Edge grabbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I have a Problem, i can Rotate the Camera 360 Degrees when i'm climbing!
    How can i limit the Camera Rotation to 180 Degrees?

I allready tryed it but it does not work, any ideas?

It is called after the "set Movement mode" and the YawCamRotation Variable is set when i go into the Climb State (Look Direction to the Wall).

Thanks

Greetings
    Cybergebi
    Currently Working on a little Project called Vision Runner
    It's a First Person Parkour Game with an In-Game Map Editor.

Check it out on Steam Greenlight
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=211681776

Comment

Originally posted by Cybergebi View Post
      Hi,

It is called after the "set Movement mode" and the YawCamRotation Variable is set when i go into the Climb State (Look Direction to the Wall).

Thanks

Greetings
      Cybergebi
      Have you had any luck with cam rotation? Using an Oculus I'm not too worried about it, since your own neck will limit the rotation. Hmm. Right now looking around with the camera doesn't cause the head to rotate or vice versa, correct? If the camera simply followed the rotation of the head, then perhaps you could setup some kind of joint/bone rotation limits. Either way it would be nice to have the character's head look where the camera is looking.

Was just checking out the file you shared and noticed when looking straight down, the character can not move, and then progresses to walking as you begin to look up.

Comment

@Xodroc
        https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...amera-Rotation
        reference
        http://dirty-windows.de

my blog
        http://ulrichthuemmler.blogspot.com/

Comment

This is some great stuff here guys nice work!!
          Patrick Griffiths
          Director & Co-Founder
          Indieworx - www.indieworx.co

Currently working on a Steampunk themed 3d puzzle platformer called. The Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Xodroc View Post
            Was just checking out the file you shared and noticed when looking straight down, the character can not move, and then progresses to walking as you begin to look up.
            This is a weird thing that seems to have changed in 4.1 as it did the same thing in my normal MyCharacter as well, it's easily fixed by doing these break and make rots in your movement input bit.

Artist and Amateur-Blueprintist at SpiritShock

Comment

Originally posted by Cybergebi View Post
              Hi,

Thanks

Greetings
              Cybergebi

There is a easy Solution:
              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ll=1#post23763

Originally posted by leonn3k View Post
              This is a weird thing that seems to have changed in 4.1 as it did the same thing in my normal MyCharacter as well, it's easily fixed by doing these break and make rots in your movement input bit.

Thanks, that Helped

Comment

I am having this problem with the root motion animation. Look at what happens to the arms.
                Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?

BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
                PRO version can be bought on my site only.
                www.3dalex.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
                  I am having this problem with the root motion animation. Look at what happens to the arms.
                  Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?
                  I don't know how to fix it but I got a screenshot of it and it looks like it's reverting to the falling animation inbetween ledge grabbing and climbing up. So there's a starting point for you at least :P

Last edited by leonn3k; 04-28-2014, 11:32 AM.
                  Artist and Amateur-Blueprintist at SpiritShock

Comment

Originally posted by leonn3k View Post
                    I don't know how to fix it but I got a screenshot of it and it looks like it's reverting to the falling animation inbetween ledge grabbing and climbing up. So there's a starting point for you at least :P

You are right! I just look at the animBlueprint while running the climbingUp, and inside the states, it goes back to JumpEnd state before starting the AnimMontage. Now I need to figure it out how to fix this. Thanks
                    www.3dalex.com

Comment

My Hero

Comment

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
                        You are right! I just look at the animBlueprint while running the climbingUp, and inside the states, it goes back to JumpEnd state before starting the AnimMontage. Now I need to figure it out how to fix this. Thanks
                        Set the transition time to zero This will solve your problem.

Edit: Assuming you are using a AnimMontage. It's called Blend In/Out time
                        Last edited by order66; 04-29-2014, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by order66 View Post
                          Set the transition time to zero This will solve your problem.

Edit: Assuming you are using a AnimMontage. It's called Blend In/Out time
                          Thank you very much! It is working now.
                          www.3dalex.com

Comment

hi can anybody help me making this ledge grabbing on side scroll bp

Comment

Originally posted by huxi View Post
                              hi can anybody help me making this ledge grabbing on side scroll bp
                              It should be the Same, you only need to Delete the Movement Part in our Blueprint

Comment

Another small update from me, I can turn corners now!

there is a slight problem with it you can see at the 31 second mark where it detaches from the wall when turning a 90 degree corner, but that only happens when I'm recording, so I'm not sure what to do to fix it.

also, the 90 degree angles don't really work as smoothly on meshes as they do with the brushes for some odd reason. You have to gain a little momentum to go around corners. I would show it, but the same bug as in the video happens instead when recording.
                                Last edited by McFearson; 04-29-2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X