Replicating a lot of variables all at once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicating a lot of variables all at once

So I have a level that's filled with objects that are either shown or not shown, determined by the server at several times throughout play. It's working for the most part, though they replicate a bit slow (you can see stuff disappear in order rather than all at once), and it would also appear that some of them aren't properly replicating (hidden on the server but not on the client). Does this sound like a problem caused by setting too many replicated variables in the same frame? I know what I have isn't a pretty solution but this isn't something I wanted to spend a lot of time on.

So what net relevancy and update frequency should I use? Should these props be always relevant? Should I come up with some other method for sending all those bytes at once (I'm assuming I could optimize this by mapping all the objects to some sort of bitfield and then flipping bits to determine whether a prop is shown, but I don't want to go down this path if I'm still going to have issues)? All the objects update simultaneously but very infrequently.
Working...
X