Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modular Character Morph Issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Modular Character Morph Issue

    Long story short, I've build a (VERY) modular Character system. It's working great, but today, when I started to install the Morph Target system for customization, I ran into a snag; My blueprint, which works perfectly to set my morph values on the meshes, won't affect the head mesh! I've tried rebuilding, renaming the morphs, and re-exporting the head mesh, and a wide variety of things to tweak the blueprint, but I haven't found a solution. Even trying to set the head manually in the blueprint has no effect. The imported mesh shows the morphs in the head mesh, and it links up perfectly with the body morphs while reviewing the mesh.

    I'm stumped as to why the head is not morphing with the rest of the body via the blueprint.

    Any thoughts?

    Here's my blueprint, the resulting mesh:

    #2
    What are the morph targets you have defined in the head mesh? I see you're affecting WeightMuscle_0_0, WeightMuscle_1_0, WeightMuscle_0_1, WeightMuscle_1_1, are those morph targets present in the head mesh?
    Animation and Physics Programmer, UE4, Epic Games

    Comment


      #3
      Yes, WeightMuscle_0_0, WeightMuscle_1_0, WeightMuscle_0_1, WeightMuscle_1_1 all exist in the head model. I even tried copy/pasting them from the mesh inside Unreal into the name value without any success.



      As you can clearly see, all three of my morphing models are using the same WeightMuscle morph names, and if I attach the chest and hips to my head model preview, (or vice-versa) all of them properly deform when I increase a morph.

      There is no logical reason for the head not to deform, and yet, it isn't...

      Comment


        #4
        Hmm, next thing to check would be the head component in the blueprint. If you put a breakpoint on either the Set node for the head enum exec or one of the SetMorphTarget nodes and make sure a valid component it being used. If the head component is not correctly set then it won't update the morph target.

        The components in the previewer and the actual blueprint should share the morph functionality so if one is working the other should be. This is hopefully the most likely cause.
        Animation and Physics Programmer, UE4, Epic Games

        Comment


          #5
          Turns out there was a bug in my c++ code where the head component was initialize. I rewrote it and now it works fine! Thank you!

          Comment

          Working...
          X