No announcement yet.

Edge grabbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Alex! First of all, i'm french so sorry for my bad english...
    I just have a question, why don't you compile and release your demonstrate level for testing without the editor but just with a gamepad? That could be a good way for people who don't know if your system is good to test it for play because for now we just have some few screenshots and videos. If Crystal Dynamics would submitting a blueprint version of the Tomb Raider's code (edge climbing only) i will buy it immediately. Why? Because i know we can play it with a very good feeling because i have played to Tomb Raider. Try to thinking to it and let me know what do you think of this idea
    Last edited by Nicobass; 09-27-2014, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicobass View Post
      Hi Alex! First of all, i'm french so sorry for my bad english...
      I just have a question, why don't you compile and release your demonstrate level for testing without the editor but just with a gamepad? That could be a good way for people who don't know if your system is good to test it for play because for now we just have some few screenshots and videos. If Crystal Dynamics would submitting a blueprint version of the Tomb Raider's code (edge climbing only) i will buy it immediately. Why? Because i know we can play it with a very good feeling because i have played to Tomb Raider. Try to thinking to it and let me know what do you think of this idea
      I thought about that. But after you compile, it generates a ".pak" file, that it is very easy to decompile. So, if I release this compiled version, nothing will stop people, from decompile it, and have acess to the blueprints and animations files.
      Also, you guys does not have only screenshots and videos. You have this thread, and I even shared here, part of my code for anyone to try to make them self.
      Last edited by Alex3d; 09-27-2014, 07:09 AM.
      BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
      PRO version can be bought on my site only.
      www.3dalex.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
        I thought about that. But after you compile, it generates a ".pak" file, that it is very easy to decompile. So, if release this compiled version, nothing will stop people, from do it, and have acess to the blueprints and animations files.
        **** it... Epic should make a web plugin version of the engine like unity web player

Comment

**** it... Epic should make a web plugin version of the engine like unity web player
          They should not, as they support "native" HTML5 applications.
          Alone: The Untold - a story driven horror game

Comment

Even with the unity web player, you still have to download the project to a temp folder inside your computer. So, that won't stop people from having acess to the files.
            What the engine should have is a way to protect the blueprints, or the pack file.

Anyway, you guys can wait until monday, to hear from the only person that bought my system, what he thinks about it.
            www.3dalex.com

Comment

I can understand Alex3D. But I must say that the price is too high for me. I am by profession, although Technical-Artist. But private just for fun a developer. For comparison: The Adventure Kit of FTC was free in the UDK. In the UE 4 it has much more scope. For € 30 I would have bought ALCS immediately. For € 90 never.

With mass sales you earn not much. The best example is turbosquid. By turbosquid there are assets with over 200h worktime for € 20. If a freelancer € 35 at hour takes for one person the price is € 7000. Then he needs 350 user sales. He has the price for the work involved, can ever 2-3 years pass, if not longer. The question here would be, how many users would buy the ALCS for and over what period?

It is also wrong to expect as long a developer would work itself out on such a project. He does not need anything from the kit and works in most cases anyway for free. Also the support needs none. Most reaches a rough blueprint of itself to changes to take, otherwise they ask in the forum.

I think the ALCS is a very good system. But not everyone needs the complete system. The animations are a nice to have, but many take their own.

The assets currently are not of good quality in the market place. The worst example of the Sci Fi Creature Pack for € 80.72 !!! Almost none is currently assets in the market place who should buy it? Indie developers with money to make their own assets. Private people download somewhere to test free assets to their Projects. And the rest Designed unpaid.

Best regards,
              Ulrich
              reference
              http://dirty-windows.de

my blog
              http://ulrichthuemmler.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yes, but massives sales, for a blueprint system? You guys are still comparing code with models, textures, etc. And keep also comparing things that can be compared. The assets on Turbosquid are good for all kind of projects, and game engines, and 3d movies, etc. My system is good only for Unreal engine 4, for Blueprint only, and for Third person projects. Can you see that it is not possible to compare those things?

The Adventure Kit of FTC was free in the UDK! They guy probably does not have much bills to pay. If I didn't have it also, I wouldn't mind to make it free as well.

Anyway, the price won't go bellow 90€. If you guys want to buy, good. if not... Cheaper than that, is not worth selling, because of the license type, and the support that I need to be giving.

Also, be honest! Is that how much you think my system worth? Only $30? Really??
                Last edited by Alex3d; 09-27-2014, 08:52 AM.
                www.3dalex.com

Comment

The site is online again. Someone keep trying to hack it.kkkk
                  www.3dalex.com

Comment

Some people ill always try to get everything as cheap as possible if it doesnt have a "Big " name under it, I personally can see you have put a lot of work and effort in the system and 90€ Is a perfect price for it
                    Offering my Freelance Game Design ,Counselling and C++ Programming Skills!
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ner-Counseling

Marketplace Assets
                    Melee Tracing Plugin:https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...Tracing-Plugin
                    Medieval Combat Starter Kit:https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...at-Starter-Kit
                    Foliage To Blueprint:https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...e-to-blueprint

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich.Thümmler View Post
                      I can understand Alex3D. But I must say that the price is too high for me. I am by profession, although Technical-Artist. But private just for fun a developer. For comparison: The Adventure Kit of FTC was free in the UDK. In the UE 4 it has much more scope. For € 30 I would have bought ALCS immediately. For € 90 never.

With mass sales you earn not much. The best example is turbosquid. By turbosquid there are assets with over 200h worktime for € 20. If a freelancer € 35 at hour takes for one person the price is € 7000. Then he needs 350 user sales. He has the price for the work involved, can ever 2-3 years pass, if not longer. The question here would be, how many users would buy the ALCS for and over what period?

It is also wrong to expect as long a developer would work itself out on such a project. He does not need anything from the kit and works in most cases anyway for free. Also the support needs none. Most reaches a rough blueprint of itself to changes to take, otherwise they ask in the forum.

I think the ALCS is a very good system. But not everyone needs the complete system. The animations are a nice to have, but many take their own.

The assets currently are not of good quality in the market place. The worst example of the Sci Fi Creature Pack for € 80.72 !!! Almost none is currently assets in the market place who should buy it? Indie developers with money to make their own assets. Private people download somewhere to test free assets to their Projects. And the rest Designed unpaid.

Best regards,
                      Ulrich
                      I'm totally agree with you Ulrich

Comment

One more video update showing another implemented feature:

www.3dalex.com

Comment

Very nice, keep up the good work!

Comment

your last promotion is very interesting, so I've bought it...

Comment

Are ropes and the like supported as of yet? How often do you plan to roll out updates / new features?

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBennifer View Post
                                Are ropes and the like supported as of yet? How often do you plan to roll out updates / new features?
                                Not yet. I had to stop my work on the new features, because of some bugs that a buyer found. They are all fixed, but I am testing to make sure.

Updates and new features, as soon as I got them ready to go.
                                www.3dalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X