      2) Save the Position in a Variable before he tryes to Go Up, now we just Move the Player to that Point in the Time of the Animation.



                      3)And in the Part of Alex's BP we need to check if he still should move to the ledge or not, if we don't do this, the Player would stay at his Position.


                      4)Don't forget to make the Animation Montage. Just use your Climbing Up Animation and acitvate the Root Motion Translation.

                      5) And now we need to let the Animation system now, which Montage we would like to Play.


                      I have tryed many Ways but this is the Only one who worked, Suggestions? Just Reply, Thanks

                      Here you can Download all the Character Assets and his Blueprint
                      https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ti5619sd4...p%20Player.zip

                      Any Questions?
                      Just Ask

                      Greetings
                      Cybergebi
                      I can't get this working at all. Is it the 4.1 update?

                      Comment


                        we could help if you gave more information about what's going wrong. It should work just fine in 4.1

                        Comment


                          Looks like someone is working on this as well.

                          BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
                          PRO version can be bought on my site only.
                          www.3dalex.com

                          Comment


                            Thats the same Guy who did this Adventure Kit for UDK
                            Currently Working on a little Project called Vision Runner
                            It's a First Person Parkour Game with an In-Game Map Editor.

                            Check it out on Steam Greenlight
                            http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=211681776

                            Comment


                              Cybergebi, are you having problems with root motion? Man, I am going crazy here. Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't. And Root Motion rotation, I can make it to work at all.

                              Another thing is that sometimes the end notification event from AnimMontage doesn't fires. Also, the box end overlaping event also does not fires. And that makes my character to stay there floating because it does not change its states.
                              BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
                              PRO version can be bought on my site only.
                              www.3dalex.com

                              Comment


                                My update and two bugs:

                                BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
                                PRO version can be bought on my site only.
                                www.3dalex.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X