Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about camera's in rooms

Hey guys,

Let me preface this by saying I know next to nothing about UE4, and have only worked a little in it for a class I'm in. I'm making a level for that class, and I wanted to make a room where you can see all of the other rooms (sort of like where a security guard would sit and watch 6 monitors that can see 6 rooms). Is there a camera object that I could place in each room that I could use to project what that object sees onto a monitor in a different room?

I don't know if it was clear or not what I am trying to do. If it isn't, please let me know and I'll try to explain better.

Thanks,
    wolfpack4417

Yeah, check out Blueprint Office project in the marketplace. It has exactly that kind of a camera setup.
    FREE Lightshow
    FREE VR Drum Kit Project

FREE Color LUT Collection
    FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
    FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
    Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
    Camera Crossfade

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Yes you can do this, and is actually fairly simple to do.

This tutorial by Tesla goes over how to have a camera in level, and apply a the camera's view onto another object to display the video:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWRk...naFF-q0qjXPDEg

Once you know how to create one, the other 5 will be easy to setup as well.

Hope that helps!

Edit: Copied my answer here, please don't double post, we can move your thread to another section if needed.
      Last edited by DotCam; 11-02-2014, 08:17 PM.
      Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

OK awesome thanks. I didn't know which I should post in, so I posted in students, then realized it wasn't nearly as active as the other so I switched it but neither post had shown up yet so I couldn't go back and delete my other post. Thank you for the answer!

Comment

Working...
        X