Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
    Hi Kodmistrz,

I will be honest with you. My first site had 882 visits from 124 users. The new site has right now 569 visits from 81 users. With just a few days. I received several emails asking me for enable the paying button because they want my system. But, so far only one person bought it. He said that he will look at it this weekend.
    The price is not that expensive for what you get, since is a complete system with easy installation, easy to use, very commented, and with around 60 animations and its source, and because of the license for life, and support for every UE version that comes out. But I guess people only want things for free or pay very cheap and get work with quality. So, I am thinking about wait for a few days more, and then I will stop selling it.
    Alex3d,
    I wil be honest with you too I've been waiting for your system since you start developing this. I love your work and ALCS is amazing but... when UE4 (all engine!) for $19, SpeedTree for $19, Mixamo with 2000 animations and other great features, awesome Allegorithmic products, Quixel, etc... That's all have nice price for indie developers... But unfortunately your system is too expensive. I think good price for ALCS is max $30 for standard edition and $50 for pro edition... If you lower the prices you earn more because more people buy this... Then I will buy this too

Comment

Originally posted by kodmistrz View Post
      Alex3d,
      I wil be honest with you too I've been waiting for your system since you start developing this. I love your work and ALCS is amazing but... when UE4 (all engine!) for $19, SpeedTree for $19, Mixamo with 2000 animations and other great features, awesome Allegorithmic products, Quixel, etc... That's all have nice price for indie developers... But unfortunately your system is too expensive. I think good price for ALCS is max $30 for standard edition and $50 for pro edition... If you lower the prices you earn more because more people buy this... Then I will buy this too
      You are forgetting something. For those products that you mentioned, you pay $19 per month, not once and you also have to pay to have support. Do you prefer paying me $19 per month as well? The price that I am charging for it, doesn't even come close for what I should be asking for it. But I guess you are right. People here want work with quality and don't want pay for it. Thanks for clarifying this for me.
      Last edited by Alex3d; 09-26-2014, 10:37 PM.
      BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
      PRO version can be bought on my site only.
      www.3dalex.com

Comment

You are forgetting something. For those products that you mentioned, you pay $19 per month, not once. Do you prefer paying me $19 per month as well? The price that I am charging for it, doesn't even come close for what I should be asking for it. But I guess you are right. People here want work with quality and don't want pay for it. Thanks for clarifying this for me.
        Please look at Unity Asset Store. There are many projects more advanced than yours but cheaper... and sold very good. My good advice for you is lower the price and people will start buy this (including me). I don't pay 250 euro for system which I can't even test before... People here want work with quality and want pay for it but not so much as you want. I repeat once again. I think good price for ALCS is max $30 for standard edition and $50 for pro edition.

Comment

$30 ? Really?

Do you know, that I Epic gets 30%, that I have to pay taxes f around 23%( if I am not mistaken ) here, and Paypal takes more 4,7%, and if is a bank transfer, the bank charges a lot more. So, I would end up working for free.
          Thanks, but not thanks. I prefer not to sell it.

Just to clarify: You wouldn't be paying 250 euros for something without testing. You would be paying 90€, and having a 60% discount on the PRO version. But that does not matter anymore.

Overpriced-assets on Marketplace: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...rpriced-assets
          Last edited by Alex3d; 09-26-2014, 10:51 PM.
          www.3dalex.com

Comment

$30 ? Really?

Do you know, that I Epic gets 30%, that I have to pay taxes f around 23%( if I am not mistaken ) here, and Paypal takes more 4,7%, and if is a bank transfer, the bank charges a lot more. So, I would end up working for free.
            Thanks, but not thanks. I prefer not to sell it.

Just to clarify: You wouldn't be paying 250 euros for something without testing. You would be paying 90€, and having a 60% discount on the PRO version. But that does not matter anymore.
            Other content creators pay the same taxes as you and they earn more and they are very happy but their assets are cheap for indies so many indie developers buy this... It's simple economy rule... If you sell something cheaper, more people buy this and you earn more... Don't you understand this? It's better to buy your system for $50 by 200 people than for $250 by 10 people...

Comment

Most content creators sells models, music, textures, effects. most of those things, does not need support. Code, plugins,software, Blueprints, those requires supports. You can compare them. Do you understand this? And in most software area, programming, you pay for having support, do you know that? In most software and programming areas, you don't buy things for life, and if you want to buy it for life, you have to pay an expensive price.

Do you have any idea of how many hours it took for me to work on this system? Do you know how many time it takes to make a model? Can you compare this things? Answer is a big NO! Don't you understand this?

Unity Store... kkkk It has lots of products selling there without any quality at all. You buy things there, and people disappear, and you stay with what you bought full of bugs. So Unity Store is not a good example at all.

Anyway, I won't be answering you anymore about this.
              Thank God you didn't become my client.
              Last edited by Alex3d; 09-26-2014, 11:19 PM.
              www.3dalex.com

Comment

Most content creators sells models, music, textures, effects. most of those things, does not need support. Code, plugins,software, Blueprints, those requires supports. You can compare them. Do you understand this? And in most software area, programming, you pay for having support, do you know that? In most software and programming areas, you don't buy things for life, and if you want to buy it for life, you have to pay an expensive price.

Do you have any idea of how many hours it took for me to work on this system? Do you know how many time it takes to make a model? Can you compare this things? Answer is a big NO! Don't you understand this?

Unity Store... kkkk It has lots of products selling there without any quality at all. You buy things there, and people disappear, and you stay with what you bought full of bugs. So Unity Store is not a good example at all.

Anyway, I won't be answering you anymore about this.
                Thank God you didn't become my client.
                OK, but how do I know that your system is not full of bugs? I've started this discussion because I need opinion other people who bought your system. I don't know if it worth that price... Sorry... I can't spend 90 euro if I don't 100% sure that your system satisfy me...
                Last edited by kodomastro; 09-27-2014, 12:07 AM.

Comment

How do I know if my system is not full of bugs? Because I am a good programmer and I spent 5 months working on this, testing this. I would be putting something to sell if it was full of bug. I wouldn't be submitting it to Epic's Marketplace as well. But, it is software, and it will probably appear one or two bugs, that I would be giving support and working on to fix. That is how I know!

Well, editing the text after, changing all the meaning. Before you asked: "how you know?" Now my answer have no meaning.kkkk
                  Last edited by Alex3d; 09-27-2014, 12:53 AM.
                  www.3dalex.com

Comment

I bought Mixamo for Indies that costs $249! So $1 cheaper than your pro system. Mixamo has 2000 animations for any character, Auto-rigger, Face plus, 100 characters, Mixamo Fuse for procedural creating characters and Decimator. And do you still think that your price is good?!?!
                    Other examples: Allegorithmic Indie Pack: $199!!! Quixel $249!!
                    Sorry, but these products are much more worth than your product and have lower or the same price as your system!

Comment

How do I know if my system is not full of bugs? Because I am a good programmer and I spent 5 months working on this, testing this. I would be putting something to sell if it was full of bug. I wouldn't be submitting it to Epic's Marketplace as well. But, it is software, and it will probably appear one or two bugs, that I would be giving support and working on to fix. That is how I know!

I don't know if you are good programmer or not... The same can talking other people sending content for Unity Asset Store or Unreal Marketplace... That's not guarantee that you are telling us that you are good programmer...

Comment

Go spend some time trying to make a ledge climbing system, that works similar to mine, then make some calculations of how many hours you spent, how much money you lost, then go back here, and we talk. Until then, good luck on your projects.
                        www.3dalex.com

Comment

Go spend some time trying to make a ledge climbing system, that works similar to mine, then make some calculations of how many hours you spent, how much money you lost, then go back here, and we talk. Until then, good luck on your projects.
                          Sorry, so you won't earn money for your hard work... I wanted to help you...
                          Last edited by kodomastro; 09-26-2014, 11:56 PM.

Comment

I would say that mistreating potential customers is not a very clever idea business wise.

You just lost another customer with these reactions. I also do think that the price is a bit high for the product, but it might just be me (I guess sales will most likely speak by themselves).

I think that the product itself is nice, though, so I wish you the best.

Comment

looks awesome! but I get a 404 error page when landing on your website

Comment

Originally posted by Gillies View Post
                                looks awesome! but I get a 404 error page when landing on your website
                                I am changing some things there on the site now.

Originally posted by LHutz View Post
                                I would say that mistreating potential customers is not a very clever idea business wise.

You just lost another customer with these reactions. I also do think that the price is a bit high for the product, but it might just be me (I guess sales will most likely speak by themselves).

I think that the product itself is nice, though, so I wish you the best.
                                The guy call himself a indie, but he does not mind paying $249 for a big company, but thinks that paying $100 for a hard work of another indie is too much. He is a freeloader that wants to explore other people works. Clients like this, I am sorry, but I really don't mind loosing. If he does not value my work, why would ever want he as my client? First he says that he does not know if this is worth for that price, then he says that it should have a price of $30. Come on!
                                Last edited by Alex3d; 09-27-2014, 12:55 AM.
                                www.3dalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X