Emit particles over UMG button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voigtboy View Post
    Let me know if you can get any of your particles to render over a UMG control. This doesn't seem to help.
    If they do not render at all then it means that you cannot do it through pfx. But like Jared said you should be able to spawn particles "over" umg as emitters on your screen and desired location with a lot of tweaking.
    VFX Artist
    Portfolio: Here

Comment

Originally posted by DieByZer0 View Post
      If they do not render at all then it means that you cannot do it through pfx. But like Jared said you should be able to spawn particles "over" umg as emitters on your screen and desired location with a lot of tweaking.
      Well, what i was talking about was doing it in 3D, the widget actually existing in world space near the camera and spawning a (scaled) particle system physically on the component. Doesn't require a lot of tweaking, but it is poor on drawcalls.

Your system sounds much more performant, but would require some real working knowledge, yes?
      Procedural, modular, on-the-fly animation - iTween For UE4
      - Actors - Components - UMG - Ease In - Ease Out - Path-constrained Animation - $0

Runtime Datatable
      -All the fun of DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!

Comment

You can implement the mouse move in the graph view
        Free Inventory System (BP AND C++ Version): Clicky Clicky
        Player Structure System (Houses!) (BP): Pew Pew Marketplace Version: Yoink!
        Howto: Create Dragable UMG Windows: Zoom Zoom

Comment

Originally posted by Jared Therriault View Post
          Well, what i was talking about was doing it in 3D, the widget actually existing in world space near the camera and spawning a (scaled) particle system physically on the component. Doesn't require a lot of tweaking, but it is poor on drawcalls.

Your system sounds much more performant, but would require some real working knowledge, yes?
          I believe so yes due to having to tweak and scale, Have never really tried but it would of been easier todo as an fx artist.
          You could ask or hire someone to make a particle system for you but that will need you to spawn it and make sure it appears.
          VFX Artist
          Portfolio: Here

Comment

Working...
          X