Free Inventory System - Backend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, thx a lot for sharing !

So i am supposed to see something when i hit play?

I tried to use it : so in the level blueprint i spawn rInventaryActor, i add some items. Then on rInventary actor, on beginPlay i create UserInterfaceWidget and add it to view port, and i only see Inventary in a black background, there is no items.

Im doing something wrong?

Comment

You should create your Inventory when a Player Spawns so in the controllers begin play for example. Then if you create the widget you should also have some items "Add to Inventory" added

Edit: Ive uploaded a whole working demo project, Simply put the Folder inside the ZIP Archive to your projects and open the unreal project.
      Last edited by ruohki; 12-14-2014, 05:55 PM.
      Free Inventory System (BP AND C++ Version): Clicky Clicky
      Player Structure System (Houses!) (BP): Pew Pew Marketplace Version: Yoink!
      Howto: Create Dragable UMG Windows: Zoom Zoom

Comment

Thx for answering me and for the upload. What i did wasn't working because i forgot to set the reference Inventary Actor in the widget ...

But i think it ins't fully working yet : i can't see items in the grid and i can't add or remove anything, add to inventary always return false, i think it's because this test always return false Click image for larger version

Name:	unreal_forum.png
Views:	1
Size:	619.0 KB
ID:	1062111

Comment

Inside the Inventory Actor there is a function called "get Item Data by class" ... there is a spawn node wich has a broken connection. Fix it and everything should work... No idea why all those bp nodes are so unstable ******** break all the time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-12-15 00.25.34.png
Size:	441.1 KB
ID:	1062114

Edit: Updated the Zip again. and resaved all the stuff. also i did include all the "maybe" unneeded files...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-12-15 00.30.45.png
Size:	958.7 KB
ID:	1062118
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ruohki; 12-14-2014, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Okay so i downloaded the last version, it still wasn't working : in get data from class, the object spawned from the node wasn't connected in the cast node. After i connected it i now can see items in the grid, when i click on it, it spawn a meat or razor into the world but it doesn't update the numbers of the items (always stay the same). So im guessing other stuff aren't working well since i don't know what is possible to do with your inventary, i can't really know what isn't working, but i basically can't do anything with it.

Anyways thx a lot, it is still a great example for doing UMG related stuff.

Comment

check the mouse move event or mouse up there should be another disconnected node

Comment

Originally posted by ruohki View Post
                check the mouse move event or mouse up there should be another disconnected node
                There is another broken node in OnMouseButtonUP in InventorySlotWidget from the SpawnActor to the Cast, which when fixed restored the click to use functionality, but not the mouse drag. Looked through others but didn't find anything obviously wrong.

Comment

This sample does not contain drag & drop as its just a sample on how to visualize the content of the actor

Comment

Ahh... Ok. I looked at it again and understand.

This is a nice piece of work, ruohki. Thanks for sharing it with the community.

Comment

Originally posted by Daeftan View Post
                      Ahh... Ok. I looked at it again and understand.

This is a nice piece of work, ruohki. Thanks for sharing it with the community.
                      thank you... iam going to release a tutorial on how to do moveable windows in umg and blueprint this week so stay tuned

Comment

Is this networked or singleplayer only?
                        Do Not Argue Toxic Game
                        Balloony PoP get it on Google Play
                        Fishy Blub Blub
                        get it on Google Play

Comment

I don't understand how to use it.
                          What do i put in the characterblueprint behind
                          key a -> to make it do something?

meh.. why am i asking.. as if i'll get a reply :=P

@killer.. No.

Comment

This is nothing graphical its just a backend like a framework... However there is a little demo on how to use it with umg for example

Comment

The dropbox link doesnt work.

Comment

hi there. Like KrunkFu said, the dropbox link doesn't work =(. But github is still awesome =)

Comment

Working...
                                X