Edge grabbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickZucc View Post
    Hello all, I am an art guy (mainly character artist) so I like to digital sculpt, paint etc. But I am really interested in pushing myself as an artist in the areas of animation, in particular the are of animation as it relates to motion systems in UE4 like what you are all creating.

I am really interested in learning how to build the first demo that was shown at the beginning of the thread:

I am very new to the entire BluePrint world (as many of you are) I'm just wondering if you all have some advise for someone that is starting out in this area, what are the best tutorial out there that help you understand the movement system in UE4?

Would any of you be willing to make a video that covers how to take the base character in UE4, create a custom animation, tie that into the movement system and then have that result used by the player with their mouse/keyboard or joypad?

Any advise or help in this are would be highly appreciated.....again... really cool work being done here and I am very grateful for the sharing of information.
    I'm also new, i can't help you there.

Originally posted by Furroy View Post
    I've been tinkering around with this stuff to learn and I have a question. The default sample project has all these boxes made with additive brushes, but no matter what I try, I can't seem to get an overlap event to trigger when the capsule collides with them. I have to remove the boxes and replace them with something else and then it works. But clearly the player can walk and jump on them, so something knows their boundary's. What's up with that?
    You need to convert these Brushes to a Mesh. Simply done with the "Create Static Mesh" Button on the right.
    Thats how i have done it
    Currently Working on a little Project called Vision Runner
    It's a First Person Parkour Game with an In-Game Map Editor.

Check it out on Steam Greenlight
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=211681776

Comment

ty for the replies. i eventually did find this post which helps explains this is intended behavior: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...rush-hits.html

oh and this blog post was also very helpful: https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/collision-filtering
      Last edited by Furroy; 04-19-2014, 01:59 PM. Reason: adding second link

Comment

Does anyone knows how to prevent that jump that the character does when walk off ledges? I need to disable this in order to make the character to fall from a ceiling and grab the ledge, instead of jumping.
        BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
        PRO version can be bought on my site only.
        www.3dalex.com

Comment

Sadly, i don't know. But i think it's in the C++ Code.

Comment

waoo @Alex3d its an awsome work u have done.......can u do me a favor I will b very thankful to u, after u make it perfect can u make a video tutorial for this from scratch, Im still a beginner and I really wana learn this ledge grabing plx can u help me

Comment

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
              Progress... Not the best animation in the world, but for a few minutes working on it, is good enough.

Hey

How can i "detect" it when the Character leaves the Ledge? So the Animation switch back?

Thanks

Greetings
              Cybergebi

Comment

Originally posted by Cybergebi View Post
                Hey

How can i "detect" it when the Character leaves the Ledge? So the Animation switch back?

Thanks

Greetings
                Cybergebi
                http://postimg.org/image/6axvcaig5/
                www.3dalex.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
                  A Big Thanks

Now its Working beautifully

Comment

I'm going to attempt implementing this with a first person character after I get a few hours of sleep I'll come back and let you know how it goes.
                    Artist and Amateur-Blueprintist at SpiritShock

Comment

Originally posted by leonn3k View Post
                      I'm going to attempt implementing this with a first person character after I get a few hours of sleep I'll come back and let you know how it goes.
                      Nice thread, was just thinking the same thing. First person with independent head rotation for looking around, etc.. Oculus mode.

Thanks for sharing your progress Alex, McFearson. Is that NickZ from Zbrush Central? Good to see you here if so, still have your basemesh I used to study all the time.

Comment

Xodorc, yes sir that is me! Just when I thought I was starting to understand the UDK thing UE4 hits and now...well back to learning again! Hey, I noticed you are developing for the Oculus, very cool. Not sure if you know this or not but I made a level and have it on the Oculus share site. It sits here if your are interested in checking it out! Glad the basemesh helps you out!

Comment

Can't seem to get it working :\ Still gonna keep trying though
                          Artist and Amateur-Blueprintist at SpiritShock

Comment

leonn what are you having issues with?

Comment

Heyy

i just finished my First Persion Climbing Function, Big Thanks to Alex3D and McFearson. You two will come in the credits of my game

Here my Video:

Greetings
                              Cybergebi

Comment

Originally posted by Cybergebi View Post
                                Heyy

i just finished my First Persion Climbing Function, Big Thanks to Alex3D and McFearson. You two will come in the credits of my game

Here my Video:

Greetings
                                Cybergebi
                                Glad to help.
                                Can you share the code for the climbing part? And maybe the climbing up animation as well, since I supose is just a temp animation, right?
                                www.3dalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X