Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this ruohki!
    I've got a question though:
    What variables do I have to set in the character to make him have an inventory?
    I'm using the C++ version.
    When I wan't to "AddToInventory" to his "class UInventory *Inventory" I also don't quite get what the second parameter "TArray<FInventoryStructure> inInventory" is for?
    All of this is quite new to me, I hope you understand.

Maybe if you could reupload the blueprint version I could check it out and work from there.

Every help is welcome!
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by blueshifted; 08-22-2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

will fix the link later this day, thanks for pointing that out

the TArray Param wich is defined like so

TArray<FInventoryStructure>& inInventory

is taking in a REFERENCE to a Inventory Structure so basically the Array Variable that should be modified (should be added items to) as you see all those a restatic functions that should just modify present arrays not manage an inventory in the object itself

you can see this whole thing as a BlueprintFunctionLibrary not an Actor

Edit: Dropbox Link Fixed
      Last edited by ruohki; 08-24-2015, 08:54 AM.
      Free Inventory System (BP AND C++ Version): Clicky Clicky
      Player Structure System (Houses!) (BP): Pew Pew Marketplace Version: Yoink!
      Howto: Create Dragable UMG Windows: Zoom Zoom

Comment

I pretty much got the C++ version to work (basic functionality at least) and I gotta say it again, it's awesome!

One question though: You said it's network ready. Does this mean I can easily replicate the Inventory to the client and add/remove items by asking the server to do that?
        I tried that with my old UMG inventory and it ****ed everything up because the Widget runs only on the client.
        Maybe my update function was trash, I dunno

Just asking if you tried/did that when you say it's network ready!

And again, big thanks for this!

Edit: Forget my question. What I proposed seems to work perfectly! I don't have much on my paypal but I'll gladly support you!
        Last edited by blueshifted; 09-05-2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

you basically set the actor to be replicated and execute all the add to inventory etc stuff on the Server. You could make the inventory array a RepNotify so you can update your hud

Comment

Does the SwapInventoryPosition work with empty slots? I'm trying to implement drag & drop events for switching positions in the array.

Do you know of a way to get the inventory slot (empty ones too) I'm currently hovering over?
            Last Active Item widget only works with slots I already have an item in.

Thanks for your help mate!
            Last edited by blueshifted; 09-06-2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

iam using a fixed size array for that every item that is not a real item has the item base class so you can easylie use swap

Comment

Edit: I've a workaround for the problem I had with dragging and dropping. I'll post my Drag'n'Drop solution when I have one here
                Last edited by blueshifted; 09-10-2015, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                  Might be a stupid question, but why do your methods in inventory take an array of inventorystructure structs since each player surely only has one right?
                  This is obviously aimed at the c++ version.

Comment

As a beginner for UE4 glad i found this! Nice work!

Comment

Hello i am having a bit of problem with the inventory system. when i downloaded it and extracted it to the content. i then opened rIinventory in the UE4 and i get many errors from the widget blueprints.. How can i fix it?

Comment

I know it's an old topic but thanks for this. Wish I came across this earlier. One thing I would like to know is how to make the inventory work with touch events, it's aimed at mouse/cursor responses now seeing the custom override functions for the mouse. Is it possible to do the same for touch/click events?

EDIT: got it working and changed a lot of stuff around to suite my needs. Next thing is to get it all replicated and working in Multiplayer.
                        Last edited by KillerSneak; 06-20-2016, 04:55 AM.
                        Do Not Argue Toxic Game
                        Balloony PoP get it on Google Play
                        Fishy Blub Blub
                        get it on Google Play

Comment

Sorry for necro.
                          Could you please reupload it? Dropbox link is down.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Hey, and sorry for the delay, had some hell of a year. Anyway the links are fixed. Not sure if it still works in 4.15 - at least it should

Comment

when I migrate it to my project it will not show up what might be wrong?

Comment

Hello

I am sorry for asking such a stupid question, but is there a simple guide, to setting this up, or a youtube guide for this specific system? I'm just starting to make a game and I want to use this so bad... I will be so happy for all the help!

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X