No announcement yet.

Free Inventory System - Backend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you adding the example for umg to the free package today?
    Last edited by invayne; 11-22-2014, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by invayne View Post
      are you adding the example for umg to the free package today?
      have to shedule that to tomorrow... editor decided to crash :S
      Free Inventory System (BP AND C++ Version): Clicky Clicky
      Player Structure System (Houses!) (BP): Pew Pew Marketplace Version: Yoink!
      Howto: Create Dragable UMG Windows: Zoom Zoom

Comment

ouch yeah that always sucks specially if you for get to save everything.

Comment

Originally posted by invayne View Post
          ouch yeah that always sucks specially if you for get to save everything.
          I dont know if its my C++ project iam working in or an editor bug, but working with umg crashes the editor alot. Ive evolved a habit of saving almost every file b4 running my game

Comment

nah mine crashes to for some odd reason

Comment

New version is up. Including an very simple Inventory UI Example. Its basically just displaying whats inside + you can use the items with a rightclick. This UMG example is just barely documentated, because its not on my prioritylist right now, i just added it to showcase stuff a bit and help you guys get an idea of how to use the Inventory System (ill put up some infos here soon). If you got any questions ask them (please dont ask questions like how do i add drag drop and stuff).

Ive added a playercontroller wich you can set in your gamemode for easy demonstration.

Also ive changed alot of under the hood things. The inventory array size is now fixed to the size of the inventory. (This is to be better suitable for a grid system)

I had to split those files from my regular project so if something isnt working as expected please tell me (alot of wires got disconnected and i had to reconnect them again, also my main project got shred:S)

Update: There was an Problem with the "Reorder Inventory" Function wich is now fixed. Just grab the latest version and you should be set

Comment

worked like a charm!

since i'm a newbie, your system really helped me get something started (e.g. it was easy to add "picking/dropping items" from the ground to/from the inv). Right now im trying to play with UMG.

btw im trying to use it in a MP game and theres a weird bug that crashes UE (due UE, not your system. works fine in a SP game).

Rama explains whats happening https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/628

well, I will buy your stuff (Player Structure System looks great too) if it goes to marketplace (right now I cant donate since my PP account is zero )

anyway, thanks ruohki!
                It's so UNREAL

Comment

Originally posted by Skuba View Post
                  worked like a charm!

since i'm a newbie, your system really helped me get something started (e.g. it was easy to add "picking/dropping items" from the ground to/from the inv). Right now im trying to play with UMG.

btw im trying to use it in a MP game and theres a weird bug that crashes UE (due UE, not your system. works fine in a SP game).

Rama explains whats happening https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/628

well, I will buy your stuff (Player Structure System looks great too) if it goes to marketplace (right now I cant donate since my PP account is zero )

anyway, thanks ruohki!
                  thank you for kind words. Havent tested stuff in MP yet, iam heavly dealing with the User Interface iam creating. Using this Inventory Actor. Ill post some WiP stuff later

Comment

Hi there, thanks for this system. I have extracted the contents of the zip folder to the content folder in my project.
                    However, when I open the project and go to the rInventory folder in my content browser, the folders there are empty (as if the uasset files haven't been imported).
                    When I try to import them manually/draganddrop, it pops up with the error "unknown extension uasset".

I suspect that this may be because I am still using version 4.4.3. Do you perhaps have a fix or am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by VitriolicZA View Post
                      Hi there, thanks for this system. I have extracted the contents of the zip folder to the content folder in my project.
                      However, when I open the project and go to the rInventory folder in my content browser, the folders there are empty (as if the uasset files haven't been imported).
                      When I try to import them manually/draganddrop, it pops up with the error "unknown extension uasset".

I suspect that this may be because I am still using version 4.4.3. Do you perhaps have a fix or am I doing something wrong?
                      Well, i dont have 4.4.3 anymore so i cant reproduce this error, maybe someone can confirm? The Blueprints were made in 4.5 maybe you should try to update (Add a new Engine Version) and try this thing in a blank project

Edit: I moved all the UI related stuff to a new post since this should be on the backend and not the frontend
                      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-UserInterface

Comment

Total noob with this stuff, whats the step by step to get it working, if i put the player controller inventory in it will spawn an inventory but i cant do anything with it

Comment

Second post is what you have to put in your controller or whatever to get things working. Its just an example. This is just a backend actor the videos i posted is my personal work on an inventory for a game. its not part of this free system

Comment

This is fantastic work! i did a very similar system in a game jam environment but it was ugly and hacky because of the time limit. Very pleased to have this leg up, but also thank you for providing the basic UI interface!
                            JcInventory, a Jigsaw Grid based Inventory designed in UMG and blueprint

Comment

Originally posted by Staggerlee View Post
                              This is fantastic work! i did a very similar system in a game jam environment but it was ugly and hacky because of the time limit. Very pleased to have this leg up, but also thank you for providing the basic UI interface!
                              Thank you very much.

I just tested the Actor in 4.6 and had a strange issue. Its not really a bug just a disconnected wire in the InventoryActor->GetItemDatafromClass Function. Please check after updating your project to 4.6. if the SpawnActor Node is still connected with its return value pin to the Object pin of the Cast To node. If not simply connect and everything should be ok again

Comment

Yay finished the first c++ version of this. I dont have done any documentation so far but well, if you use c++ you should be able to use this Inventory . I improved the c++ so you dont need to spawn any thing to work with the inv, its also alot faster and network ready.

Maybe a Mod could move this Thread to the WiP Section please ?

GitHub link on the First Post

Comment

Working...
                                X