• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eeeee! :3 so excite!
    Check out our game Arcus!

Comment

Awesome! I can't wait! <3

Comment

OH MY GOD! This looks amazing!!!! AMAZING!
        Really looking forward to looking at your documentation!

Comment

Thought to bump this, I am really excited to see the documentation!

Comment

Well, while I was testing all the implemented features, I found another bug. And I already look at my blueprints from top to bottom, and I don't see any reason for this to be happening. And also, that part of the code was working fine with UE 4.1, and 4.2. But for some reason, is giving this problem with UE 4.3.

And once again, it has something to do with Root Motion animation montage. I'll explain.

To Jump backward, I use and root motion animation to rotate the character and them make him to jump in that direction. But, when the character is grabbing a ledge, and I want to jump backward, if that ledge is located at the midlle of a wall ( as we can see on the video ) the root motion, does not work right. But, if the ledge is located at the wall's top ( as we can also see on the video ), the root motion happens fine and the jumb backward movement happens without a problem.

Here on this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-as...IdLkMqIVon1H0g , at second 0:24, we can see the code working. And the code for this part is the same. The only thing that changed is the engine version.

Does anyone have any clue about this problem?

So, I guess I will have to change the way the jumping backward is made.

EDITED: Yeap! Something has changed on the engine from 4.2.1 to 4.3 . I just created a new level with version 4.3 and added my BP there, I run the game, and the bug is there. Than, I did the same thing for version 4.2.1, and the bug is not there.
            Last edited by Alex3d; 08-10-2014, 12:48 AM.
            BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
            PRO version can be bought on my site only.
            www.3dalex.com

Comment

Well currently I'm using 4.2 so I couldn't help you but I have a question.
              If you do make a change to the way jumping is made in the 4.3 version will it still work in the 4.2 version?
              I've been eagerly awaiting to implement this in to my test game and it would be a shame if it were to not work any more in the 4.2 version.

I've just moved house and haven't got fibre optic yet and don't know when I'll be getting it so it would be a pain to download 4.3 version.

peace

Comment

Yes, it will because I am testing this on at least two UE versions, the last and the previous one.
                Also, last night, I manage to almost finish the new jumping backward code (BP). I just need to rotate the character to face the jumping direction.
                www.3dalex.com

Comment

Jumping backward is working now with a diferent approach.
                  So, a few more tests to make sure everything is working right...

And, just a new video showing that everything is working now, and also showing a little bit of how to create the ledges ( Just create and nothing else, no setup needed ).

Last edited by Alex3d; 08-11-2014, 01:05 AM.
                  www.3dalex.com

Comment

One more vídeo, showing how to install and configure my Ledge Climbing system. The Vines Climbing configuration, is the only part that requires a very little setup, because it requires a physical surface (Vines) type to be created at slot 1.

Last edited by Alex3d; 08-13-2014, 09:49 PM.
                    www.3dalex.com

Comment

This is incredible. Vine climb, back jumping, everything. Thank you so much for your time. This is everything I would've wanted out of a climbing system. I enjoyed the old climbing system from Shadow of the Colosussus and this seems very adaptable for that. Games today don't make the player feel like their character's body is hurting and straining from climbing mountains all the time. There's no visceral feel.

This foundation makes it possible for so many people to build up their own system that brings back the stress of hanging off a cliff or skyscraper. Too many AAA games have gone with the Assassin's Creed button free "platforming."

Thanks for all the hundreds of hours you surely put in and the chance for many devs to evolve the climbing in games. If this were in a market, it would deserve top sales.

Comment

Where can I download this system?

Comment

Just working on the tutorial right. I tested and tested, and I don't find anymore bugs. Of course I still need to test with UE4.4.
                          One week or two, would be my guess, for when it will be ready to release.
                          Maybe will ready at the same time as marketplace.
                          www.3dalex.com

Comment

oh Alex3d i can't wait this looks soo good.
                            reference
                            http://dirty-windows.de

my blog
                            http://ulrichthuemmler.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just finished testing and fixing the bugs that came with UE4.4. Migrating from UE4.3 to 4.4 was a pain, because UE4.4 didn't keep most of my BP settings. So, I had to found out what was missing and fixed. Now it is working on UE4.2, UE4.3 and UE4.4.

Anyway, back to the docs again.
                              www.3dalex.com

Comment

Love it! I can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X