How to call function by name without timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to call function by name without timer

Hello. I am trying to call a function by name in blueprint.

The simplest way what I found, the using Set Timer, has a problem that called one tick late even if set smallest time value.

If time value is set to 0.0, it will not be called.

Maybe I should use a method other than a timer. Is there any way to call function by name?

(Please don't say "Why do you want to call the function by name. Just call it by reference" or "Isn't it okay if it's called 1 tick late?" or "Use interface")
    Last edited by jic6012; 04-28-2020, 04:18 PM.

Originally posted by jic6012 View Post
    Hello. I am trying to call a function by name in blueprint.

The simplest way what I found, the using Set Timer, has a problem that called one tick late even if set smallest time value.

If time value is set to 0.0, it will not be called.

Maybe I should use a method other than a timer. Is there any way to call function by name?

(Please don't say "Why do you want to call the function by name. Just call it by reference" or "Isn't it okay if it's called 1 tick late?" or "Use interface")
    It sounds like you want C++
    Check out Zof ( puzzle game ) on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1414480/Zof/

Comment

Originally posted by ClockworkOcean View Post

It sounds like you want C++

If it possible only in C++, and if that can call blueprint function by name, Implementing in C++ and linking it to a blueprint seems good solution.

Comment

Could a combo of CreateEvent node + Bind (Event-Dispatchers) achieve what you want...?
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        What are the BEST Unreal Tutorials / Docs? There are none tbh... Here's why
        Instead its better to just take projects apart (see the free 'creators' listed here)

Comment

Hey, jic6012 Epic Developers already showed how to do it in a very simple C++ code that you can use in Blueprint.

Here is the link to the YouTube video, the part you are interested in is at 45:20 (already marked it down for you) I a sure you it works exactly like you want, been using it for some time now.

Hope it helps!
          Last edited by Lionard; 04-28-2020, 11:06 PM.
          Main developer of Penkura

Comment

Originally posted by Lionard View Post
            Hey, jic6012 Epic Developers already showed how to do it in a very simple C++ code that you can use in Blueprint.

Here is the link to the YouTube video, the part you are interested in is at 45:20 (already marked it down for you) I a sure you it works exactly like you want, been using it for some time now.

Hope it helps!
            Oh it is exactly what I wished! Thank you!

Comment

Any time, happy to help. Good luck with your work!
              Main developer of Penkura

Comment

Working...
              X