Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manipulate (curve) projectile without physics

Hi everyone,

I am trying to "curve" a bullet using the unreal projectile component.
    I was wondering what tools/nodes I have to manipulate the path the project takes after being fired.
    What would be the smartest way to make the projectile move some units on its local y-axis?

Any advice?

You can set a new velocity at any moment. Here is an example to start "curving" the projectile in the y axis after 2 seconds:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	105.3 KB ID:	1768882

PS: note that this is only to show how it's possible: just setting a new vel. vector. In this example, the velocity keeps increasing or decreasing depending on the mul. factor.
    Last edited by EvilCleric; 05-30-2020, 08:46 AM.
    "I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness."

Comment

Thank you EvilCleric,

I'll gladly try that solution

Comment

This is a better way. In this case, we created a function where you can set an angle (based on Everynone answer in https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...direction.html) and the final velocity remains the same (=initial speed).

In this example, the trajectory will be: 2 seconds straight (0º) -> 2 seconds in a 45º -> back to straight (0º):

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.7 KB ID:	1769059

Note that only the trajectory is changed, not the orientation.
        Last edited by EvilCleric; 05-30-2020, 03:08 PM.
        "I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness."

Comment

That is super neat! Thank you a lot

Comment

Working...
          X