Cast To GameHUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cast To GameHUD

So, I have followed this tutorial to the "T" under the sections "Dislaying the HUD" It is spelled wrong in the tutorial... this might be a bad omen... For some reason I can't Cast To GameHUD... please help I have tried every node toggling context box on and off and still cant seem to cast to GameHUD.... I have done EVERYTHING exactly and nada

Thanks!
    Sorry If this has been an issue but I can't find anything on Cast To GameHUD

You might want to follow all the other parts previous to the the part you have followed.

Here's the start of the full tutorial: UMG HUD TUTORIAL
    Looking for blueprint tutorials? Then visit my blog... voxagon

Comment

When you're creating your widget, store it in a variable. You should be able to do a GetNode on the variable, and cast it. Try toggling the Context Sensitivity.

Comment

I started from the very beginning of the tutorial, I just posted the link to the current part i was stuck on, I deleted my progress and started over several times and I still am getting no Cast to GameHUD... BLARG!!!!

Comment

I did this as well The GameHUDWidget variable... from the Promote To Variable function, I think that's what that was, I'm a noob

Comment

Promote to Variable is the same as creating a variable, it just automates the process As I asked in the private message, can you upload a screenshot to the thread?

Comment

Comment

I had the very same issue yesterday and it nearly drove me insane, but I found a solution: If I compiled and saved all my blueprints, closed them all, then re-opened then it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Koorts View Post
                  I had the very same issue yesterday and it nearly drove me insane, but I found a solution: If I compiled and saved all my blueprints, closed them all, then re-opened then it worked.
                  lol i did this too

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Koorts View Post
                    I tried this again and even shut down the editor... nothing

Comment

I remade what you showed. It works fine for me.

You could try deleting your Intermediate folder, the engine will rebuild it all again.

Comment

deleting that didn't work either... this is incredibly odd... I must have some obscure UMG feature turned off...

Comment

I did what you suggested in the private message, deleted and created one (GameHUDWidget variable) from scratch... and it WORKED Thank you so much Neur0t1c, and thanks for all your other suggestions. I will never promote to variable again... lol jk im sure its just broken

Comment

I ran into the exact same problem yesterday, funny to read I'm not the only one. I will try the suggestions mentioned here tonight!

Comment

Why are you casting that to begin with? Create that widget should already be of that type there shouldn't be a need to cast.

Comment

Working...
                              X