No announcement yet.

Questions about Apex PhysX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What file does one use for PhysX? Do I have to compile it? Can it accomplished with WDExpress? Does is work with UE4?

Comment

Apologies for the late reply on this.

PhsyX uses .apb and .apx when exported from the PhysXLabs application.

There shouldn't be any need for compile that I'm aware of. It's just like importing an FBX or OBJ file.

Not sure what needs to be done with WDExpress. I know it's an extension or some part of Visual Studio from what I've looked up. As far as I know there should be no need for it.

Tim
      Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
      UE4 Documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
        Apologies for the late reply on this.

PhsyX uses .apb and .apx when exported from the PhysXLabs application.

There shouldn't be any need for compile that I'm aware of. It's just like importing an FBX or OBJ file.

Not sure what needs to be done with WDExpress. I know it's an extension or some part of Visual Studio from what I've looked up. As far as I know there should be no need for it.

Tim
        Tim, yes I understand importing the FBX file. The question is how do I create the FBX with PhysXLabs. PhysXLabs app?????

Comment

The question is how do I create the FBX with PhysXLabs. PhysXLabs app?????
          It doesn't create an FBX. It will create an .APB file. This is done with the PhysXLabs plugin for Max/Maya or the standalone app.
          UE4 Documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
            It doesn't create an FBX. It will create an .APB file. This is done with the PhysXLabs plugin for Max/Maya or the standalone app.
            So one has to have Max or Maya. Is there any other way?

Comment

This is done with the PhysXLabs plugin for Max/Maya or the standalone app.
              You can get the standalone app from Developers.Nvidia.com along with their tutorials.

All this information was mentioned before in this prior post above: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post138676
              UE4 Documentation

Comment

Tim, any movies that using a destructable mesh made with apex and then imported into UE4? All the ones I have found are to UDK.

Comment

Working...
                X