Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preventing tab key to navigate in widget buttons

Hello !

I'm currently working on an inventory system. I just made simple buttons and texts.
    I open my inventory with "Tab". But when I click on a button and press tab, it just highlight buttons (like on window).
    I have to click somewhere else to be able to close the inventory with "Tab" again.

- I read that changing "Render focus rule" to Never in the project settings might be the solution, but it doesn't work.

Can you help me ?
    Thank you.

I can help you maybe disabling input on tab press then on release enable it again, might work idk.. I doubt it though.
    Some cool unreal projects you may like!

Developer of GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game Buy the game google gladiators of the arena steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/7..._Of_The_Arena/

Download the demo Download the demo
    external link Dropbox DropBox

Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

Comment

Yeah I don't think it's gonna work. If I could just deactivate the Tab/Arrows navigation option that would be great :/

Comment

I had a similiar problem.
        Fixed it by adding the node "Set Focus to Game Viewport" when pressing the tab key.
        This will put the focus back on your viewport.

Comment

When you open/create widget you need to focus it. Also, uncheck all "Focusable" on child widget that you do not need.

Comment

Thanks a lot ! It worked ! x)

Comment

Working...
            X