Edge grabbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
    I have plans to implement it something close enough to assassin creeds, but that this will take time.
    Jump anticipation... We are thinking on different things here. This is that little movement that the character does before jumping.

You can buy this already on my site( on my signature ) and benefit from the Promotion.
    Oh thanks for the site. For jump anticipation I see what you mean. But how would one know whether in his jump trajectory will he grab a ledge or fall to the ground like assassins creed this way it will disable movement while in air making the climbing system a bit floaty like infamous.

Comment

Well, detecting the ledge before reaching it!

Just an update: Maybe tomorrow, I will be uploading the v1.4 update with some PRO features, and also compatible with UE4.5.
      BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
      PRO version can be bought on my site only.
      www.3dalex.com

Comment

This is awesome!

Great work Alex!

Rama
        UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Well, detecting the ledge before reaching it!

Just an update: Maybe tomorrow, I will be uploading the v1.4 update with some PRO features, and also compatible with UE4.5.
          Yes detecting edges before reaching it, sorry for the improper terminology. Do you have that feature? How did you do that if so? Would a sphere sweep along the jump trajectory work?

Comment

I use traces, but a sphere would work as well.
            www.3dalex.com

Comment

I've should had post this before, but I was saving for later... Anyway, here it is. Another PRO feature! ZipLines. On my site I had this described as Rappel. Wrong name!

www.3dalex.com

Comment

this is grate stuff

is there any reason why you don't use the up/W Key when climbing up onto the top of a edges/platform, it would make for more smooth control as up is the direction I would like to go. I tried changing the key but it doesn't seem to do anything, im only new to UE so I will try to find out later how to do it

- the guy seems to struggle with a ledge that is the same height as him, it's slightly too high to jump onto and the jump and hold doesn't seem to work. making the guy grab on the edge from the ground would probably fix this. I also think having the guy snap to the edge when jumping would take away from the player jumping higher then the ledge them grabbing hold of it on the way down

- I made the guy to that weird thing where he stays in the jumping animation, it seems to happen when I am jumping off a ledge and trying to grab onto anther ledge, im not really shore but I think it has something to do with the player being able to rotate in mid air or maybe it is when I am trying to jumping from a ledge that in to low to the ground and the player hits the ground and hold on to the ledge at the same time it hard to say it doesn't happen a lot. either way I think stoping the mid air rotation would look better

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.gif
Views:	1
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	1060202

Name:	Untitled-2.gif
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	1060203

are you planning to change the jumping animation?
                again this is grate stuff cant wait for my pro addition to come
                Last edited by WeekendWarrior; 10-25-2014, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrdazza_460 View Post
                  this is grate stuff

is there any reason why you don't use the up/W Key when climbing up onto the top of a edges/platform, it would make for more smooth control as up is the direction I would like to go. I tried changing the key but it doesn't seem to do anything, im only new to UE so I will try to find out later how to do it

- the guy seems to struggle with a that is the same height as him, it's slightly too high to jump onto and the jump and hold doesn't seem to work. making the guy grab on the edge from the ground would probably fix this.

- I made the guy to that weird thing where he stays in the jumping animation, it seems to happen when I am jumping off a ledge and trying to grab onto anther ledge, im not really shore but I think it has something to do with the player being able to rotate in mid air or maybe it is when I am trying to jumping from a ledge that in to low to the ground and the player hits the ground and hold on to the ledge at the same time it hard to say it doesn't happen a lot. either way I think stoping the mid air rotation would look better

are you planning to change the jumping animation?
                  Well, the only reason for not using the Up key is because, most of the times, we want only to grab a ledge, not climbing up. And when I started doing this, when I wanted to just grab, and using the Up key, the character would grab and climb up. So, it was a design decision, but one can always change that. Just search for the E input, and change it to W.

-- the guy seems to struggle with a that is the same height as him... To grab a ledge, you must first jump, and the ledge should be above a certain height limit to be grabbed.
                  -- I made the guy to that weird thing where he stays in the jumping animation... Can you record a video( using fraps ) showing this, and send me? Also, ledges too low, right now and sometimes causes this problem. I think that this will be fixed when I implement the vault part for lower ledges. And the rotation, at first, the system was not doing this, but several people requested to be able to control it like this. So I changed, which cause several other problems( that are fixed now. )

-- The jumping animation... Yes. I don't like the way it is working also. So, it is on my TODO list to change it.

And make sure that only test this with UE4.4.2. I am updating right now to UE 4.4.5, fixing the bugs caused by blueprint changes made by Epic.
                  Last edited by Alex3d; 10-25-2014, 08:29 PM.
                  www.3dalex.com

Comment

There is no place on your site for those of us that bought ALCS during the promotion on the old site to download it or look for updates to down load?

Comment

When I have the updated ready, I will send you guys an email with some instructions for adding this into your accounts there. This will make more easier for me to send you guys updates, without forgetting anyone.
                      www.3dalex.com

Comment

When I have the updated ready, I will send you guys an email with some instructions for adding this into your accounts there. This will make more easier for me to send you guys updates, without forgetting anyone.
                        Thanks! :-)

Comment

sorry but I cant seem to send a video to I was going to send it via outlook but it is to large for it to send. and i cant seem to post a video in this site

I don't have 4.2 only 4.3 and 4.5 i was running i'm in 4.3

I have figured out how to make it do it all the time, while hanging of a edge press the right mouse button and the jump button together and press them couple of times together and let him drop to the ground he will stay in the jumping pose, it seems to happen more often the lower you are to the ground. but I can still make it do it up high

Name:	Untitled-1.gif
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	1060216

Comment

Originally posted by Mrdazza_460 View Post
                            sorry but I cant seem to send a video to I was going to send it via outlook but it is to large for it to send. and i cant seem to post a video in this site

I don't have 4.2 only 4.3 and 4.5 i was running i'm in 4.3

I have figured out how to make it do it all the time, while hanging of a edge press the right mouse button and the jump button together and press them couple of times together and let him drop to the ground he will stay in the jumping pose, it seems to happen more often the lower you are to the ground. but I can still make it do it up high
                            Yes, thanks. I was able to reproduce it here. Thanks for finding that out. I will fix it!
                            Last edited by Alex3d; 10-25-2014, 11:31 PM.
                            www.3dalex.com

Comment

Mrdazza_460, that bug is fixed now!
                              www.3dalex.com

Comment

you are to good.

Comment

Working...
                                X