No announcement yet.

Edge grabbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not finished, but I would like to know what you guys think about this little doc. Is it easy to understand? I wanted to make it simple.
    The hardest part of configuring my system is the Vines configuration, because we have to create a Vines PhysicalSurface inside the editor, so that my blueprint can work with it.

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/00dd2ead
    BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
    PRO version can be bought on my site only.
    www.3dalex.com

Comment

Thank you Alex3d!
      reference
      http://dirty-windows.de

my blog
      http://ulrichthuemmler.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich.Thümmler View Post
        Thank you Alex3d!
        For what? kkkk Did you see that doc the I posted? What is opinion about it. Is easy to understand?
        www.3dalex.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
          For what? kkkk Did you see that doc the I posted? What is opinion about it. Is easy to understand?
          Awesome and easy to understand
          Currently Working on a little Project called Vision Runner
          It's a First Person Parkour Game with an In-Game Map Editor.

Check it out on Steam Greenlight
          http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=211681776

Comment

Originally posted by Cybergebi View Post
            Awesome and easy to understand
            Thanks.

I am just finishing cleaning up the Maya file with all animations. So, almost there...
            www.3dalex.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
              Is easy to understand?
              Yes it is
              reference
              http://dirty-windows.de

my blog
              http://ulrichthuemmler.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nice Documentation!
                Short & Simple - right now i would call it perfect! (Opinion can change after first try )

Btw - if those Rotationparts are excluded (those necessary for 3D) - can this be used for the side scroller template too?
                (Shouldnt be that hard should it? hm..)

Comment

Originally posted by Apokus View Post
                  Nice Documentation!
                  Short & Simple - right now i would call it perfect! (Opinion can change after first try )

Btw - if those Rotationparts are excluded (those necessary for 3D) - can this be used for the side scroller template too?
                  (Shouldnt be that hard should it? hm..)
                  Well, probably it will work. I don't see any reason for not to.
                  www.3dalex.com

Comment

Thanks Alex, I'll be looking through this sooon. Is the documentation complete? Or you just throwing out a sample to tease people?

Comment

The doc was easy to follow and understand Alex. It looks like it will be very easy to get this up and running inside of a project. Great work!
                      Something dwells within the night,
                      that is not good and is not right.

"The Book of Counted Sorrows"

Comment

Originally posted by AutoLiMax View Post
                        Thanks Alex, I'll be looking through this sooon. Is the documentation complete? Or you just throwing out a sample to tease people?
                        Just a sample to tease! kkkkkkkkk Just kidding. What I showed was the most dificult part to setup of my system. And if, been easy to understand, I could continue with that approach.
                        But, it won't be much more than that. There are not much to setup or to explain.
                        Right now, I am doing some finishing touchs into the doc, into the Maya animations source file, and into the Demonstration Level.
                        Last edited by Alex3d; 08-20-2014, 03:34 PM.
                        www.3dalex.com

Comment

And this will be the Demonstration level:

www.3dalex.com

Comment

Your doc is easy to understand and follow , and pictures help alot , i was hoping you include pictures too , which you did , nothing speaks like a pic .
                            I'm very excited and anxious to get my hands on your system and test it on my character and animations . Thanks Alex .

Comment

Very cool system, I'm excited to try it out. Do you have your own site where you could host this? If so, please provide a donation button when you get set up. I think you deserve something for your efforts.
                              iTween For UE4
                              Procedural pathed animation for actors, components & UMG - $0
                              Runtime DataTable
                              DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!
                              easyCSV
                              Fast, cheap, and accurate CSV parsing at runtime!

Comment

Hi Alex3d, I've been reading this thread front to back. Great stuff man! I wanted to do something like this for testing the waters with Unreal Engine

Now, I'm a programmer, not an artist, so I ported Alex's blueprints from page 1 (Screenshots) to C++, so it all runs natively. If you guys are interested I can post the code here.

It's a quick & dirty job (can be more optimized, probably), but it's a good start. I haven't touched the animations or anything. This is just code to replace the Event Graph (overlapping detection, ray tracing and character movement).

I have a few ideas of my own (Creating a custom movement mode "Climbing", thus controlling behaviours a bit better)

Comment

Working...
                                X