Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE4 - How to sync a loading screen looping time, with the real time it takes a map to load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE4 - How to sync a loading screen looping time, with the real time it takes a map to load?

Hi, How to create a loading screen, that loops forever, until main game map is fully loaded?

I created a map for my main menu, credits, intro videos, etc, and as you click play, It loads the game map, i had to separarted both because my game is openworld and i didn´t want the game map to affect my intro videos, fps, effects; but now i want to create the looping loading screen and all i can find is tutorials using delay nodes; when time is over they simply use a load node to open the game map; but, this is not real, as i open my game map, wich is hudge, it takes about 4 to 5 seconds for UE to fully load that map, the game freezes or fps is the lowest ever... then, after 4 to 5 second, the game map finally works, and it runs at 60FPS.

I find "delay" loading screen methods kind of fake, because loading screen widgets should loop forever, until the map is fully workind, as any professional game does, depending on each computer specs; if i play the same game in a laptop and a desktop, lets say, Red Redemption 2, WWE, Far Cry5; after click "play" my laptop takes longer loading times, while my desktop takes 1 second of loading screen; using a delay node to fake that loop, is going to create a looping "loading" for the same time on both, but my laptop is going to open an unplayable level or game and loading screen are going to freeze until each computer with different specs is able to fully load the game, i thought, instead of adding this loading widget to my main menu map, add it to my game map, but no idea, how to make it find out when the level is fully loaded to stop the looping widget.

Please help with BP pics if possible, thanks
    Last edited by DraxFX; 03-07-2020, 05:29 AM.
Working...
X