No announcement yet.

Edge grabbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One update video to let you guys know how the bug fixing are going.

BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
    PRO version can be bought on my site only.
    www.3dalex.com

Comment

Looking seriously awesome Alex3d! Am quite interested in getting this once you've finished the bug fixing. Just as a secondary thought, do you think your system would be useable/adaptable for a 2.5D sidescroller platform game?

Comment

Originally posted by Bhanshee View Post
        Looking seriously awesome Alex3d! Am quite interested in getting this once you've finished the bug fixing. Just as a secondary thought, do you think your system would be useable/adaptable for a 2.5D sidescroller platform game?
        I guess it would. One problem that I have is that I need to keep disabling the camera rotation whenever I need to make something. Having the camera rotation locked, would help a lot.
        But only trying to see.
        www.3dalex.com

Comment

Nice Update! When will the new links be sent out to those us that bought it?

I'm disappointed with the Epic Asset Store because it has taken to long for them to approve your wonderful kit. That is why I bought it from your store. With Unity I always preferred to buy my assets from the Unity Asset Store so they are easy to find and I don't end up having to remember a gazillion websites to go check for updates. But in this case I'm happy you created your own store:-(

The Epic store is not a deal breaker for me yet but I don't like it so far:-(

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Venged View Post
            Nice Update! When will the new links be sent out to those us that bought it?

I'm disappointed with the Epic Asset Store because it has taken to long for them to approve your wonderful kit. That is why I bought it from your store. With Unity I always preferred to buy my assets from the Unity Asset Store so they are easy to find and I don't end up having to remember a gazillion websites to go check for updates. But in this case I'm happy you created your own store:-(

The Epic store is not a deal breaker for me yet but I don't like it so far:-(

Thanks
            I have just one more bug to fix. After that, I will send to a few friends to test it, for one day. After that, I will send the link and also enable the site that is disabled right now.
            www.3dalex.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
              I have just one more bug to fix. After that, I will send to a few friends to test it, for one day. After that, I will send the link and also enable the site that is disabled right now.
              Thanks, looking forward to it:-)

Comment

Hi.

Just want to let you guys know, that I am doing some last minute cleaning. And that I will be uploading the files soon.
                www.3dalex.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
                  Hi.

Just want to let you guys know, that I am doing some last minute cleaning. And that I will be uploading the files soon.
                  Ok thanks:-)

Comment

I just send a update link for anyone that bought my system.
                    This is the most stable so far.
                    All those bugs seams to be fixed, but if you find any problem, please send me a video showing it, and I will fix it. After all the changes I made, it will probably break something. But I hope not. Because I want to get back to work on adding new features.

I fixed a lot of bugs, a made some changes on how I had the code. I also added a few improvements.

Improved areas:

* Ledge detection logic.
                    * End of Ledge detection when moving sideways.
                    * Jumping backward camera.
                    * Smooth Transition between hands only grabbing and hands and feet.
                    * Left Control makes the character to walk instead of running,and prevent it to fall from any ledge.
                    * Add a "NoGrab" Tag, that can be added to any mesh, and I will prevent the character from climbing it.
                    * Diagonal movement on a Vine wall.

Also, the site is online again for anyone wanting to buy it as well.
                    Last edited by Alex3d; 10-10-2014, 10:21 PM.
                    www.3dalex.com

Comment

thx you
                      reference
                      http://dirty-windows.de

my blog
                      http://ulrichthuemmler.blogspot.com/

Comment

Which bugs? Can you send me a video showing how to reproduce it? Did you download the 1.3 version?

I just recorded this video:

And I don't see any of those bugs that you showed. So, please recorded and show me how to reproduce, so that I can fix, if they are still there.

EDITED: I went and look again, and I found that the file that I sent is missing the last fixed that I did, that fix the camera locked after jumping back.
                        If you guys do not want to wait for the next update or download everything again, you can go ahead and add this fix! Go inside the CollapseGraph_2 ( for S key ), and add this an "If" branch for a "Jumping Back" variable, just like on the picture bellow.
                        Last edited by Alex3d; 10-11-2014, 06:21 PM.
                        www.3dalex.com

Comment

Please, record another video with the new project showing the bugs, and how to reproduce them.
                          That video is the same one that you showed before. If you show me the same video from before the update, how can I fix the bugs you say you have?
                          www.3dalex.com

Comment

Amazing Customer Service Alex3d!

You are doing an amazing job maintaining your Marketplace offering!

No huge game mechanic like this is going to work immediately for everyone under all conditions, and using their feedback you are making an ever-better product!

Great work Alex3d!

~~~

IK Hand System

Your IK Hand system looks perfect!

Rama

The video I am talking about for new viewers:

Last edited by Rama; 10-11-2014, 09:06 PM.
                            UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Thanks Rama, for your kind words.
                              That is my intention, to use their feedback to try make the system to work on most situations possible. I have some buyers that find different ways of breaking the system that I never thought.

Also, the next update, if everything goes well, the IK hands and Pole climbing will be added. I just need to fine tune some things, and finish the jumping backward from the Pole to allow jumping between poles.

Last edited by Alex3d; 10-11-2014, 10:30 PM.
                              www.3dalex.com

Comment

Why would you record another video? Because those are not the same bugs! The end result is almost the same, but they are not happening on the same place of before. And, if something breaks, the character will show those same behaviors, even if the problems are not the same.

So, thanks for recording the video. But what about showing how you manage to make it that happen? Did you changed anything inside? Which UE version are you using?

* The ladder problem, which keys combination did you press, or mouse... Did you just climb up?
                                * The not grabbing walking of ledge? Once again, what keys combination, etc?
                                * The corner movement problem? How did you manage to make it that happen? The character only stops like that if several traces hit something. There aren't anything there to stop the character like that. Can you go inside the Blueprints and make the traces visible to see what is going on?
                                * The not grabbing from a Vine wall... You keep showing the trying to climbing out of a Vine wall as bug, trying to grab that ledge, even after I already said to you that this feature is not implemented yet. It is a PRO version feature.
                                * The floating around bug. What made that to happen? You don't show on the video!

Again, if you don't show me how to reproduce the bugs, how do you expect me to fix them? They are not happening to me here.
                                Anyway, I just tried to reproduce what you showed. Look:

Is there anyone else who bought my system, that is having the same problems or know how to reproduce them?
                                Last edited by Alex3d; 10-12-2014, 02:51 PM.
                                www.3dalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X