Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From widget BP to Level BP with a BP interface

Hello Mates,

I am trying to make a directional light (the sun) move to position when the player click on an icon in a menu.

I created a BP interface with a morning function and from my Widget BP I would like to call the function morning to transmit it to a Level BP which will set the new rotation of the directional light but....
    The event message node need a target input and if a create a variable actor type I cannot select the level as default value...
    So how to select the level in the variable or transmit the info to the level BP?
    If you can point out a solution, that will be nice :-)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1730823

Originally posted by Karrelen View Post
    Hello Mates,

I am trying to make a directional light (the sun) move to position when the player click on an icon in a menu.

I created a BP interface with a morning function and from my Widget BP I would like to call the function morning to transmit it to a Level BP which will set the new rotation of the directional light but....
    The event message node need a target input and if a create a variable actor type I cannot select the level as default value...
    So how to select the level in the variable or transmit the info to the level BP?
    If you can point out a solution, that will be nice :-)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1730823
    You can't talk to the level BP with interfaces, you need to use an event dispatcher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEcoWGrF1Hg
    Check out Zof ( puzzle game ) on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1414480/Zof/

Comment

Originally posted by ClockworkOcean View Post

You can't talk to the level BP with interfaces, you need to use an event dispatcher
      Thank you for pointing this out
      Then I follow several tutorials about event dispatchers including the one you mentioned.

There is also this short tutorial here
      Last edited by Karrelen; 03-11-2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X