Player Structure System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player Structure System

Heyho just wanna showof a very early stage of a System iam curently doing in nothing but Blueprint.

Its fairly close to the one the game RUST is using or better was useing. Anyway here is video of the curent stage.

Comments welcome.

Yes
    53.33%
    No
    0.00%
    Depends on the price
    46.67%

The poll is expired.

Free Inventory System (BP AND C++ Version): Clicky Clicky
    Player Structure System (Houses!) (BP): Pew Pew Marketplace Version: Yoink!
    Howto: Create Dragable UMG Windows: Zoom Zoom

Hello i'm actually building something very similar, perhaps we could help each other out ?

If your interested let me know, you can add me on skype: ecashmoney

Cheers!

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Here is an Update. Did alot of speed improvements, added new models and well kind of a ui.

The whole system runs smooth at 250 frames (at least for me).

Comment

Awesome, the new models look good

Comment

Good job. i think in the new one the map that shows what is it that you are going to build is a little to big and obscuring the view too much.
            Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

Comment

Yeh i thought about making the map so that when you look up the blueprint gets lowerd also need to improove the texture on that. It was a prototype test at first
              Last edited by ruohki; 10-26-2014, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Really excellent system! I was looking into doing something like this myself but I'd be glad to save myself some work and give you some money as long as the system is customizable (our own models and textures). Are all of these pieces placed as child components of another blueprint? I'm wondering how one would save structures.

In the future, maybe you could consider a version for the construction script so we can make semi-permanent buildings before runtime?
                Procedural, modular, on-the-fly animation - iTween For UE4
                - Actors - Components - UMG - Ease In - Ease Out - Path-constrained Animation - $0

Comment

First and foremost I want to say this is looking great!

I'm very curious about how you went about the snapping of the meshes together. Any and all information would be appreciated, thanks!

Comment

That looks impressive.

Comment

Ill upload the project showed in the first video this week. Just need to clean it up a bit, however the second video is a complete rewrite and part of a project so i cant release that, but as a hint: its all about trace channels in the new version

Comment

Originally posted by Jared Therriault View Post
                        Really excellent system! I was looking into doing something like this myself but I'd be glad to save myself some work and give you some money as long as the system is customizable (our own models and textures). Are all of these pieces placed as child components of another blueprint? I'm wondering how one would save structures.

In the future, maybe you could consider a version for the construction script so we can make semi-permanent buildings before runtime?
                        Well there is no procedural construction included right now. But maybe ill include this kind of stuff, also i need to do netcode and see how that works. And yea every indipendant building is an own actor

Comment

Originally posted by ruohki View Post
                          Yeh i thought about making the map so that when you look up the blueprint gets lowerd also need to improove the texture on that. It was a prototype test at first
                          Good idea! I think you should have a key ( let's say "E" or w/e ) that toggles the "look at map" action that will just rotate the viewport down and raise the map and same backward.
                          Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

Comment

Well actually the bp/map is simply to show wich part you build... Well fps hands

Comment

Originally posted by ruohki View Post
                              Well actually the bp/map is simply to show wich part you build... Well fps hands
                              In this case i think it should be a little sprite in the corner or a slider that you can pick from it like minecraft or the way you chose an item to use in DukeNukem3D.

Comment

Working...
                              X